10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 107108109110111 ...
tools
    new phone just came in, with return label. Now i'm calling CS to switch the phone to the right number.
    I'll ask about shipping it back now. Because i do have a return label. No box.
    Did you get an answer about shipping the old one?
    09-23-2016 08:56 AM
    My replacement is waiting for me at the local UPS depot, there customer window does not open until 1:30
    09-23-2016 08:57 AM
    And if you bought one there, they will not accept the return at one of the corporate stores?
    Yeah, the rep I spoke with in the corporate store even went and checked with the manager, and they said that even though its technically a Verizon store, even with the recall, they couldn't exchange my device. Go figure the one time I use a retail store (since all of the crop stores were sold out at release), this happens.
    09-23-2016 08:57 AM
    Yeah, the rep I spoke with in the corporate store even went and checked with the manager, and they said that even though its technically a Verizon store, even with the recall, they couldn't exchange my device. Go figure the one time I use a retail store (since all of the crop stores were sold out at release), this happens.
    Not sure how much effort you want to put into this, but i would call samsung and Verizon (ask to speak to retentions with verizon). There is no reason the corporate should not do the swap.

Also go on the Verizon facebook page and twitter
    09-23-2016 08:59 AM
    Y'all should just move to Montana, land of no sales tax.
    When I think of Montana, I picture John Snow standing atopThe Wall in his big fur coat, shivering as the snowflakes fall all around.
    09-23-2016 09:00 AM
    Does anyone remember the name of the app to download that shows when our phones were manufactured?
    09-23-2016 09:11 AM
    Not sure how much effort you want to put into this, but i would call samsung and Verizon (ask to speak to retentions with verizon). There is no reason the corporate should not do the swap.

Also go on the Verizon facebook page and twitter
    Unfortunately, I've called and/or chatted with Verizon about 4 times now seeing if I could get a different answer from anyone. Sadly, they all came back with the same response telling me to return to the store I purchased it from. Very odd seeing that their retail stores even show up on their store locator on verizon.com
    09-23-2016 09:13 AM
    Does anyone remember the name of the app to download that shows when our phones were manufactured?
    It is Phone Info

My phone was manufactured on 9-2
    09-23-2016 09:14 AM
    Unfortunately, I've called and/or chatted with Verizon about 4 times now seeing if I could get a different answer from anyone. Sadly, they all came back with the same response telling me to return to the store I purchased it from. Very odd seeing that their retail stores even show up on their store locator on verizon.com
    Well i would get on verizon twitter and Facebook and unleash the dogs of war. that is my plan if they do not refund the sales tax on the replacement phone.

be nice, be nice, be nice until it is time to not be nice anymore.
    dannyb884 and Amele like this.
    09-23-2016 09:17 AM
    When I think of Montana, I picture John Snow standing atopThe Wall in his big fur coat, shivering as the snowflakes fall all around.
    Very true.
    09-23-2016 09:18 AM
    I called and the rep told me to return it to corporate store. The whole reason I went thru the Mail is because the store is an hour away from me.
    Exactly. And I'm also afraid the credits and payment plan cancellation will get screwed up if I return it where I didn't get it. Just happened with returning the loaner. The store didn't have the Note 5 I needed, suggested I call. I did and received it. I never used it because the text telling us the replacement N7's would be avail in a few day came two hours later. Never opened the box, brought it to the store. The manager (who has been great throughout) assured me there was no upgrade fee or restocking fee. Looked at my bill last night and I had both. Managed to get it taken care of thru chat last night (surprisingly, lol). But I've just got no more hours to give to this mess.
    09-23-2016 10:07 AM
    Yeah, it's pretty much like that. Plus, cell service is terrible here in the ice cave... what's that, Ygritte? Again?... anyway, yeah, Montana is a cold and terrible place and you should avoid visiting here at all times. Gotta go... Yes, right, Ygritte... I know nothing, right... a little lower...

Something something, The Horn of Winter...
    Tisha722 likes this.
    09-23-2016 10:27 AM
    I originally purchased the Note 7 at Best Buy and returned it there. Since they had no Note 5 in stock I went to Verizon store off same parking lot and got Note 5 there. Exchanged Note 5 for Note 7 at local Verizon store yesterday with no problems.
    09-23-2016 10:48 AM
    I have double stickers on my box, build date is September 17
    09-23-2016 11:00 AM
    I have double stickers on my box, build date is September 17
    What color did you get?
    09-23-2016 11:23 AM
    What color did you get?
    This time around I have blue coral
    09-23-2016 11:26 AM
    This time around I have blue coral
    At least I'm not the only one with the double stickers.
    09-23-2016 11:27 AM
    At least I'm not the only one with the double stickers.
    No you are not. I wouldn't worry this phone works better than my original in many ways so I don't worry about the double stickers. My first note 7 got extremely hot like hot potato hot when it charged, it dropped calls constantly, and the screen was very unresponsive. I am sure I had a bad phone without checking anything. This one doesn't get hot at all while charging, screen is excellent and so is call quality. To think I almost gave up and bought the iPhone 7 plus. Now off to find a case that I actually like
    09-23-2016 11:45 AM
    Swapped mine on Tuesday. Took 20 minutes longer because I didn't hear my name called the first time.
    09-23-2016 11:57 AM
    Reporting in and checking out of this thread. Got my replacement from my TP store. All good. No cost. Kept the charger and the S Pen. I gave him the headphones because I didn't care. He wanted the box to ship the old one back in and I didn't care about that either. Got my software update and my green battery. Good to go! See you in (thank God) threads about questions, apps and benefits of the Note 7!
    09-23-2016 12:06 PM
    Y'all should just move to Montana, land of no sales tax.
    No way....too damn cold. lol
    09-23-2016 12:42 PM
    No way....too damn cold. lol
    ibcop, what case are you guys using with the Note 7's ?
    09-23-2016 12:44 PM
    ibcop, what case are you guys using with the Note 7's ?
    felloffthetruck and HaVoK_C89 like this.
    09-23-2016 12:52 PM
    It is not just an opinion, but a very well documented fact, just read through this thread.
    It is inexcusable. A company the size of VZW should have put into place steps to handle the situation. They've known for close to a month about the recall.

How anyone could believe these companies have any interest in providing quality service is beyond me.
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    09-23-2016 01:08 PM
    I just walked in to the Verizon store in Freehold Mall and exchanged my S7E to a Blue Note 7. Two weeks ago, I exchanged my black Note 7 for the S7E under the recall program. So, last night, I switched again and no questions asked. No restocking fee or anything and I got my $25 credit on my bill.
    09-23-2016 01:11 PM
3,177 ... 107108109110111 ...