Sprint Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxiosENT

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
got my refund and went to pick up a iphone7plus at sams since they were offering a $100 gift card... gonna stick it out and see what comes with the note 8/pro 8

it did take me 2 trips to complete but i did end up schooling the manager and got my refunds on both lines.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sprint offering replacements

The Sprint store won't exchange mine because I'm on a contract plan. I'm sitting in the parking lot trying to get through to Sprint on the phone.

Edit: Been on hold forever. Reps put me on hold then I was cut off twice. Back to the beginning of the queue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalious

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
For those of you with a Note 7 BOGO deal (AT&T)

Don't quote me on this, and a lot of you may already know this, just thought I would share. I just confirmed with AT&T that they will still honor the BOGO deal with any 2 phones I choose to switch to. Finally some decent news. I am so sad to let this phone go, I will never forget you Note 7 ... Best phone ... Ever.

Kalious

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
AT&T rep told me "No more Note 7s, EVER" 😠

I just spoke with an AT&T rep, and she told me because of all of the trouble with the note 7s, they will never sell it again. This was like a punch in the gut. I really don't want to see it go, was fun while it lasted.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: AT&T rep told me "No more Note 7s, EVER" 😠

I just spoke with an AT&T rep, and she told me because of all of the trouble with the note 7s, they will never sell it again. This was like a punch in the gut. I really don't want to see it go, was fun while it lasted.

Samsung discontinued the note 7

Kalious

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site

Does it say that on their site though? I thought it just said they are continuing their ongoing investigation.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Verizon says the same... I bet it will become available again in other countries, but no u.s. carriers will touch it with a 50' pole...

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

The Sprint store won't exchange mine because I'm on a contract plan. I'm sitting in the parking lot trying to get through to Sprint on the phone.

Edit: Been on hold forever. Reps put me on hold then I was cut off twice. Back to the beginning of the queue.
That's my biggest concern, I used an upgrade to get this phone and without authorization how can I return it?

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site

That's my biggest concern, I used an upgrade to get this phone and without authorization how can I return it?

Well, I still have not spoken with someone who can help. The first tier support has agreed to call me when they have the next level in the line. This last try took an hour of being on hold.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm most irritated that I used an upgrade for this phone and passed on my n5 to my son. I would be willing to wait for n8 if I can purchase it at upgrade price (I'm not going to lease a phone) - I wonder if this will be considered a special case and let us have a lot of leeway in this instance? I hate how this looks for Samsung, I also heard that the s8 may be pushed out sooner than originally planned. Thoughts?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm pretty sure they aren't going to have a choice, soon.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

The plan is a complete purge by end of year. By then they might figure out the problem.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: For those of you with a Note 7 BOGO deal (AT&T)

I guess it all depend on who you talk to...... Until its in writing, I know folks will get varied results. But thanks for the info, gives me something to hit them up with.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Need advice: going from BB to AT&T

I had 2 lines. Walked out of best buy with 3 lines on the BoGO deal Note 7 release. I want to trade in my N7s to best buy and then deal with AT&T. I traded in one phone for a N7, I paid an upgrade fee for another N7 and added new line on that Note 7. New line number went to my old note 5 which I gave to my son. Will I lose the new number if I return the note 7 and go to AT&T to add a phone there ? Basically I put the new line on an old phone. Does it matter?

Any other slick advice on how to return 2 note 7s to best buy. Should I pay them off, then say thanks now I want my refund for the Note 7s? .

I just don't want to deal with BB Anymore, most of the employees are morons.

I also want on the v20 Pre-order thru att and I want to keep the new number I got on note 7 release , I don't want to screw the kid over with another new number, he is disabled and a new number would confuse the hell out of him.

I am getting confused writing this so I hope I makes sense.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Need advice: going from BB to AT&T

You will not lose the 3rd line no matter what you do with the n7 devices. The rest made my head hurt.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site

After many hours, here is the best option I was given. Return my Note to the store for a refund. My contact will be cancelled, making me eligible for an upgrade. Order a Edge online.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site

After many hours, here is the best option I was given. Return my Note to the store for a refund. My contact will be cancelled, making me eligible for an upgrade. Order a Edge online.
I'm thinking of the Pixel.

Status
Not open for further replies.