10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 118119120121122 ...
tools
    No updates. No device support. S.O.L. If it breaks or gets damaged. Resale is dead. Can't go on planes. Also, and it's a small but dangerous proposition.... Might catch on fire. I don't do well with lotteries or things with odds. So I presume this is the one I'd win...
    a very valid point, as I change my about every 6 to 8 months, I am certain I will not be able to re-sell the note 7 at a decent price.
    weave majjik likes this.
    10-09-2016 11:12 PM
    I don't get how you guys are getting it done. Talked to to customer service reps on the phone and got nothing and store manager would not budge until their was an a official announcement.

I'm just hoping since t-mobile started it, maybe verizon will cave tomorrow.
    Dude. Try the Verizon chat window. I do all my finest work from the chat window. They have the power to note your account as well as a phone CSR.
    10-10-2016 12:20 AM
    I don't get how you guys are getting it done. Talked to to customer service reps on the phone and got nothing and store manager would not budge until their was an a official announcement.

I'm just hoping since t-mobile started it, maybe verizon will cave tomorrow.
    My wife had a similar experience Sunday morning when she went into a store to ask about the return policy.
    The Verizon sales staff reiterated that the phone was safe to use and that they personally were using one.
    Within the next few days, they'll probably change their policy.
    10-10-2016 03:24 AM
    The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that these stories are being placed in the media to further discredit Samsung and the phone itself.
    Viscomi4444 and sandra_17 like this.
    10-10-2016 03:30 AM
    The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that these stories are being placed in the media to further discredit Samsung and the phone itself.
    I entertain that thought too sometimes.

Maybe I read too many Le Carre novels.
    10-10-2016 03:59 AM
    So heads up. There is no way to exchange replacement for verizon.
    I've did it yesterday... I spoke with A CT after a few minutes to confer with her boss she said that VZW was indeed allowing this and that they were actually going to put a hold on new purchases.

In not surprised that folks are having issues though. With VZW it seems the the right hand has no clue what the left hand is doing.
    10-10-2016 05:13 AM
    I've did it yesterday... I spoke with A CT after a few minutes to confer with her boss she said that VZW was indeed allowing this and that they were actually going to put a hold on new purchases.

In not surprised that folks are having issues though. With VZW it seems the the right hand has no clue what the left hand is doing.
    Exactly the way it always is with Verizon. The in-store reps will say one thing but the CS reps via phone will tell you something totally different. It's up to the store manager to disseminate internal memos and well....if he/she doesn't do it...
    10-10-2016 06:03 AM
    If i decided to return my new 7, i want a refund, not exchange for a different phone.. cancel my upgrade agreement and ill use one of my spares.

I hope verizon doesnt do an exchange for diff phone only.

Again, dont know if i will return it.. dont care about 7.0 and this phone is awesome
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    10-10-2016 06:27 AM
    What are u using right now for a phone? Also what do u do with the current phone you're using once the Pixel arrives?
    10-10-2016 07:39 AM
    I am sure Verizon will handle this with the professionalism they used the first go around

For me i am keeping mine unless they disable it somehow. On the plus side i still have that fancy box they sent out since they told me to just ship original one back through USPS in the same box my replacement one was shipped to me in
    10-10-2016 08:24 AM
    I just came home from the local Verizon corporate store. (went to pick
    up a new SIM for my Samsung basic flip phone) I asked the manager
    about returning my Note 7 and other related stuff. She gave me some
    really great news:

The local Verizon corporate store is allowing customers to exchange
    all Note 7 accessories. If you bring back the recalled Note 7 or the
    "safe" replacement Note 7 back and exchange it for a different phone
    (S7, iPhone, Moto, or whatever), they'll give you credit for *any* Note 7
    accessories that you originally bought from Verizon corporate
    store or VerizonWireless.com
    towards the purchase price of the
    accessories for the new phone. (but only good towards accessories
    sold inside the Verizon corporate store, of if they don't have it in store,
    they'll order it and have it shipped directly to you)

IMHO, that's more than fair. I'm just mad that Samsung.com doesn't
    allows Note 7 accessories to be returned.

As much as I dislike(almost hate) Verizon, they certainly do know how
    to take care of customers. That's one reason I still have not switched
    to T-Mobile or AT&T yet. Their corporate stores here are extremely
    stingy when it comes to little things like that. One good example is
    the SIM card that Verizon gave me for free today. I needed it for the
    Samsung basic flip phone(not smartphone). They gave it to me for
    free. T-Mobile stores had the cajones to ask me to pay for SIM card
    that I wanted to use with my prepaid acct with them a few months ago.
    10-10-2016 09:55 AM
    Verizon sent me an email yesterday stating my order for my 2 replacement Notes is now canceled. I am still stuck with the recalled Note. I think I'm just going back to my S5. My spouse is seriously thinking about getting the iPhone. I am tired of calling Verizon and asking where are the phones that were supposed to be here last week.
    10-10-2016 09:58 AM
    Here is a plus 1 for Verizon, i was able to get credited back the sales tax i paid on the replacement note 7 i was shipped. Yay!!
    10-10-2016 10:06 AM
    I gave up. Love the phone, can't cope with the drama and worry. If it was just me, I might keep it for a while, anyway, but there are two little kids and three other adults in my family and don't feel right making that risk decision for them. I personally think Samsung doesn't know yet what is wrong with the phones. And maybe it is ony a handful but this is the exact amount of time--about two weeks--when the first ones started catching fire the first time. I called Verizon. Can't deal with the store, it's an hour and a half away by two buses and they are always clueless. Took an hour on the phone, but they preordered a pixel xl for me, sent me the agreement, and will send a box to return the Note in same shipment in ten days. Not happy with the ten days but I couldn't get to the store till next Saturday anyway, so I agreed. Charging me the taxes and upgrade fee on the Pixel and will refund when they get the Note back. Doing it in the store, only way is to get a refund and then reset everything, and start over and it was way more complicated last time, doing it that way. The rep I spoke with said everyone in customer service was as tired of all the Note drama as the customers and they all wished Samsung would figure this out or withdraw the phone. They still have it on the website but are not, according to this guy, letting orders on it go through. Anyway, I am sad about the phone, and will probably not be buying from Samsung for a while (well at least the two years to pay off the Pixel!). Hope everyone here figures out their own best course of action, and no problems.
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    10-10-2016 10:38 AM
    AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile Halt Samsung Note 7 Sales and Exchanges - ABC News
    AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile have stopped providing new Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphones to customers as part of an exchange program, amid a handful of claims that the replacement devices were smoking, catching fire or exploding.

The replacements were rolled out on Sept. 21, following a government recall, as substitutes to Note 7 phones that had been on sale since August 19th and were found to have a defect that caused them to smoke and in some cases catch fire.

While Samsung apologized and provided the replacements after a public furor over the Note 7, at least three cases have surfaced in recent weeks of phone owners claiming their replacement devices had overheated, melted or caught fire.

Sept. 15: Government Recall Issued for Samsung Note7 Over Battery Fire Hazard
    AT&T issued a statement on Sunday saying that it would no longer provide replacement Note 7 phones, “pending further investigation of these reported incidents.” The company said it was still encouraging owners of the recalled phones to bring their devices in for a replacement for another phone model.

T-Mobile followed later that day, saying: “While Samsung investigates multiple reports of issues, T-Mobile is temporarily suspending all sales of the new Note7 and exchanges for replacement Note7 devices.”

PHOTO: A photo provided by Shawn Minter to ABC News shows a table where a replacement Samsung Note7 reportedly overheated on Sunday.Shawn Minter
    A photo provided by Shawn Minter to ABC News shows a table where a replacement Samsung Note7 reportedly overheated on Sunday.more
    Late on Sunday, a spokeswoman for Verizon said that it too was suspending sales and exchanges for replacement Note 7 phones. The spokeswoman said that customers could still replace their phones with another device.

Meanwhile, a Sprint spokeswoman said that it was working with Samsung to “better understand the most recent concerns,” with the replacement devices and noted that customers could exchange their replacement Note 7 for “any other device.”

The announcements come after yet another scare reportedly involving the device. The cabin on a a flight bound for Baltimore from Louisville was evacuated on Wednesday shortly before takeoff after it filled with smoke reportedly coming from a Samsung phone, which the owner said was a replacement Note 7, ABC News reported.

Full Story: Smoking Samsung Note7 Prompts Airplane Evacuation
    Sept. 27: 60% of Defective Note7 Phones Have Been Exchanged, Samsung Says
    The owner, Brian Green, provided ABC News with photos and an identifier number that supported his claim.

While the local fire department took possession of the device, both Samsung and the Consumer Product Safety Commission -- the government agency that sanctioned the recall -- sought custody of it.

Immediately following the incident, Samsung told ABC News that it could not confirm that the phone onboard the plane was a Note 7 model.

Louisville Metro Arson later told ABC News that the CPSC took possession of the phone. CPSC told ABC News that it was conducting an “active and ongoing investigation,” and that they could not provide further details. Samsung said they had nothing new to share.

On Friday, a teenager in Farmington, Minnesota said a replacement Note7 began burning and melting while in her hand.

ABC News affiliate KTSP spoke to the teenager, Abby Zuis, who said she suffered minor burns when the phone began overheating while she waited to pick up her siblings at school.

Video from KTSP shows the phone with significant burn damage.

Zuis’s father, Andrew, spoke to ABC News and provided evidence that suggested the phone was indeed a replacement.

In response to that incident, Samsung said that it was engaging with the Zuis family and sought to reassure customers that safety was its highest priority.

Since then, two new cases have emerged.

In one incident in Kentucky, a man named Michael Klering reported waking in the middle of the night on Tuesday to hissing sounds and finding his bedroom full of smoke from his Note7 phone.

He told ABC News that the device was a replacement and that it was not charging at the time, but was powered on.

“When we woke up the whole room was full of smoke,” he said, adding that a small flame was coming out of the device at one point.

PHOTO: : A photo provided by Michael Klering to ABC News shows a phone which he claims is a replacement Samsung Note7 that overheated on Tuesday.Shawn Minter
    : A photo provided by Michael Klering to ABC News shows a phone which he claims is a replacement Samsung Note7 that overheated on Tuesday.more +
    In a separate incident, a man in Virginia told ABC News that he was awoke in the middle of the night on Sunday by loud noises coming from his replacement Note 7 device.

Shawn Minter said he found the device smoking on the nightstand before it burst into a flash of flames, filling the room with white, smelly smoke and making a sizzling sound.

Minter, who was in the room with his wife and 8-month-old son at the time, said it took an hour for the phone to cool down, as it continued to make a sizzling sound.

Both Klering and Minter provided ABC News with receipts that appeared to back up their claims that the phones were replacements.

The CPSC told ABC News that it is looking into all the cases.

Asked about the incidents, a Samsung spokesperson said that the company was “working diligently with authorities and third party experts and will share findings when we have completed the investigation.

“Even though there are a limited number of reports, we want to reassure customers that we are taking every report seriously. If we determine a product safety issue exists, Samsung will take immediate steps approved by the CPSC to resolve the situation,” the spokesperson continued.

Samsung did not immediately return ABC News’s request for information and comment on the AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile announcements.
    10-10-2016 10:42 AM
    Has anyone actually seen anything official directly from Verizon? I've found a million references to "a verizon rep said"... but nothing that's actually branded Verizon. And, I've had 2 CSR's and 2 local stores tell me that the exchange program ended on 9/30 and they won't replace/refund my phone. I assume it's just early and they don't all know yet, but this is frustrating...
    10-10-2016 10:49 AM
    Havent heard anything official. That's what I'm waiting for too. But I did chat with Verizon in Saturday and their rep told me I could return the phone any time. Still, I'll wait to see what their official statement is. Hopefully they'll put something out today. I'm expecting at least some strings to be attached here.

Just like Verizon, though. Dragging their feet.
    10-10-2016 10:53 AM
    Interesting.... I was just at a corporate location. The store manager said he knew nothing about the refund do on the Note 7 but I can't say that surprises me. He said he looked I to the 'system' ND couldn't find anything about it. I called Verizon CS but it took them about 30.minutes to answer - the lady said refunds were possible so I asked her to please notate my account to prevent any further issues.

A damn shame Verizon can't put out pertinent information at the store level.
    I think part of the problem with Verizon online vs Verizon Corp stores is that the stores get "dinged" when someone returns a phone. Perhaps that particular salesperson isn't persuasive enough, in corps. eyes, to make the person keep a phone, so their commission takes a hit; or maybe there is some other penalty the employee incurs when processing a return. I know that 2 employees did not want to process my original Note 7 return, because they stated it looked bad on their "report". Just a thought
    10-10-2016 10:53 AM
    I think part of the problem with Verizon online vs Verizon Corp stores is that the stores get "dinged" when someone returns a phone. Perhaps that particular salesperson isn't persuasive enough, in corps. eyes, to make the person keep a phone, so their commission takes a hit; or maybe there is some other penalty the employee incurs when processing a return. I know that 2 employees did not want to process my original Note 7 return, because they stated it looked bad on their "report". Just a thought
    It was my understanding Verizon did away with the commission stuff. I remember way back when you would go into the store for something and the rep would remove features and re-add them so she/he would get the commission. Maybe someone that works for Verizon can chime in. The reps at my local store claim they don't use a commissioned based sales thing but who knows.
    10-10-2016 10:59 AM
    Has anyone actually seen anything official directly from Verizon? I've found a million references to "a verizon rep said"... but nothing that's actually branded Verizon. And, I've had 2 CSR's and 2 local stores tell me that the exchange program ended on 9/30 and they won't replace/refund my phone. I assume it's just early and they don't all know yet, but this is frustrating...
    Havent heard anything official. That's what I'm waiting for too. But I did chat with Verizon in Saturday and their rep told me I could return the phone any time. Still, I'll wait to see what their official statement is. Hopefully they'll put something out today. I'm expecting at least some strings to be attached here.

Just like Verizon, though. Dragging their feet.
    I just got through chatting with them on Facebook about a similar issue. I exchanged my wife's N7 with the S7E until a new N7 came in. Unfortunately that hasn't happened and we're outside the 14 day window, and she doesn't like the S7E at all. They are allowing even that one to be exchanged, so one can only assume the N7's are returnable too.

Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread-1476117252481.jpg
    10-10-2016 11:34 AM
    Well this makes me feel better. Now just to see if my wife wants to try and wait this out for a good N7 or go to something else all together.

Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread-1476117411116.jpg
    10-10-2016 11:36 AM
    Dang. I might have shafted myself:

Devices eligible to participate in Annual Upgrade Program: iPhone® 7 and iPhone® 7 Plus
    iPhone® 6s and iPhone® 6s Plus, purchased on or before September 8, 2016
    Samsung Note7
    Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, purchased on or before September 9, 2016
    Upgrade fee applies.
    How do I get my iTurd on the annual upgrade program?
    10-10-2016 11:47 AM
    How do I get my iTurd on the annual upgrade program?
    You should be on it already if you bought yours prior to October 8th.
    10-10-2016 11:49 AM
    I just got through chatting with them on Facebook about a similar issue. I exchanged my wife's N7 with the S7E until a new N7 came in. Unfortunately that hasn't happened and we're outside the 14 day window, and she doesn't like the S7E at all. They are allowing even that one to be exchanged, so one can only assume the N7's are returnable too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1476117252481.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	241905
    That is the issue with verizon (and most likely all of the carriers but all i have dealt with is Verizon). You can talk / chat with 4 different reps and get 4 different answers, you can visit 3 different stores and get 6 different answers. The right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing.
    Jewels81, pluto1415 and bbqdroid like this.
    10-10-2016 11:59 AM
    Verizon DENIED my refund on the recalled Note 7 that I shipped back to them over a week ago. Said I was outside the 14 day return window (I preordered it in August). I bought it outright TWICE on my credit card, with them telling me I will get refunded the original purchase once the recalled device is received. They DENIED my refund on 10/4 and never notified me! I wasted a week! I just can't believe it...and I wish I could say what I really want to right now both to Verizon and Samsung. This is inexcusable and absolute poor behavior. I am speechless right now. I so want to go on a Twitter rant right now with Verizon...unfreakinbelievable
    10-10-2016 12:08 PM
3,177 ... 118119120121122 ...