10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 110111112113114 ...
tools
    I drove over to my local Corp Verizon store at lunch and i was told that they can not process the return of the recalled note 7, my only option was to ship the unit back to them. They gave me an old FedEx box to ship it back in and tried to print the return label for me but they FedEx servers were down (or some such BS). So i left with the old box and they told me i could try and print the label myself from the Verizon website. So that is what i am going to do.

Post Script:
    So i printed the return label from My Verizon .com and the label is for USPS. I will drop[ off the box on my way home and hope for the best.
    Wow. I guess something changed. I took mine back to my local Verizon corporate store and they processed a full refund with no problem. This was probably the second week of September.
    09-27-2016 11:33 PM
    Un. Be. Lievable.

I called FIVE local Verizon corporate stores today, and none of them has a single Note 7 in any color. Chat at Verizonwireless.com first told me my device is not affected (WRONG! And wouldn't they be liable if it then exploded?), then that I could get one by 10/5. Second chat only minutes later gave me all kinds of confusing information, including a supposed 10/12 ship date, and then cut me off and resumed with a new agent. Thankfully he knew what was going on and put his supervisor on the line to approve a replacement. But I had to provide a credit card to pay for tax (supposedly not to be billed until it ships). I figure I'll keep checking local stores and cancel the online order if one shows up locally first.

Supply chain is Samsung's fault, not Verizon's, but good grief--how can they not have accurate information for their reps as a top priority on a major news story like this?

Final rant--what is up with restarting the clock so that I had to agree to 24 payments when I've already made one--they'd better credit it! That means I may be eligible for an upgrade at least a couple of months later than originally; I will NOT be happy if that happens.

What a mess. I thought Samsung had handled it poorly, but I think Verizon has done even worse.
    They also restarted my wife's contract and I was just informed that our account was credited with $36. Does that mean we got a free month with our perfectly working, did not flame out Note 7?
    Now I just have to wait for my tax credit and $25 bill credit.
    I think the root of all this grief is how connected we are with our phones.
    How did I ever survive my first 34 years before there was a cell phone?
    09-27-2016 11:53 PM
    They also restarted my wife's contract and I was just informed that our account was credited with $36. Does that mean we got a free month with our perfectly working, did not flame out Note 7?
    Now I just have to wait for my tax credit and $25 bill credit.
    I think the root of all this grief is how connected we are with our phones.
    How did I ever survive my first 34 years before there was a cell phone?
    Easy. You can't want what you don't know .
    Jay Sacks likes this.
    09-28-2016 12:14 AM
    I am seriously bout to cuss verizon the hell out. I'm trying to agree to the terms etc of my agreement but it keeps asking for a verification code that 6 digits. Well they sent my new and correct email the order confirmation but sent the verification number to my old email. Now verizon keeps sending me links to use to a site that ain't optimized for mobile and I don't have a computer or tablet to access it. I keep telling them that and they keep doing it. Just send me the damn code so i can agree to the terms. I swear if this holds me up from getting my replacement phone I will freaking switch carriers cause im tired of the bs and people acting stupid.
    09-28-2016 03:23 AM
    If this *** tells me one more time that i can only except the terms by computer only im going to scream
    09-28-2016 03:28 AM
    Now this good just asked me why I haven't gone to Samsung to replace my note 7. Um hello cause I got the phone thru verizon. Lmao and this dude claiming he looking at my account. If that true then he would see I got the phone from him. Yeah I really need a different carrier and told him that too. This will be last phone thru this useless company.
    09-28-2016 03:42 AM
    Watch this dude cancel my replacement
    09-28-2016 03:45 AM
    Wow. I guess something changed. I took mine back to my local Verizon corporate store and they processed a full refund with no problem. This was probably the second week of September.
    Did you have you replacement shipped to you, or did you swap in the store the same day they processed the refund?
    09-28-2016 06:03 AM
    Watch this dude cancel my replacement
    The 6 digit code (at least mine was ) is the last six digits of the account holders SS number.
    09-28-2016 06:05 AM
    The 6 digit code (at least mine was ) is the last six digits of the account holders SS number.
    Yeah thats what the site asked for but it wouldn't take mine. So now another rep on Twitter is trying to figure it out. I told them i would just call when i get up but they keep messaging me lol.
    09-28-2016 06:08 AM
    Yeah thats what the site asked for but it wouldn't take mine. So now another rep on Twitter is trying to figure it out. I told them i would just call when i get up but they keep messaging me lol.
    Just asking, but are you the account "owner", turns out my wife is the official account owner on mine.
    09-28-2016 06:17 AM
    Just asking, but are you the account "owner", turns out my wife is the official account owner on mine.
    What funny is they say im the account manager not owner when all my lines are in my name nobody's else's so i don't know why they say I'm not the account owner.
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    09-28-2016 06:27 AM
    Chat with Verizon:

Me: It is safe to return the old Note7 phone using regular mail?
    Amy Vzn: Yes the shipping would be safe.
    Me: Mmmh in case of fire who is responsible, the sender or verizon? or you?
    Amy Vzn: You would be responsible. It would be best to insure the shipment.
    09-28-2016 09:21 AM
    Just a heads-up: Instead of calling five different corporate stores, to save time, you may just search for the phone on Verizon's website and then click the option to check for availability around you.
    I'm not seeing this option on their site. Either way, I'm on hold with them now since it's near impossible for me to get to the local store (I work longer hours than they are open), and they aren't willing to hold one for me. So going to see what other options they will give me since it's about the end of the month and need to get the S7 Edge exchanged again back into the N7
    09-28-2016 12:03 PM
    If only people followed the rules...there would be no problems.
    09-28-2016 12:10 PM
    So after a lengthy hold, the phone rep was fine offering me the option of exchanging back into the N7 over the phone. So now I'm waiting on them to process a cancellation of the payment plan, then he is supposed to call by tomorrow to actually process the exchange.

The only down side is they are on a slight backorder and could take a week to get it. I'm ok with today considering it could be longer until the timing is right that I can make it to the store when they actually have some in stock.
    09-28-2016 12:51 PM
    Chat with Verizon:

Me: It is safe to return the old Note7 phone using regular mail?
    Amy Vzn: Yes the shipping would be safe.
    Me: Mmmh in case of fire who is responsible, the sender or verizon? or you?
    Amy Vzn: You would be responsible. It would be best to insure the shipment.
    So after two days of trying to find the best way to ship the phone back (even went to a corp store) i was told by 2 chat reps, one phone rep and one in store rep to just print the return label from the web site and ship it back to them in the same box my replacement one came in. Each one of these folks i told them that i was reading that there needed to be a "special box", they had no idea what i was talking about and all assured me that it was fine to ship back.

So yesterday 9/27/18 i printed the USPS label from Verizon.com and sealed the recalled note in a box and shipped it back. Fast forward to today and i receive a text from Verizon telling me that they are sending out a special box and special instructions to ship the recalled note back

I have zero faith that my returned note7 will be logged in correctly and that i will receive a credit for the taxes i paid.

Did anyone else get that text today?
    09-28-2016 03:00 PM
    I got the text. I received my replacement this past Monday (mailed) and did not get any return box/label as I was told I would. Just going to wait for this box and send it back then.
    09-28-2016 03:24 PM
    I'm hoping to get the text, I still have the return shipping label from my first n7 and the replacement that came, I'd rather not guess on which one to use.

So after two days of trying to find the best way to ship the phone back (even went to a corp store) i was told by 2 chat reps, one phone rep and one in store rep to just print the return label from the web site and ship it back to them in the same box my replacement one came in. Each one of these folks i told them that i was reading that there needed to be a "special box", they had no idea what i was talking about and all assured me that it was fine to ship back.

So yesterday 9/27/18 i printed the USPS label from Verizon.com and sealed the recalled note in a box and shipped it back. Fast forward to today and i receive a text from Verizon telling me that they are sending out a special box and special instructions to ship the recalled note back

I have zero faith that my returned note7 will be logged in correctly and that i will receive a credit for the taxes i paid.

09-28-2016 03:50 PM
    I got my text a few hours ago as well.
    09-28-2016 03:51 PM
    I got my text a few hours ago as well.
    Same here. Phone arrived Monday.
    skatergirl likes this.
    09-28-2016 04:55 PM

I didn't get a text, but got an email from FedEx that I have a shipment coming from Texas from Verizon. Scheduled for delivery on Fri. Assuming it's my special box.
    09-28-2016 08:12 PM
    I got the text today about hour after I talked to customer rep. She text be the address to send my old phone back, said to do it ground, add insurance, and require a signature. She then credited my account for $30 to cover the cost. Now I think I will just wait for the box and keep the $30.
    09-28-2016 09:05 PM
    I got a text after shipping my phone back using USPS today. Figures... I hope the refund is quick.

As a side note, the replacement Note 7 is better than my original! The edge screen works flawlessly now...before it wouldn't register my slide touch in many areas of the screen.
    09-28-2016 09:30 PM
    I got a text after shipping my phone back using USPS today. Figures... I hope the refund is quick.

As a side note, the replacement Note 7 is better than my original! The edge screen works flawlessly now...before it wouldn't register my slide touch in many areas of the screen.
    I am in the same boat, i have a bad feeling the return is going to get messed up
    09-29-2016 09:42 AM
3,177 ... 110111112113114 ...