10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 100101102103104 ...
tools
    Just came back from Emeryville Verizon store. Arrived at the door 10 minutes before opening. Ran in, started to do the exchange and was notified that they only had 5 units and 5 units all black! Oh boy, I am lucky. As the rep was doing the paperwork, about 4-5 calls came in to inquire and several guys came in with phones at hand. When I finally finished, they told everyone on the phone that all the stocks had gone but more would come.

Lesson learned today: have to plan early and act early otherwise you'll have to wait in line.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-21-2016 03:50 PM
    They're now trying to tell me after my 1 hour commute that they can't give me a replacement without the original charger. After I was told multiple times I didn't need to return any accessories.
    If you're still there have him cal VZW support with you on the line YOU do the talking and YOU ask them and tell them what you've heard all over this thread that we get to keep the accessories.

Peace. Alan
    SS Galaxy Note 7 [MM 6.1]
    ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 2, 14926.1000.]
    09-21-2016 03:58 PM
    If you have a tracking number that means it's been pulled from a whse shelf, boxed up, entered in the VZW shipping computer to print the label, labelled and sittin' on a pallet waitin' on a UPS truck to pick it up.
    I went to bed last night and tracking showed UPS hadn't even picked it up yet. Got up this a.m. and it was "Out For Delivery"
    And don't use VZW's tracking - paste the number in at the UPS site.

Tomorrow man.

Peace. Alan
    I received the tracking number this morning at 8:50 am, now at 5:00 pm it still shows as "Tracking information is not yet available. Please try again later" on the UPS site.
    09-21-2016 03:58 PM
    Well I'M OUTTA HERE!!! UPS just dropped off my new Note7 that I set up the exchange for by PHONE YESTERDAY afternoon. Free OverNight UPS.
    I've made a LOT of friends here and I hope to see y'all back on the regular VZW thread AND on the Note 7 Owners Club Thread where its BYOB

Peace. Alan
    09-21-2016 04:05 PM
    I received the tracking number this morning at 8:50 am, now at 5:00 pm it still shows as "Tracking information is not yet available. Please try again later" on the UPS site.
    What's your order status at MyVerizon.com? NOT the tracking, the order status. It'll be listed right at the top of your home page.

Peace. Alan
    09-21-2016 04:07 PM
    Yes I was at that store! Wow what a small world lol. I was quite frustrated but in retrospect it's done and life rolls on. Yes I had called to reserve the day before. Pretty funny that we were there at same time. Was that you playing the music?
    Oh HECK NO that wasn't me playing the music (I'm a girl...that was an obnoxious dark-headed dude). That is crazy...small world. I'm mostly, finally set up. I'm sure I'll get annoyed trying to open an app here and there that I forgot to log back into, and I haven't put my theme back in place yet because I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with what I had. My poor phone has been getting hammered this afternoon.
    Shamshi-Adad and AdamHLG like this.
    09-21-2016 04:33 PM
    Just spent an hour of total aggrevation. Wanted to replace my wife's perfectly working Note 7 using the same online service when we purchased.
    First rep said the only way to exchange was at the corporate store.
    After useless arguing, I got very nice rep 2 that said she would be happy to assist in the online exchange.
    20 minutes of more arguing over paying the $77 dollar tax before they could ship. Once the old phone was received, the tax would be returned through an account credit.
    New phone arriving on Friday and I was instructed to only return the device in the enclosed prepaid envelope.
    Verizon always finds a way to make it painful.
    09-21-2016 04:34 PM
    OK. We gone... We bye-bye!

Peace. Alan
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    09-21-2016 05:00 PM
    Yeah they told me the same crap .. need to give them the charger and they'll give me new one.. I'm like no. Not going to come back. Charger is not the issue. Don't waste my time
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    09-21-2016 05:31 PM
    All the hassles exchanging to fixed note 7
    I believe everyone saw this is coming from the beginning.
    Samsung tossed us to Verizon, Verizon tossed us to Samsung.
    Samsung said this, Verizon had no idea.
    Some said this, some said that. Different stories from different stores.
    That was why I just returned note 7 for refund.
    And funny thing is Verizon is selling them online with no wait period.
    09-21-2016 05:48 PM
    Well guess it's back to finding a solid tempered glass screen protector for our fixed note 7's.
    09-21-2016 05:48 PM
    Why is everyone having a problem?

The verizon reps told me exactly what to do. Bring everything with the loaner phone and get my new note 7.

Got it done instantly like everyone else in the store.
    WyDave and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    09-21-2016 05:50 PM
    Well guess it's back to finding a solid tempered glass screen protector for our fixed note 7's.
    Good luck with this. I'm keeping my clear factory protector on for now.
    09-21-2016 05:51 PM
    Why is everyone having a problem?

The verizon reps told me exactly what to do. Bring everything with the loaner phone and get my new note 7.

Got it done instantly like everyone else in the store.
    My problem is finding a store with Note 7s in Stock.
    09-21-2016 06:05 PM
    Ok so an update, I decided to call back my corporate store this afternoon on the off chance that they had gotten in any silver units since this morning when they only had black. They had but not many so the rep was nice enough to pull one for me while he waited for me to get there. I arrived about 20 minutes later and the whole process literally took about 10 minutes. It could not have been more painless. I did have to give back the box and everything in it and in my haste to get to the store I forgot to include the charger so he just put the charger from the new phone in the box with my old one and I still have the original. This all happened around 4 and I've almost got my phone completely back to how the original one was. I've got the green battery and all is going well so far. Don't give up hope if you're having trouble finding stock, they are apparently coming in in dribs and drabs.
    09-21-2016 06:11 PM
    Rep never checked my box. All I returned was the phone, minus the s pen
    09-21-2016 06:14 PM
    Got to my corporate store 30 minutes prior to opening where there were already about 8 people in their cars waiting. Took my spot in front at about 10 minutes to go. Ended up being third in the chute so took a seat and waited. Store quickly filled up. I was called up and made my exchange, Silver Titanium for another. Found it was the last one of that color and and last of the handful of 7s period. Needless to say that when they announced it was sold out a few customers got heated. One in particular yelled that since he's EXCHANGING that there should have been phones available just for those customers. Salesman said that they are sold first come first serve and that's when a few more started grumbling. Some had driven from an hour away, another guy thought he had one put on hold by one of the employees but was told it was given away. I'm just glad I went early and walked out with my Note 7.......(2.0)
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-21-2016 06:17 PM
    I exchanged mine today. I had to go to two different stores. First store sold out. About half of the people were new customers and not replacement. They also received their phones yesterday and they sold most out yesterday.

Both Verizon and that store for me yesterday they did not receive their delivery and the soonest they would be allowed to issue replacements was today. Needless to say I was not a happy camper.

District for the site happened to be there. She held two replacements for me at one of the other sites.

Two hours for me to get switched over. What a horrible experience!

VZW is way unorganized, and do not communicate either accurate or consistent information. It must be nice having the type of monopoly these carriers have.
    09-21-2016 06:31 PM
    I was talking about this last night with my husband. He also said the same thing about hitting up the recall phones. I guess it was easier muck up the new phones.
    They HAD to provide a update for the NEW PHONES.

I say this because we want to show that we have a safe phone.

If the update was for the recalled phones, people that are stuck with them would just NOT allow the update and sell them as "safe phones".

People that are "stuck" with them it seems at this point are the people that bought them off web sites like eBay and the like.

You think your getting a run-around, they are getting it from EVERY direction. EBay, PayPal, seller, carrier, and Samsung are ppomting to others.

And holly heck people!!!!!!! Look at the threads of other carriers and this recall.

Others are saying THE EXACT SAME THING YOU ARE SAYING ABOUT VERIZON.

I can't believe the whole world has turned into a bunch of WHINNEY BABIES!!!

A recall of this magnitude has NEVER happened. Let alone, look at from the time it was reported to the time acted!! And NOT FORCED to act, did it on their OWN!

The release said that there is a limited quantity of this first batch, or am I the only person that read that part of a statement!??

Dang people i get it, it's frustrating. But let's put our big person underwear on and act like adults!!!!

The fix/remedy is here/coming. If y'all are talking to Verizon (or any other carrier) like you are here, no wonder you are finding it so bad. If you develop an attitude, they will too. Is it right? HECK, NO!!!!!! But it's a REALITY!!!!!!!!!!!
    dsignori and Jewels81 like this.
    09-21-2016 06:45 PM
    With the way people are being told varying from don't turn in accessories, to do turn them in, here's a thought........

Turn it ALL IN. It's not like you "lost" any of this stuff. You can read people ARE having issues. And yet you want to male it make more painful by arguing over this $h1t!!???

Come on!!!!!
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-21-2016 06:57 PM
    Back on my Note 7 which shipped yesterday. So good to be back on my N7!
    09-21-2016 07:14 PM
    My problem is finding a store with Note 7s in Stock.
    I'm hearing if u make a big enough stink about it over the phone Verizon will ship one to you.....
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    09-21-2016 07:20 PM
    With the way people are being told varying from don't turn in accessories, to do turn them in, here's a thought........

Turn it ALL IN. It's not like you "lost" any of this stuff. You can read people ARE having issues. And yet you want to male it make more painful by arguing over this $h1t!!???

Come on!!!!!
    maybe not selling note's to new customers while folks who already bought the recalled note are not able to get replacements would be a good idea. maybe taking a few hours to workout a game plan and communicate that to your csr's would be a good idea.
    pauldroidr2d2 and Tisha722 like this.
    09-21-2016 07:24 PM
    I'm hearing if u make a big enough stink about it over the phone Verizon will ship one to you.....
    they will ship the phone, i just had to keep telling them that yes you can ship it.
    09-21-2016 07:26 PM
    I have talked to at least ten different customer service reps. In the beginning they all said something different, and many sounded frustrated. I suspect not knowing was as bad for them as for us.The last one, Naomi, got my replacement ordered, due from Fed Ex tomorrow, and originally offered a 25.00 discount on a screen protector, but I wasn't sure since so many of them don't work, and it wasn't in stock anyway. She said she'd call back and I wasn't sure if I should believe her but she called me today and said it was back in stock and did I want it and I said no, is it possible to get that as a bill credit, I know from the online forums that some people have gotten that. She said yes, and ten minutes after we hung up, I got a text from Verizon of a credit applied to my account. I try to remember, and it isn't always easy, that customer service is a hard job. I actually did it for some years in another field (office manager for a housecleaning company) and it goes so much better if both of you can remember that another human being is on the other end of the line, and that they may have gotten instructions or orders from higher up. When I forget that and am angry with the reps, I never get anywhere. Not always easy, as the customer to remember that, but it does help to try. That said, I mean it only for the customer service people on the 1-800 number. The guys in the stores are awful.
    09-21-2016 07:29 PM
3,177 ... 100101102103104 ...