10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 106107108109110 ...
tools
    i was charged tax today when I went to a VZW store to order my replacement. Was very surprised.
    a lot of us have, they are processing these as a return and a new purchase. when they should be doing it as a swap or exchange.

did you turn in your old note when you placed the order?
    09-22-2016 07:49 PM
    Y'all should just move to Montana, land of no sales tax.
    09-22-2016 08:41 PM
    I will see all you guys later and the best of luck to you all. I'm currently on my new N7, and my box only had one sticker, it's a black variant device. It was a smooth process, I was as nice as possible and my store has workers who were really knowledgeable about the whole situation and what was needed and not needed for the exchange.
    09-22-2016 08:51 PM
    Received my new replacement this morning at 9:30 from FedEx. I'm thinking about keeping the spen, and chargeršŸ¤” I'm definitely not turning in the headphones. Anyone else had a problem with keeping any of the accessories? I now feel comfortable to charge my phone in bed lol. At least this one won't possibly catch fire or blow up.
    I exchanged my old note 7 and was told they did not even want the box. I was told to keep ALL accessories, the pen, battery earbuds. They produced a brand new one for me with all the accessories in box. So now I have 2 boxes, and 2 sets of accessories. Keep them all.
    BxChick likes this.
    09-22-2016 09:01 PM
    I'm guessing that means they went in and replaced the battery of a device already manufactured.
    I have double stickers. One placed over the original.
    09-22-2016 09:02 PM
    So I went yesterday and they saw my box and hand and took care of me quickly. Inside the box I had ear plugs only. Apparently Vz or Samsung is in short supply of chargers cause those evil savages took the new one out of the box and kept it. Alot of places let you keep all. They kept the most important thing. I had left mine at work
    Most likely for himself because they are not supposed to take them back. I'd go kick his a$$ and take it back.
    09-22-2016 09:08 PM
    What you guys use to transfer everything including settings to new note7?
    09-22-2016 09:57 PM
    1. Hold the phone to your ear for 2 hours
    2. If nothing happens, try again but hold to the ear for 5 hours.
    3. If you completely never have another thought then you are dead and so is the phone.
    09-22-2016 10:47 PM
    Y'all should just move to Montana, land of no sales tax.
    But the natives are restless and it gets mighty cold there.
    09-22-2016 10:49 PM
    I have double stickers. One placed over the original.
    What's your manufacture date?
    09-22-2016 10:50 PM
    I see alot of people getting their Note 7 exchanged. I bought by phone from a premium retailer rather than a corp store. Will I be able to return it to a corp store or do I have to go to the place where I first got the phone?
    09-23-2016 12:57 AM
    I was told you have to go back to the retailer. Corps won't exchange it. I was wondering if someone else has wen through this as well.
    09-23-2016 02:37 AM
    I see alot of people getting their Note 7 exchanged. I bought by phone from a premium retailer rather than a corp store. Will I be able to return it to a corp store or do I have to go to the place where I first got the phone?
    I was told you have to go back to the retailer. Corps won't exchange it. I was wondering if someone else has wen through this as well.
    there are several threads about this, there are ones for target, best buy, sams and costco

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5435825
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5440590
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5439727
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5436457
    09-23-2016 04:16 AM
    What you guys use to transfer everything including settings to new note7?
    Samsung Cloud. If you need to know how to find and access it (since those charmers at Verizon have hidden it) there's a great thread here to do so. It worked like a charm for me and didn't cause any lag.
    09-23-2016 05:17 AM
    I went to a corporate store, with nothing but the phone. Guy said "no worries, we dont need any of that stuff anyway" then he pops the s pen out, and says "here, ya might as well hang onto to this too, it's $50 to replace if ya loose yours" I was quite content with that.
    Well at least we get to keep the accessories lol. I doubt if i ever loose my spen, but you just never know
    09-23-2016 06:00 AM
    Well, this is interesting!

Did any of you who had their replacement shipped to them receive a return shipping label? I did not, just the receipt. Just called VZW and was told, "DO NOT return the phone". The gentleman said right now Verizon is telling all of its customers (guessing he meant just those who had it shipped) to NOT send them back, because they don't know how they're handling it yet. Then went on to say this whole thing is unprecedented. I told him the CS rep put mine thru as a return/repurchase and I was given a new payment plan. He said what they are doing is filing a form on our behalf(s) to refund the previously purchased Note 7's even tho we have not returned them yet! Said the process would take up to 72 hours, but he was filing it for me as we spoke.

He said just hold onto it, and they will be contacting us in the future with instructions on returning them.

LOL, so the ticking time bombs stay in our homes! I remember the manager of the store I tried to get a loaner from (but didn't have what I wanted) telling me they have them "quarantined". Pictured them tossing them into a huge water tank!
    I called and the rep told me to return it to corporate store. The whole reason I went thru the Mail is because the store is an hour away from me.
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    09-23-2016 06:56 AM
    Well it appears my rep did the exchange right, my contract date did not change from August 14th. One less argument I need to have with them.
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    09-23-2016 07:15 AM
    So I went into my corporate store near my work and they ran out of the replacements (rep said about 30 were replaced that day) so they said more was coming in. I was going to wait anyways cause I only had the phone and no box or accessories. Flash forward to yesterday, I called the store near my home and they had a few left. I took my S7E loaner in with all the box and $25 gift accessory case and returned it for my sexy black N7 again. Boy did i miss her! They took it back with no problem and even handed me a $40 case instead of the one I returned. In and out in about half hour. Setting it up and noticed it is a bit zippier but then again I spent time setting it up and it was fresh. I didnt check out the battery life yet but the green icon takes some getting use to for sure.
    09-23-2016 07:20 AM
    They're talking about a Verizon Retail store, not a big box store.
    09-23-2016 08:19 AM
    I have done the same. My VZW Retail store still doesn't have replacements, and I was turned away from the corp store.
    09-23-2016 08:20 AM
    They're talking about a Verizon Retail store, not a big box store.
    Was that for me? Give me an example
    09-23-2016 08:35 AM
    I'm glad I was able to get my phone exchanged. But, overall in my opinion VZW did a horrible job in preparing their stores and systems to accommodate for the change.

From my perspective, this was an opportunity for them show they are not just the same ma/pa bell companies of the 20th century. Unfortunately, that attitude is still all too present.

It is such a shame. I'm still trying to figure out what all my charges were.

Their phone support is incapable of assisting on that either. They said it has to be handled at the point of sale.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    09-23-2016 08:42 AM
    I'm glad I was able to get my phone exchanged. But, overall in my opinion VZW did a horrible job in preparing their stores and systems to accommodate for the change.

From my perspective, this was an opportunity for them show they are not just the same ma/pa bell companies of the 20th century. Unfortunately, that attitude is still all too present.

It is such a shame. I'm still trying to figure out what all my charges were.

Their phone support is incapable of assisting on that either. They said it has to be handled at the point of sale.
    It is not just an opinion, but a very well documented fact, just read through this thread.
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    09-23-2016 08:43 AM
    Was that for me? Give me an example
    Yeah, sorry, clicked the wrong reply button. Verizon has a bunch of retail stores that still use the Verizon logo as its sign, but under it, it says "Authorized Retailer." So looks like a VZW store, acts like a VZW, but isn't really a VZW store. It's a lot of "fun"
    09-23-2016 08:44 AM
    Yeah, sorry, clicked the wrong reply button. Verizon has a bunch of retail stores that still use the Verizon logo as its sign, but under it, it says "Authorized Retailer." So looks like a VZW store, acts like a VZW, but isn't really a VZW store. It's a lot of "fun"
    And if you bought one there, they will not accept the return at one of the corporate stores?
    09-23-2016 08:53 AM
3,177 ... 106107108109110 ...