10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 111112113114115 ...
tools
    Are the stores selling the note 7's yet? None of the ones I've called in Dallas have one, nor Best Buy. I will be traveling for the next two weeks, so was hoping to get one before I hit the road.

This whole experience has been frustrating, I bout one at launch but returned as mine got really hot sometimes. Have all these accessories I can't do anything with, and still not able to get another one. The longer this goes, I'm just about over this altogether.
    10-01-2016 07:09 PM
    That Russian nesting doll box contraption they sent me for the return was hilarious.
    10-01-2016 07:33 PM
    That Russian nesting doll box contraption they sent me for the return was hilarious.
    Plus the gloves..lol
    Jewels81 and sandra_17 like this.
    10-01-2016 07:55 PM
    Plus the gloves..lol
    What?
    10-01-2016 08:15 PM
    What?
    Here's what they sent:

Put the phone in an envelope, put that in a box. Put that in another box. Then another box. Then another. I dunno; I lost count. Plus 9 pages of information.

Plus gloves.
    10-01-2016 08:22 PM
    Here's what they sent:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...f7370c28e9.jpg

Put the phone in an envelope, put that in a box. Put that in another box. Then another box. Then another. I dunno; I lost count. Plus 9 pages of information.

Plus gloves.
    I understand they want to be safe but that is funny lol😆 so i see that it's true that there is only enough room for the phone and not the accessories. Or am i wrong?
    10-01-2016 08:29 PM
    I understand they want to be safe but that is funny lol😆 so i see that it's true that there is only enough room for the phone and not the accessories. Or am i wrong?
    There was barely room for the phone, never mind accessories.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    10-01-2016 08:37 PM
    There was barely room for the phone, never mind accessories.
    Thanks for the pic and info 😊
    10-01-2016 08:51 PM
    Lady from Verizon told me i would just get a return envelope. I'm like well hope it don't explode during transit back to them.
    10-01-2016 08:55 PM
    I'm just amused by the use of cardboard boxes. I know it has the bag and the outer box has some sort of insulation, but still... That's a lot of highly combustible material to ship something that could spontaneously go up in flames.
    10-01-2016 09:30 PM
    I was able to buy a note 7 at Best Buy. I had to go into the store first, learned I had to do what they called a 'pre-order'. I did so and I got an email 2 days later. I picked it up at the store and it's a really nice device.
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    10-01-2016 10:07 PM
    Are the stores selling the note 7's yet? None of the ones I've called in Dallas have one, nor Best Buy. I will be traveling for the next two weeks, so was hoping to get one before I hit the road.

This whole experience has been frustrating, I bout one at launch but returned as mine got really hot sometimes. Have all these accessories I can't do anything with, and still not able to get another one. The longer this goes, I'm just about over this altogether.
    I picked up a new note 7 at the new Corp store on Lemmon on the 9/21.
    10-02-2016 06:34 PM
    I picked up a new note 7 at the new Corp store on Lemmon on the 9/21.
    Jealous! Apparently all of them are sold out at the moment!
    10-02-2016 06:55 PM
    So who is all waiting for Verizon to have blue coral in stock so they can ship it out? They told me my replacement will ship Oct 12th maybe sooner if they get them earlier.
    10-02-2016 07:27 PM
    Well I boxed up the old note 7 and its going on the ups box tomorrow, should be officially done with the recall finally. I took the S pen out of it also no sense in taking a chance of destroying a good s pen.
    10-02-2016 08:53 PM
    Well I boxed up the old note 7 and its going on the ups box tomorrow, should be officially done with the recall finally. I took the S pen out of it also no sense in taking a chance of destroying a good s pen.
    So verizon using ups for us to send recalled note 7 back instead of FedEx? Call me stupid as I have never shipped anything FedEx or ups before but when we package up our note 7 do we take it to a ups or FedEx location just like I would USPS? Are you putting insurance on it and if so how much?
    10-02-2016 09:05 PM
    So verizon using ups for us to send recalled note 7 back instead of FedEx? Call me stupid as I have never shipped anything FedEx or ups before but when we package up our note 7 do we take it to a ups or FedEx location just like I would USPS? Are you putting insurance on it and if so how much?
    They are using ups to ship back phone, so you would need to take it to ups location or drop box. It has a prepaid shipping label on the box already. I am not adding insurance, since I'm using their preferred shipping it's on them. I don't know if you can even add insurance to it, never tried before.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    10-02-2016 09:10 PM
    They are using ups to ship back phone, so you would need to take it to ups location or drop box. It has a prepaid shipping label on the box already. I am not adding insurance, since I'm using their preferred shipping it's on them. I don't know if you can even add insurance to it, never tried before.
    Ok thanks so much
    10-02-2016 09:24 PM
    Just notice the $25 credit on my bill... neat... I didnt ask about it or anything, it just appeared.
    10-02-2016 09:30 PM
    I received my Note 7 replacement via Fedex from Verizon but was told not to return the defective one to the store or by mail and that I would receive a shipping container with instructions for returning the phone. After a week or 2 Verizon sent me a shipping box with 3 reinforced cardboard boxes nestled inside along with tape and a pair of protective gloves for handling the outer bulky box with the ceramic coating inside. There were instructions for returning the phone but not the accessories that came with the phone (charger, cable, etc.) via UPS. I contacted the phone number on the instructions and got Samsung. They told me they just wanted the phone, and didn't care about the extras. Then I realized the box was sent by Verizon, not Samsung so I contacted VZW and was told by the rep that she didn't know whether or not I should return the accessories. I know that when I used to get a replacement for a defective phone I was always told to take off the back cover and just return the phone. Has anyone else returned their Galaxy Note 7 this way? VZW has billed me for the replacement and won't remove the charges until they receive the defective phone.
    10-03-2016 03:29 PM
    Well... you can't take the back cover off the Note 7 without breaking it

All the reports I've seen say that you should just send the phone back. Make sure you power it off first, obviously, but I don't believe you need to send back any of the accessories. Everything I have seen says that they won't fit in the return packaging.
    10-03-2016 04:18 PM
    The instructions in the return box are very clear... It says to put the phone in Small box. Not phone and accessories. Do what the instructions say. Some are making this harder then what it is.

For what it's worth, I even kept the spen. Verizin reps are clueless, the higher ups decided what needs returned, hence why the directions clearly say to put the phone in box. This is not a normal exchange, it's a recall.
    lanenubia likes this.
    10-03-2016 04:37 PM
    Lady from Verizon told me i would just get a return envelope. I'm like well hope it don't explode during transit back to them.
    i spent two days on the phone and chat with verizon, plus a visit to a corp store and all of them told me to print the return label and ship the phone back. so i did (usps by the way). sure enough the next day i get the text from verizon about a special box being on it's way.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    10-03-2016 07:03 PM
    i spent two days on the phone and chat with verizon, plus a visit to a corp store and all of them told me to print the return label and ship the phone back. so i did (usps by the way). sure enough the next day i get the text from verizon about a special box being on it's way.
    Lol wow. I will most definitely wait til i get that text then.
    10-03-2016 09:07 PM
    Did they credit your account the shipping. They put a $30 credit on my account for shipping, cover shipping, insurance, and signature. I felt it signature required fit the occasion, LOL.

Anyway, next day got the text and the box came a couple days later, so I used the box and got a $30 credit.
    10-03-2016 09:16 PM
3,177 ... 111112113114115 ...