Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

handwerk79

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
i believe the overheating is from the turbo charging with this phone. i stopped using it when i read what was going on. my phone was getting over 120 degrees when fast charging. now i leave it on regular charge cause really i dont need it charged up that fast. but the phone call i gave to samsung today. when i said i wanted a refund on my one phone i bought from them, the rep said we'll send you a replacement phone. i said 3 times, no i want a refund. he just kept repeating the same thing over and over again. i said this is bull **** your own site says i can option for a full refund on the phone and you just keep repeating yourself over and over again. told them nevermind ill send an email and find out whats going on. after i sent the email i had a response that they were sorry about how the rep acted and that they would be willing to cure the problem by refunding my money and sending me a replacement phone. i told them ill get back to them tomorrow as after the phone call i had i wanted to reach into the phone and strangle the asshat. this might have been a one time thing happening, but in customer service, 1 time is one time too much.

allen476

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I do but for some reason, none of it came back.

Until this morning.

Everything magically returned after an unexplained, three day absence. It must be Google's way of telling me to take the day off.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Well my replacement device has shipped via ups tracking
Received a text alert with the info it's 2nd day air
3.70 lbs box
A bit latter also received email

Last edited:

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Now that my replacement shipped I might download the update on the old device they have been trying to push on me

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten the run around from my local shop which is an Authorized dealer. finding out they charge me tax on the replacement phone and a restocking fee. Since their an authorized dealer they can make up their own rules (exact words i got from Sprint themselves.) I find this is bad business especially since its a US recall. Just big business messing up and still making the little guys pay up even though they rushed out a product they most likely knew was going to have a problem.

But is it a Corp store? Many are like yours but they're not a Corp store.....

songbaekim

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Well my replacement device has shipped via ups tracking
Received a text alert with the info it's 2nd day air
3.70 lbs box
A bit latter also received email

You ordered through AET? This will be astonishing if so and you actually receive a new replacement in the same color.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
You ordered through AET? This will be astonishing if so and you actually receive a new replacement in the same color.
Yes through AET Sept 14th
90883d8c78ef9c88a71919616855fb59.jpg

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Ok..hope this is in the right area.
Any info is appreciated.

Had the first N7. Called AET to get my replacements. While waiting, I swapped them out at a Corp store (I have 2). I told the rep I ordered from the AET team and he said that it was taken care of. When I got home, I called Sprint and told them I had just swapped the phones out and that I need them NOT to send me any phones out. Again, I was told not to worry, it was taken care of. This was 2 weeks ago. This morning we woke up to text messages saying the phones were shipped with UPS shipping numbers. Now the wife is freaking out because she knows they are going to try to charge us for these 2 new phones.

Has anyone else gone or is going through this wreak of a recall?

Last edited:

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Any info is appreciated.

Had the first N7. Called AET to get my replacements. While waiting, I swapped them out at a Corp store (I have 2). I told the rep I ordered from the AET team and he said that it was taken care of. When I got home, I called Sprint and told them I had just swapped the phones out and that I need them NOT to send me any phones out. This was 2 weeks ago. This morning we woke up to text messages saying the phones were shipped with UPS shipping numbers. Now thewife is freaking out because she knows they are going to try to charge us for these 2 new phones.

I would call ups and refuse the shipment, when call sprint back!

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Any info is appreciated.

Had the first N7. Called AET to get my replacements. While waiting, I swapped them out at a Corp store (I have 2). I told the rep I ordered from the AET team and he said that it was taken care of. When I got home, I called Sprint and told them I had just swapped the phones out and that I need them NOT to send me any phones out. Again, I was told not to worry, it was taken care of. This was 2 weeks ago. This morning we woke up to text messages saying the phones were shipped with UPS shipping numbers. Now the wife is freaking out because she knows they are going to try to charge us for these 2 new phones.

Easy refuse the package it goes back to them and no extra work on your part.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
For those of you with AET and the return envelope are you planing on including the S-Pen in the return? Don't want to get billed for any thing but wouldn't mind a extra pen?

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
For those of you with AET and the return envelope are you planing on including the S-Pen in the return? Don't want to get billed for any thing but wouldn't mind a extra pen?

When I finally get my AET phone, they will only get my phone with cracked rear glass back. No S-pen.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks.

Thread Opened Again.

To piggy-back off what Sydney said above -- let's keep it on topic. Discussions, debates, etc. are allowed within the forum but take it to a personal note isn't needed. If you see a problem post just report it versus attacking back. Thanks!

Last edited:

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
When I finally get my AET phone, they will only get my phone with cracked rear glass back. No S-pen.

Various people from different carriers are reporting various requirements. Personally when I EVENTUALLY get this phone sent back (Sprint is all over the place) no S-Pen for them.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
So the drama continues my new note is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, however Sprint got my address wrong never mind that I have lived at the same place for 24 years and my original web order shipped fine(14year coustomer) , apparently the person that took the replacement order got my address incorrect.
So just spent 49min on the phone with sprint ups would not allow me to update, so Sprint is supposed to update and call me back , we'll not 100% on that working out but we'll see.
The guy did comment that web exchange has increased and with a month's wait because the stores are creating issues with exchanges now I do believe that.
So hopefully I'm lucky and they get my address corrected today for delivery tomorrow

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
So the drama continues my new note is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, however Sprint got my address wrong never mind that I have lived at the same place for 24 years and my original web order shipped fine(14year coustomer) , apparently the person that took the replacement order got my address incorrect.
So just spent 49min on the phone with sprint ups would not allow me to update, so Sprint is supposed to update and call me back , we'll not 100% on that working out but we'll see.
The guy did comment that web exchange has increased and with a month's wait because the stores are creating issues with exchanges now I do believe that.
So hopefully I'm lucky and they get my address corrected today for delivery tomorrow

Lol you got to be kidding? At this point I can't even be mad anymore. This is literally a sitcom and we all have front row seats at $900 a pop. If I wasn't still using my original N7, I would more than likely be in angry man mode. I really feel for those who have to settle for a replacement in the interim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1