Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dseiden

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Re: Sprint offering replacements

For T-Mobile it only applies for buyers remorse period which is 14 days.

store managers can override the 14 day thing if you find one willing to work with you. The store I went to said they would take back no matter the time as those that picked up the replacement phones when they came in are already past the 14 days.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

store managers can override the 14 day thing if you find one willing to work with you. The store I went to said they would take back no matter the time as those that picked up the replacement phones when they came in are already past the 14 days.
I know they can but someone shouldn't have to search for a manager willing to do it. As a company either do it or don't.

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site

I realize it's way to early but I did stop by two AT&T stores today. The first one said they had a notice that they were only swapping out Note 7 for another Samsung phone...no other type of phone. Second store was not aware of any news that replacement Note 7's could be swapped out.

I know it's too early and I haven't even seen anything official on AT&T's website...just sharing my experience.

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

One phone out of millions shouldn't be a big deal. People act like no phone had these problems before the note 7. So far the replacements have .00000000000001% chance of catching fire. Not giving up my note 7

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I used my replacement N7 to get approved for the VR headset using the packing slip! It worked yes. 2 promo gifts!!! At least we can get something out of this if the replacements are recalled...

Rustler5150

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I just got an email and text notification saying my UPS package from Sprint was delivered. I guess I'll be setting up my new N7 this weekend and hoping for the best. I ordered it through AET on the 21st of September.

Rustler5150

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Lol! You sound like me. I wasn't gonna return this splodey phone but I dropped it while chasing someone and it skittered all the way across the street. The bottom right corner has a small crack where something protruding from the road struck the glass. Omw home from work now and UPS just notified me that the phone has been delievered.

Gonna hurry up and transfer everything so I can put the replacement through a 2 day stress test before I return this one. 🙄
So what's your opinion of the replacement so far? Mine is still sitting in the unopened box i got today from UPS. 😂😂

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just finished setting my replacement up. So far it appears to be just as good as the first one. Damn, I love this phone. Sure hope they don't have to recall them for good.

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I haven't even opened my ups box yet. Ups comes here at like 7pm so ya didn't get to touch it yesterday. I'll work on it today at some point.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah we have 15 days might as well milk it as long as i can heck they did in getting it to me so might as well play there game while waiting to see what they do with the phone.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
if they let me I might switch to the LG V20 and use that till the note 8 or something, I love the note7 but dont really want to take the chance

March1

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I bought my Note 7 at a Sprint store in Manhattan and returned the first one like most for a safe one.

With news of the fire(s) with the safe replacement units spreading and the widely linked to Recode article, which stated that all carriers including Sprint were allowing returns of all N7s, even replacement units, I jumped to get myself out of this mess despite really liking the N7.

Long story short, the sprint store where I bought by two units from said sorry, we are not replacing 2nd replacement units and we know nothing about that. After 1.5 hours of shenanigans, I left frustrated.

I called Sprint for a 3rd time and finally got through to someone at customer support who has tonight sent me an RMA kit and I will be getting my full upgrade eligibility back once my phone is back at their warehouse. I will use my Note 5 for the time being.

My plan right now is to get an iphone 7 plus 256gb. I MAY take a closer look at the pixel.

I am a google guy and not an apple guy whatsoever and have used Samsung Android phones forever but I think the iphone 7 is the 2nd best phone on the market and the change might be nice for the year. My wife has one and it's pretty nice.

Good luck.

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I set up my new note 7 yesterday. Spent 4 hours on it getting everything perfect. It runs better than my old one for sure. No hitching or lag and i love it. Then after I'm all done i start surfing here and a few other places and I see more replacement note 7's on fire. Wtf. I'm not changing again. Not to mention too what? Pixel xl is ok but not for that price. S7edge is ok too but not as nice as the note 7. Or maybe iphone 7 plus? Nice phone but I'm not a Apple guy. Beside the fact that the note 7 is superior in every dam way. Ugh, this sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy