Status
Not open for further replies.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Need advice: going from BB to AT&T

Ok

You created a new line to get the bogo.
You had a N5 free now, so you put it on the new 3rd line.
In this special situation, you could get out of the 3rd line without penalty, but you want to keep it, and you can.

He continues to use the N5, and you now have 2 lines that are eligible for an upgrade.
The only drawback is you are now going to be paying for each phone since you aren't on a bogo.

eddy4444

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
What happens to my Sprint contract end date when I exchange the note 7?

Ever since Sprint got rid of the 20 month cycle and replaced it with the 24 minimum, I've had to be very careful with watching the contract end dates.

Since the note 4 came out in October 2014, I had to jump through a ton of hoops in order to pre-order the note 7 in august before my contract end date (about 10 hours in phone calls) , 9 of them on hold.

At the moment I can get my next upgrade 22 months from now in august 2018. Does anyone know if i exchange my note 7 if it will reset my next upgrade to October 2018?

Taking that a step further, I am also considering on borrowing an old phone for 5 months and upgrading to the S8 when it comes out. Any ideas on if can pull off not pushing my upgrade cycle then?

I would ask Sprint, but I hate calling them and they are clueless. Half the time their CSRs are not even aware that they still have contracts.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: What happens to my Sprint contract end date when I exchange the note 7?

Ever since Sprint got rid of the 20 month cycle and replaced it with the 24 minimum, I've had to be very careful with watching the contract end dates.

Since the note 4 came out in October 2014, I had to jump through a ton of hoops in order to pre-order the note 7 in august before my contract end date (about 10 hours in phone calls) , 9 of them on hold.

At the moment I can get my next upgrade 22 months from now in august 2018. Does anyone know if i exchange my note 7 if it will reset my next upgrade to October 2018?

Taking that a step further, I am also considering on borrowing an old phone for 5 months and upgrading to the S8 when it comes out. Any ideas on if can pull off not pushing my upgrade cycle then?

I would ask Sprint, but I hate calling them and they are clueless. Half the time their CSRs are not even aware that they still have contracts.

By no means should your contract be reset from exchanging your NOTE 7 for another device, Your contract should remain the same as when you initially got your Note 7. This is a recall. If for any reason Spring TRIES to make you resign, which I doubt they will, but if they do, let them know you will be contacting the FCC. And they had better get a manager to speak with you about their policy

daveolej

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I tried to exchange my N7 for a S7E yesterday. I went to the Milford OH store first. Store #251498. I got to the store 15 minutes before closing. The store manager Matt saw that I was trying to exchange a Note 7 and proceeded to tell me that they are out of the S7E. When I looked online, I could take a S7E to checkout and pick up in that store. I asked him to check if the Eastgate store has any and he said he cannot check but he can give me a phone number to call. Seriously lacking customer service. As soon as i walked out the door, the door was locked. I then went to the Eastgate store #217104. One of the reps saw my N7 box and came out asking me if I want to “upgrade”. I told him this would be a downgrade, not an upgrade. They did have a S7E in stock so he proceeded with the exchange. His system crashed so he had to call support. I asked the rep if this will be done today, he said yes. I then proceeded to erase my phone. Two minutes later, he asked me where I bought it. I bought it at the Rookwood store #2093. After 45 minutes of waiting he told me I have to return the phone to that store. This is ridiculous. Is Sprint not Sprint anymore? Every other carrier lets you return to any of their stores but Sprint.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Oops, what? Didn't know that!

You have to buy it at full price and have it activated on Sprint through some process I don't really know about.

I tried to exchange my N7 for a S7E yesterday. I went to the Milford OH store first. Store #251498. I got to the store 15 minutes before closing. The store manager Matt saw that I was trying to exchange a Note 7 and proceeded to tell me that they are out of the S7E. When I looked online, I could take a S7E to checkout and pick up in that store. I asked him to check if the Eastgate store has any and he said he cannot check but he can give me a phone number to call. Seriously lacking customer service. As soon as i walked out the door, the door was locked. I then went to the Eastgate store #217104. One of the reps saw my N7 box and came out asking me if I want to “upgrade”. I told him this would be a downgrade, not an upgrade. They did have a S7E in stock so he proceeded with the exchange. His system crashed so he had to call support. I asked the rep if this will be done today, he said yes. I then proceeded to erase my phone. Two minutes later, he asked me where I bought it. I bought it at the Rookwood store #2093. After 45 minutes of waiting he told me I have to return the phone to that store. This is ridiculous. Is Sprint not Sprint anymore? Every other carrier lets you return to any of their stores but Sprint.

I asked the CS rep that exact question on the phone yesterday. I understand they probably have a very complex organization. But it should not be the customer who has to navigate it. They should just do whatever their company policy is for the customer where every the customer makes contact and then work through the system internally.

daveolej

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Yea,

Their website also says "regardless of where you purchased it" The 2 stores I went to last night told me I have to bring it back to the store I got it from. What if I got the Note 5 states away? Would Sprint make me fly there to return it?

shaimere

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
0e7b03754f229dba37ec431a05031748.jpg

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Another 2 hours on the phone. This is where I'm at. I return the phone to a store. Then someone (me? the store?) calls to get the contract reset. Then I go online and order a new phone with in-store pickup. Then I return to the store and get my new phone.

Why in the bleep should I have to be the one to do all the work? I've literally put in more than 5 hours to figure out how I can do unpaid work for Sprint so a phone can be exchanged.

daveolej

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Another 2 hours on the phone. This is where I'm at. I return the phone to a store. Then someone (me? the store?) calls to get the contract reset. Then I go online and order a new phone with in-store pickup. Then I return to the store and get my new phone.

Why in the bleep should I have to be the one to do all the work? I've literally put in more than 5 hours to figure out how I can do unpaid work for Sprint so a phone can be exchanged.

Email marci@sprint.com and explain your situation. I did and had a call from the executive escalation team. They called one of the stores I went to yesterday and told them to do my exchange. Heading there after work, we'll see how it goes.

jstunner56

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Just placed an order for the Iphone 7 plus and is expected to be delivered 11/21 or later. Counting down the months until the next Note product. Does anyone know how long Sprint will allow us to hold onto this phone without being charged (Im on a 2 year contract)? I am hoping to continue using this phone until the Iphone comes in because I have no other backup phones.

The phone rep seemed to not have an answer for this but suggested a return phone to store this week. Just wanted to see if anyone else has heard anything on any timetables

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Just placed an order for the Iphone 7 plus and is expected to be delivered 11/21 or later. Counting down the months until the next Note product. Does anyone know how long Sprint will allow us to hold onto this phone without being charged (Im on a 2 year contract)? I am hoping to continue using this phone until the Iphone comes in because I have no other backup phones.

The phone rep seemed to not have an answer for this but suggested a return phone to store this week. Just wanted to see if anyone else has heard anything on any timetables

Did you buy the iPhone on contract? If so, do you still also have a contract with the Note?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae