Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So I got my replacement yesterday! It was sitting at my front door about 4:30. It seems they are being shipped and the notifications are coming days later. I swapped out the phones, pain in the butt this time around. I took one members advice and submitted for the Gear VR using the packing slip and it went through waiting for approval. Just like he said when it asks for phone choose other...I kept all the accessories including S pen because according to the instructions they just want the phone!

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
So a bit of confusion, I Summited for a second memory card with the new phone and got approved a day latter, however when I followed the link it gave me fedx tracking as delivered with my old IMEI number, so I said OK didn't work, so now I get a email saying approved and when I go back to that same link on a old email it says approved waiting shipping with my new IMEI, so I guess it just took time for Samsung to catch up, it did say up to a 12 week wait for shipping but ha no problem if I'm approved.
Also collected a second gift card on SP $20 ist $10 2nd also have 2 Dunkin Donut cards for $5 each & the best 2 $25 credits from Sprint on my account.
So this is adding up not to mention all the accessories from 2 phones.
And the new N7 is working great.
So I'll take the inconvenience for all the bennys that came with it!

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I used a different email address when I submitted this time because I remembered that you used your email address to check the status and that it might pull up the previous gift. Sounds like it was a good idea.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sprint offering replacements

Looks like T-Mobile stated they would take it back under buyers remorse as well. To bad there is nothing on the market that rivals the Note 7.

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Today they automatically applied the $25 dollar credit to my phone bill, sweet!! Oh and I did use a different email for my second submission for the VR Head set from the replacement phone. It says its under review at this time, fingers crossed.....

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Same email for promo didn't realize earlier the page scrolled down past and present approvals same page
2ef08ea454c6d5a885e0ff768d6355d9.jpg

dseiden

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site

I took mine back to T-Mobile but the system was so messed up with returns that the manager just noted it and said they would take it back next week.

Seems like most carriers should take them back if customers are concerned about the device. I really love the device but it is just not worth the hassle when traveling.

IncredibleJedi

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site

That's funny, Verizon declined to comment. What's the chances of Verizon doing this on their own.... Just about zero chance.

Verizon officially doing what Sprint is doing here? Not sure. But it would depend on the store/manager before official word comes down in how to address this.

My local Verizon corporate store's general manager had offered me a free exchange, no strings attached, before the voluntary and official recall with the first batch of N7s. And he had offered to switch my phone for a new N7 when the next batch arrived (9/21). He seemed genuinely concerned for customer safety. I decided to wait until the recall was official though, before doing an temporary exchange.

I guess it will depend from Verizon to Verizon. Chances are we'll know something sooner than later this time since the CPSC is involved from the start this go around. Until then, this case is what it is: An isolated sitiation. We'll know if we have to take any action soon enough.

Update 10/7: Verizon did extend their return policy for this phone from 14 days to 45 days. Spoke to a rep on the phone and she stated that while it was extended to 45 days, Verizon corporate stores have been pretty helpful if wanting to do an exchange to another phone. She did mention that many folks wanted to exchange their N7 for another N7, but since most stores no inventory, if any, most can't be accommodated at the present time.

Last edited:

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
So I had to take the Spen from my original Note and put it in the replacement Note because the one that came with the replacement Note wasn't staying "snug". Not to mention that the new one seems to be lagging....
🙄

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Looks like T-Mobile stated they would take it back under buyers remorse as well. To bad there is nothing on the market that rivals the Note 7.
I didn't even Check The T-Mobile site yet I just saw The news about Sprint . I'm interested in hearing what samsung has to say about this potential disaster

yankees2287

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
finally my ordeal is over! i walked into my local corporate store to exchange for a galaxy s7 edge. the lady then tells me i think we have notes instock. she comes back and they only had the black one (i had the blue) but i was able to make the exchange. has the green icon and i checked the imei number which checked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae