10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 108109110111112 ...
tools
    be nice, be nice, be nice until it is time to not be nice anymore.
    Thanks Dalton. Of course, I thought you'd be bigger
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    09-23-2016 01:11 PM
    AHH!

So I called Verizon today regarding the missing return label and was told I had to return it to my store in order to get refunded for the taxes and stuff.

Call my local store, get on hold 3 times...1st she says to print a label on My Verizon....Then when I explain I was told we can't ship them, she puts me on hold again then says they are trying to figure out what to do because they can't ship the phones...Why did you tell me to then?

Anyway, just finally said just bring it in and they'll do the return on the old phone. I may just do that. I don't want to wait and hold onto the old phone and risk losing that money in taxes or worse, getting charges for the old phone. I just want this over with!!!!!
    09-23-2016 01:16 PM
    Yeah, it's pretty much like that. Plus, cell service is terrible here in the ice cave... what's that, Ygritte? Again?... anyway, yeah, Montana is a cold and terrible place and you should avoid visiting here at all times. Gotta go... Yes, right, Ygritte... I know nothing, right... a little lower...

Something something, The Horn of Winter...
    You know nothing, Jon Snow. Don't talk about Montana that way.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    09-23-2016 01:29 PM
    Thanks Dalton. Of course, I thought you'd be bigger
    I'm showing my age
    09-23-2016 01:51 PM
    AHH!

So I called Verizon today regarding the missing return label and was told I had to return it to my store in order to get refunded for the taxes and stuff.

Call my local store, get on hold 3 times...1st she says to print a label on My Verizon....Then when I explain I was told we can't ship them, she puts me on hold again then says they are trying to figure out what to do because they can't ship the phones...Why did you tell me to then?

Anyway, just finally said just bring it in and they'll do the return on the old phone. I may just do that. I don't want to wait and hold onto the old phone and risk losing that money in taxes or worse, getting charges for the old phone. I just want this over with!!!!!
    Give us a full report on what happens
    09-23-2016 01:56 PM
    Going to local store today to return back to note 7. Hope it goes smooth.
    09-23-2016 03:11 PM
    I see alot of people getting their Note 7 exchanged. I bought by phone from a premium retailer rather than a corp store. Will I be able to return it to a corp store or do I have to go to the place where I first got the phone?
    You have yo go to the store you bought it from. I had this issue and although i was able to take care of ut at the corporate store I did run into problems.
    09-23-2016 04:06 PM
    What you guys use to transfer everything including settings to new note7?
    Google
    09-23-2016 04:06 PM
    I'm glad I was able to get my phone exchanged. But, overall in my opinion VZW did a horrible job in preparing their stores and systems to accommodate for the change.

From my perspective, this was an opportunity for them show they are not just the same ma/pa bell companies of the 20th century. Unfortunately, that attitude is still all too present.

It is such a shame. I'm still trying to figure out what all my charges were.

Their phone support is incapable of assisting on that either. They said it has to be handled at the point of sale.
    I think we all had differing experiences. I had a very good experience at the corporate store but not so much at the "premium" retailer.
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    09-23-2016 04:09 PM
    well like some of the others, i did receive my replacement phone but no shipping label to send the recall phone back.
    09-23-2016 06:18 PM
    well like some of the others, i did receive my replacement phone but no shipping label to send the recall phone back.
    What provider do you use. Bring the recalled phone there and get a receipt.
    09-23-2016 06:21 PM
    I did not receive a return label for my phone either. My spen seemed to stick out a bit more than it did on the other phone. I popped my old spen in and it seemed to fit better. Anybody else have this issue?
    09-23-2016 06:32 PM
    What provider do you use. Bring the recalled phone there and get a receipt.
    i had ordered the original note 7 from verizon online. i will call them and see what they suggest, but yes i most likely will just take time off work to drop it off there.
    09-23-2016 06:33 PM
    Well at least we get to keep the accessories lol. I doubt if i ever loose my spen, but you just never know
    Hello BXChick from a BXGuy.
    09-23-2016 08:05 PM
    Aug 2
    that is the date for your replacement phone?
    09-23-2016 08:18 PM
    that is the date for your replacement phone?
    Yes. My replacement was built August 2.
    09-23-2016 08:27 PM
    If I have to I will just pay the shipping and ship the phone to them. I'll try the corporate store first
    09-23-2016 08:51 PM
    Give us a full report on what happens
    Done!

Just left my local store. At first she said I had to leave the phone there to go in a box in the back full of Notes they can't ship back yet. And when the warehouse gets it and scans it, everything would be processed

I said no. I explained that they shipped me my new phone telling me to ship my old one back for my refund, but now they say I cant and to bring it in the store for my refund. She said they can't and to call them and maybe they can process the refund over the phone since I'm in the store returning in.

Then she gets someone else to help me, tells me to hang up, and tells him to process a refund for me, which suddenly they could do.

Then, with 3 reps staring at a computer trying to figure out what to do, they finally got it done. They said the way my order done was wierd. Which shows the ones who got one shipped got reps to rig the system, lol. Oh well. I have a receipt showing the refund, still no $25 credit, though. But the reps were nice and just seemed as confused and frustrated as we all do over this.
    09-24-2016 12:03 PM
    I traded my bad note in like a good little customer 2 weeks ago for a s7e and love it. told myself I would just stay with the 7e but I can't stay away from this thread, I loved my note. I think I want my note back. Lol
    09-24-2016 12:52 PM
    Just got back from the corp store in Raleigh. I called on the off chance that they may have had some in. They said, yeah, we have plenty. Got there in 15 minutes, checked in, and next thing I know she was asking me if I wanted to stay with the black onyx. I said yes. 20 minutes later I was out the door with my replacement. She went through the old box and took out the stuff from the new box that I had been missing. Was not going to argue the point. Over heard them tell at least 5 people over the phone they had n7s in stock. Spoke to the person working on my phone. She told me that a shipment had come in about 20 minutes before I got there and at the time that she got to me she only had 2 black, 2 blue and 7 silver left over. I had to bring up the 25 dollar acc credit since she wasnt even going to bring that up.

Still overall, pretty painless. Now the fun of setting the phone back up again as smart switch did not bring everyting back the way it was.
    09-24-2016 12:59 PM
    Finally got around to going to our Corp store to trade in the S7E, only to find out they were selling the last one to someone that got there just before I did. They took my number and hopefully they will get more in Monday, but told me it's still first come first serve.
    09-24-2016 03:13 PM
    Well my saga continues. First get a replacement thru the mail, no shipping label. Called, they said I have to take it to corporate store as you can't mail the old one back. Today go to the corporate store, they say all they can do is send it in with the rest of the recalled note 7 phones when they get the go ahead to do so, which they said could be month or longer. Well I didn't feel comfortable walking out and leaving the phone there, they did note the account that I returned it but nothing else no receipt showing I returned it.

So I called 611 yet again to see if that was ok, or if they could refund my purchase price since the account was notated I returned the phone. Well get put on hold. She said the store should be able to do the refund. She came back on and said that they now have special packages that they are mailing the customers that got their phone replaced online, My package is on the way. I said I never received any shipping notifications from Verizon, but she insisted it's being processed.

Anyone else get told they are sending out special boxes to return their recalled note 7. I feel like it's another run around.
    09-24-2016 04:59 PM
    I went to 2 stores today. The first was the store where I bought it (Watauga Tx). They were very friendly but had none in stock. She told me they should have a few within the week. I explained that I'd driven 70 miles and politely and if she could check nearby stores for their availability and if possible I'd like to have blue instead of black. She said no problem. She checked a few places and told me she'd spoken with the Mgr of the store in Southlake, Tx (8 miles away) and that they had plenty. We thanked them kindly and left for the Southlake store. Arrived there, we were helped immediately. He pulled out my nice blue phone and began working on the switch. He offered me twice, after speaking with Mgr in the back about over rides, to get an Asus tablet which I politely declined both times. As he finished the switch, I asked if he needed the box or anything back. He said no, but to watch my bill and be sure I wasn't charged for it later. All in all a very pleasant experience. I looooove the blue phone but now must buy a new cover because the see through with hot pink piping that looked so great on the black does nothing for the blue. Lol. I'm a happy camper and glad to be over the recall nightmare. Oh...incidentally, my box is not double stickered and does have the black square. I'm updating now to get the dreaded green battery. Lol. Peace out. See yall in the other forums.
    09-24-2016 05:57 PM
    So I called 611 yet again to see if that was ok, or if they could refund my purchase price since the account was notated I returned the phone. Well get put on hold. She said the store should be able to do the refund. She came back on and said that they now have special packages that they are mailing the customers that got their phone replaced online, My package is on the way. I said I never received any shipping notifications from Verizon, but she insisted it's being processed.

Anyone else get told they are sending out special boxes to return their recalled note 7. I feel like it's another run around.
    There was an update on the UPS site that said something about special boxes for shipping them back.

https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/ab...5_samsung.html
    The U.S. DOT has approved the return of recalled products using specially permitted DOT-SP 16011 packaging. The returns can only be shipped using UPS® Ground services. Samsung has made arrangements to provide the necessary packaging customers will need, as well as a return label to complete the return.
    09-24-2016 07:10 PM
    There was an update on the UPS site that said something about special boxes for shipping them back.

https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/ab...5_samsung.html
    The U.S. DOT has approved the return of recalled products using specially permitted DOT-SP 16011 packaging. The returns can only be shipped using UPS® Ground services. Samsung has made arrangements to provide the necessary packaging customers will need, as well as a return label to complete the return.
    well that is good news, i guess i should call and ask if mine is on its way
    09-25-2016 11:27 AM
3,177 ... 108109110111112 ...