10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    You could end up with one with dead pixels, notification problems, LTE signal problems, manufacturing blemishes ETC.
    I guess it's just a chance everyone will have to take.

Alan, what does that dog have in his mouth? Looks like an Egg Mcmuffin.
    Yep. Mine is working fine. That is the one thing I worry about I end up getting one that has an issue or scratches or something.
    09-03-2016 06:26 PM
    I have been with Verizon long enough to know that if you ask 3 Verizon reps the same question, you are likely to get 3 different answers. So keep that in mind.

I was told by a Verizon rep that next week they will be getting the IMEIs of the affected devices from Samsung. This doesn't mean that you can't exchange your device if your IMEI is not affected, you can.
    I would not take a chance on which IMEI may or may not have this issue unless they could demonstrate for certain what the root cause of the problem is.
    09-03-2016 06:26 PM
    felloffthetruck;5391742 Alan, what does that dog have in his mouth? Looks like an Egg Mcmuffin.
    A Cheeseburger.

Peace. Alan
    09-03-2016 06:28 PM
    I would not take a chance on which IMEI may or may not have this issue unless they could demonstrate for certain what the root cause of the problem is.
    I'm not taking a chance either and will be exchanging mines but it would be nice to know if I've been a suicide bomber for a little over two weeks..
    09-03-2016 06:31 PM
    Yep. Mine is working fine. That is the one thing I worry about I end up getting one that has an issue or scratches or something.
    You exchange it.
    09-03-2016 06:34 PM
    I have been with Verizon long enough to know that if you ask 3 Verizon reps the same question, you are likely to get 3 different answers. So keep that in mind.

I was told by a Verizon rep that next week they will be getting the IMEIs of the affected devices from Samsung. This doesn't mean that you can't exchange your device if your IMEI is not affected, you can.
    I call this BS. Samsung will not do a FULL recall if this was the case. This is just silly.
    09-03-2016 06:38 PM
    No, no no..

Samsung says no.

If Samsung could identify the phones a full recall wouldn't happen.
    09-03-2016 06:41 PM
    If Samsung could identify the phones a full recall wouldn't happen.
    Samsung can definitely identify the phones. If what the Verizon rep said is true, they are doing this in case the government steps in.
    09-03-2016 06:45 PM
    A Cheeseburger.

Peace. Alan
    Alan,

I think he'd prefer an Egg McMuffin.

Haha.
    09-03-2016 06:46 PM
    Samsung can definitely identify the phones. If what the Verizon rep said is true, they are doing this in case the government steps in.
    I believe Samsung over the Verizon rep.

Samsung did not make this decision lightly.

Being able to identify or not is not what stops the government from stepping in.

The government steps in recalls all the time when they can identify the actual individual item.
    09-03-2016 06:49 PM
    Samsung smart switch should completely copy design as i recall.
    Almost all phone lag I've seen people talk about leads directly back to Samsung Switch. I IMHO, start fresh.
    09-03-2016 06:49 PM
    This is a voluntary recall, that is why the government isn't involved right now. The South Korean government is trying to get involved right now. I have been keeping up with it on South Korean news.

The ONLY identification Samsung is making is phones released in China on 9/2.
    09-03-2016 06:50 PM
    I'm not taking a chance either and will be exchanging mines but it would be nice to know if I've been a suicide bomber for a little over two weeks..
    True. I was very aware of my phone today maxing the use and keeping the charging going, and being out in public. It got hot, but I tried to keep that in perspective. Didn't make me feel a lot better though. I'd like to get my hands on the IMEI list of affected devices, IF it in fact exists.
    09-03-2016 06:55 PM
    That's what I did. I will miss out on the $25 bill credit that people who exchange will get but my Gear Fit 2 is on the way and I got my $20 Samsung Pay reward too, which I feel is deserved due to the inconvenience of this all.

I will wait for another promo and upgrade then. I suspect that there will be promos in the future after all of this bad publicity. I didn't sell my Note5 so I went back to using that.
    09-03-2016 06:55 PM
    I went to Verizon and pre-ordered the phone there . When the phone was shipped to my house the cost of the phone went on the credit card my Verizon store had. As soon as it came i brought it right in to them and they activated it for me. Very easy, very fast. The only thing wrong with any of the phones is the battery. They're sending only new ones. They couldn't send a used ones. Not in a million yrs.
    09-03-2016 07:08 PM

When you say that you talked to a Verizon rep, did you just dial 611 from your phone and talk to the first person that answered? If yes then I wouldn't put much credence in it.I have had Verizon reps tell me even information directly contradicting their written customer agreement, and insisting that they were right.

So, if you really want to know, contact George Koroneos, the Verizon rep who put up the notice. I have already contacted him and he responded quickly... Although this is the weekend so not sure how fast his response will be.

http://www.verizon.com/about/news/me...start-tomorrow
    09-03-2016 07:20 PM
    Folks.. I feel like I have to post this about once every 2 hours, but if you are looking for a Note for Note swap, please just WAIT. Don't go into a Verizon store today or tomorrow. Don't call Verizon today or tomorrow asking about a Note for Note swap.

It takes a long time for all the channels to get correct info about things they are familiar with sometimes, never mind things that are brand new. At this early stage, you are very likely to get incomplete, conflicting, or incorrect info - from Verizon and Samsung too. Just wait until new Note 7's are in stock to ask, or at least wait a week or just a few days for info to disseminate from the top down in Verizon and Samsung.

Every single one of these "I called Verizon and they said <x>" posts needs to be taken with a grain of salt for now folks. It's not their fault. It takes time, and this is a first: an unprecedented event in smartphones for the most part. I know it's hard, but just enjoy your phone and just W A I T :-).
    09-03-2016 07:43 PM
    I spoke with the manager at the Verizon store i deal with. Spoke to him late this aft , he had just heard about receiving the new notes as early as this coming wk or next . I'm hoping hes right Very frustrating.
    09-03-2016 07:53 PM
    My only thing is that it's not my fault the phone is recalled, I could live with the cracked screen til asuron has the new note 7 in stock. We shall see
    They might not even notice
    09-03-2016 07:58 PM
    I did. Again, I am just voicing my opinion. If Android Central wants people to stop talking about the recall and instruct everyone to return their phones, they should shut this forum down for a few months.
    100% up to you what you choose to do. We have a recommendation that I believe is the right course for most people, but not gonna force anyone to do anything even if we could. That said, we are not too pleased currently with SOME of the people telling others that they should not do the exchange.
    09-03-2016 08:04 PM
    100% up to you what you choose to do. We have a recommendation that I believe is the right course for most people, but not gonna force anyone to do anything even if we could. That said, we are not too pleased currently with SOME of the people telling others that they should not do the exchange.
    I'm not telling anyone what they should or should not do, I'm simply saying not everything is set in stone. Things can change or develop.
    09-03-2016 08:07 PM
    I'm not telling anyone what they should or should not do, I'm simply saying not everything is set in stone. Things can change or develop.
    Sorry if that came off as if I were saying that you were implying or saying that. That's a general statement; what you're doing trying to figure out what you're personally going to do is totally up to you.

I meant it as "you're fine, do whatever you want" long pause "not a fan of people trying to convince others to take risks".
    09-03-2016 08:13 PM
    The other thing I'm a little concerned about is getting Samsung Pay transferred. I have heard that's nothing less than a giant hassle.
    09-03-2016 08:21 PM
    The other thing I'm a little concerned about is getting Samsung Pay transferred. I have heard that's nothing less than a giant hassle.
    You mean the free $20 gift card? If so, just use it. I'm sure you can use it for some groceries or something that you were going to buy anyway. For your other cards just add them back to the new phone. No hassles there.
    09-03-2016 08:24 PM
    I call this BS. Samsung will not do a FULL recall if this was the case. This is just silly.
    Its also silly and a waste of tons of money replace charging cables, bricks and earbuds .
    09-03-2016 08:54 PM
3,177 ... 89101112 ...