So this is probably screwing the system. And I may not can even do this.

But I had my upgrade set back. I'm thinking of just getting a refund at Verizon and going to best buy and get an s7 edge on 2 year pricing and get the HDTV. I'm assuming I'll have to pay sales tax on the 299 price.

Deciding if it's worth all the hassle or just switch over at Verizon.
    10-11-2016 08:31 PM
    Has anyone not gotten a refund for their Note 7 payments yet?

My husband's line was credited but mine was not. Neither of us received the text messages yet either.
    10-11-2016 08:38 PM
    Some discussion in XDA about free upgrade if you got Note 7 for veirzon.

Login to your account to upgrade free!

YMMV
    My husband called and they didn't say anything about a free upgrade. Maybe he didn't ask the right questions.
    10-11-2016 08:43 PM
    They reverted your upgrade back, you'll be getting a box to send back the Note 7 so it isn't really a free upgrade I'd say more like just letting you choose your replacement phone
    10-11-2016 08:44 PM
    I just got mine last week and it works great, charges fast or slow with no issues. I don't want a different phone!! If I keep it will Samsung really turn it off by remote??
    It won't be supported by Samsung at all and you run the risk of it. Samsung did send an update out before to limit the charging of old phones to like 60 or 80% (granted not in the US)
    10-11-2016 08:46 PM
    They reverted your upgrade back, you'll be getting a box to send back the Note 7 so it isn't really a free upgrade I'd say more like just letting you choose your replacement phone
    Very true. Mine is back to before I bought the Note 7, and the beauty of it, they havent even received the phone yet. Will probably pre order the Pixel XL.
    10-11-2016 08:52 PM
    Very true. Mine is back to before I bought the Note 7, and the beauty of it, they havent even received the phone yet. Will probably pre order the Pixel XL.
    Yea I ended up perordering that, only phone that's really kinda close to Note 7 I think
    10-11-2016 08:53 PM
    Yea I ended up perordering that, only phone that's really kinda close to Note 7 I think
    Wonder when the taxes would be paid.
    10-11-2016 08:55 PM
    And of course we just done know if the units that caught fire were perfect just like yours (and mine). What if it catches fire while you're downstairs or whatever. Is it really worth the risk? You're on notice now. It's called assumption of the risk. (yes, lawyer is my day job).

The five stages of grief are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance that make up our learning to live with the phone we lost. They are tools to help us frame and identify what we may be feeling. Me personally.... I just exited denial, anger and bargaining. I am now in depression. When the V20 is released, and I buy it, that will be my acceptance phase.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    10-11-2016 08:57 PM
    The Note 7 lives on at Verizon. Just left the Verizon store and called Billing Support to confirm. This is what is being said by both Verizon groups which include the Store Mgr and Duty/Floor Mgr.

- They are zeroing out the charges for the Note 7

- They are resetting the upgrade eligibility for the my account (Note 7) to "upgrade eligible" as of today.

- You can keep the Note 7 and use as before, so the phone is free at this point.

- You can upgrade to another phone at any point and you will be sent a return box for your Note 7 and thus have a payment for the newer phone

- There are no plans to discontinue cellular service or support for the Note 7 either from Verizon or Samsung.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    10-11-2016 09:11 PM
    And this, is why I always wait. I'll be keeping my Note 7. Even if I have to continue to pay for it (T-Mobile). If Samsung continues to support the phone, why not?
    10-11-2016 09:15 PM
    WOW! The plot thickens..... I wonder of any other carriers are going to do this?
    10-11-2016 09:18 PM
    Exactly. If people are concerned about battery temperature there are several good monitoring applications to do so.
    10-11-2016 09:21 PM
    So now what do I do. I was planning on getting the s7e tomorrow but if Samsung and Verizon are continuing to support, wow. We need some sort of clarification, and 1 story!
    jordankreationz likes this.
    10-11-2016 09:23 PM
    So just went to my local corporate store to return my note 7. Did not read here first. So I arrive and let them know I want to return my Note 7 and case. They put me in the queue and I wait for 35 minutes. The sales guy comes over to help me and starts taking about upgrading my phone, a loaner device until my new phone comes and then the deal about the return box coming to my home. I told him all I want to do is return this, get my refund and wait for the Pixel XL and V20 to show up in store so I can compare them.

No in store return, just the box option. He said everything was refunded and my upgrade restored. Have not checked on the refund, but why couldn't they have said this when I walked in the front door. Their great attempt at doing something very cool was blunted by the usual poorly trained work force on the sales floor. Typical...
    Carlo Villa and jackash0912 like this.
    10-11-2016 09:29 PM
    Exactly. If people are concerned about battery temperature there are several good monitoring applications to do so.
    The problem is the high temps don't cause the battery to go up. The internal short or whatever is triggering the runaway reaction is what causes the excessive heat, at which point it's too late.
    10-11-2016 09:37 PM
    In order to get the TV, do you need to pay the s7 edge in full or can you do the payment plan. Sorry, never bought a phone at best buy.
    Payment plan worked for me. It's just like most promo's that stores offer. Best buy usually has the best offers or support the best offers.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    10-11-2016 09:38 PM
    You will have a rude awakening when you use vanilla android then....the s7 and s7 edge and note 5 are the closest thing to the note 7....even the lg v20 is much closer and at least has a extensive feature set.....
    10-11-2016 09:39 PM
    Has anyone else heard about Samsung & Verizon to continue support for Note7? I can't find any confirmation on the above post about this.
    10-11-2016 09:40 PM
    The Note 7 lives on at Verizon. Just left the Verizon store and called Billing Support to confirm. This is what is being said by both Verizon groups which include the Store Mgr and Duty/Floor Mgr.

- They are zeroing out the charges for the Note 7

- They are resetting the upgrade eligibility for the my account (Note 7) to "upgrade eligible" as of today.

- You can keep the Note 7 and use as before, so the phone is free at this point.

- You can upgrade to another phone at any point and you will be sent a return box for your Note 7 and thus have a payment for the newer phone

- There are no plans to discontinue cellular service or support for the Note 7 either from Verizon or Samsung.

so who's liable if the Note 7 catches fire and someone is
    killed or injured? (both civil and criminal cases)

Verizon or the customer who elects to keep using it?

Samsung is no longer liable because they have recalled
    the device. If someone chooses to continue using it after
    several months, it would be hard to blame Samsung.
    Carlo Villa likes this.
    10-11-2016 09:42 PM
    Yeah we need clarification on this
    10-11-2016 09:43 PM
    so who's liable if the Note 7 catches fire and someone is
    killed or injured? (both civil and criminal cases)

Verizon or the customer who elects to keep using it?
    Liability and responsibility is on the customer. If you are concerned you should send it back. I believe my phone is a low risk at this time.

Samsun is no longer liable because they have recalled
    the device. If someone chooses to continue using it after
    several months, it would be hard to blame Samsung.
    10-11-2016 09:54 PM
    Seems pretty straight forward. They're not making anymore. No one is selling it. VZW is giving a return box option. So, now it's on you (in general)..
    Carlo Villa and jackash0912 like this.
    10-11-2016 10:05 PM
    For some reason, Verizon is saying that I'm not eligible for an upgrade until 2018 now.
    10-11-2016 10:52 PM
    I'm betting the note 7 will be blocked from carriers at some point, just my opinion.
    10-11-2016 11:21 PM
3,177 ... 124125126127128