10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Apparently my verizon store may have the new note 7's. Gonna go now to exchange for a new one.

Is it true the smart switch cause lag?
    09-04-2016 03:36 PM
    Apparently my verizon store may have the new note 7's. Gonna go now to exchange for a new one.

Is it true the smart switch cause lag?
    I used it previously and didn't have a issue
    09-04-2016 03:37 PM
    It was from a Premium Verizon Retailer.. Not an Authorized Retailer!
    Those are franchises so I doubt they have the same franchise owner down where you live. You are going to have to contact the VPR you purchased from.

FYI - both VARs and VPRs are franchises, I would never buy from them. You get the worst deals from them. Either buy from Verizon corporate or buy from Best Buy or Costco or Sam's Club.

And I especially would not buy from a VAR/VPR out of state.
    09-04-2016 03:37 PM
    I called Verizon and the guy said they have replacements in stock already. The reason they aren't selling new Note 7 is because they are using their current stock for replacements. I bought mine online and he said to bring it to any corporate store to exchange.
    I'm new and did this wrong. I was under the impression that all current stock has to be sent back and the phones with the new batteries wouldn't be there until next week at the earliest. I believe your rep is misinformed. Personally I'm not trading until I know for sure they have new stock.
    09-04-2016 03:38 PM
    I called Verizon and the guy said they have replacements in stock already. The reason they aren't selling new Note 7 is because they are using their current stock for replacements.
    No not yet they aren't. Samsung is sending Verizon the affected IMEIs next week. No sales and no replacements are going to happen until then.
    09-04-2016 03:40 PM
    Here's my question, when did they start producing devices with the "good batteries". When you get your replacements, check the manufacturering dates on them. I would say anything after 9/2 date to be safe. Be careful with stores trying to give you "older" ones.
    09-04-2016 03:43 PM
    I just called my corporate Verizon store and she said they will let us know when the new ones are in stock. I guess I'm going to wait a while until the bad stock clears. These stores better be sending these faulty units back to samsung.
    09-04-2016 03:44 PM
    I was just online at MyVerizon.com and had a chat rep. She totally transferred my service back to my previous phone (they still had the sim and IMEI and all that on record) and Verizon is snail mailing me the shipping label to send my baby back to them for exchange. I'm happy with that.

I DON'T KNOW if that's Verizon's nationwide procedure for everyone who pre-ordered from MyVerizon.com, but that's how it's playing out for me.

Happy Dog, here.
    Peace. Alan
    09-04-2016 03:44 PM
    Message I received from Verizon today...

FREE VZW MSG: On September 2, 2016, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7 in response to an issue with the device's battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon has stopped selling the Galaxy Note7. If you wish to return or exchange the device, please visit the store you purchased it from. Learn more at https://news.samsung.com/global/stat...n-galaxy-note7.
    09-04-2016 03:48 PM
    Where do you find the manufacture date? I do not see one on my box.
    09-04-2016 03:49 PM
    I was just online at MyVerizon.com and had a chat rep. She totally transferred my service back to my previous phone (they still had the sim and IMEI and all that on record) and Verizon is snail mailing me the shipping label to send my baby back to them for exchange. I'm happy with that.

I DON'T KNOW if that's Verizon's nationwide procedure for everyone who pre-ordered from MyVerizon.com, but that's how it's playing out for me.

Happy Dog, here.
    Peace. Alan
    Not sure how accurate it is, but when I called, Verizon told me that if I call on/after 20-Sept, they will mail me a new phone and once I've transferred my data, can mail back my old phone.
    09-04-2016 03:50 PM
    Not sure how accurate it is, but when I called, Verizon told me that if I call on/after 20-Sept, they will mail me a new phone and once I've transferred my data, can mail back my old phone.
    If that is true then I would be fine with that.
    09-04-2016 03:54 PM
    Just was sent this.
    09-04-2016 03:56 PM
    I'm new and did this wrong. I was under the impression that all current stock has to be sent back and the phones with the new batteries wouldn't be there until next week at the earliest. I believe your rep is misinformed. Personally I'm not trading until I know for sure they have new stock.
    No not yet they aren't. Samsung is sending Verizon the affected IMEIs next week. No sales and no replacements are going to happen until then.
    Call 611 and see if you get a different answer.
    09-04-2016 03:56 PM
    So still no info on how to exchange our GN7s for a new one, correct?
    09-04-2016 04:01 PM
    Thanks, bertsirkin. That'd be ok with me too, but I've started a process now so I might stick with it. My Note 7 is all backed up anyway; I can still do a restore when I get the new one.. But I think that I'll start my new one clean since I know more about it now and how I want it set up.

Thanks again, man.
    Peace. Alan.
    09-04-2016 04:04 PM
    I am sick of hearing about the recall. I have had several friends telling me "You know they are recalling those phones" I am going to wait a couple weeks and see what happens. I got that Verizon text also. I bought at best buy so depends on how they handle this. I am really happy with this phone. On top of everything I bought 2 Note 7's. My wife loves hers also. I have been monitoring the temp of battery while charging. 95 degrees on samsung wireless charger at the moment. Have an alarm to go off at 104, hope it doesn't go that high. Hasn't so far.
    09-04-2016 04:15 PM
    I thought they wouldn't have the new ones with good batteries until next week at the earliest? I wouldn't trade yet. That sounds like misinformation.
    That info is directly from Samsung. Samsung said within two weeks, they had already started the production when the recall was announced.
    09-04-2016 04:22 PM
    Call 611 and see if you get a different answer.
    I spoke to Winback, which is the department with the most informed reps.
    09-04-2016 04:24 PM
    That info is directly from Samsung. Samsung said within two weeks, they had already started the production when the recall was announced.
    So then the guy who said his store has them in stock isn't getting one with a "good" battery. That was my point. I think he was told wrong info. I'm not trading until I know for sure I'm getting a phone from new stock. My phone isn't heating up. I can wait.
    09-04-2016 04:32 PM
    So then the guy who said his store has them in stock isn't getting one with a "good" battery. That was my point. I think he was told wrong info. I'm not trading until I know for sure I'm getting a phone from new stock. My phone isn't heating up. I can wait.
    You know how carrier and even Samsung reps are. Carriers will let you know when it is time to exchange through something official.
    09-04-2016 04:34 PM
    I apparently get 25 bucks off of a new accessory if I select a new phone:

FREE VZW MSG: On September 2, 2016, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7 in response to an issue with the device's battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon has stopped selling the Galaxy Note7. Additionally, through September 30, 2016, Verizon is waiving the restocking fee. If you wish to return or exchange the device, please visit the store you purchased it from. When you return your Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and buy another smartphone you will get up to $25 off any accessory. Learn more at https://news.samsung.com/global/stat...n-galaxy-note7.
    09-04-2016 04:41 PM
    I just called my corporate Verizon store and she said they will let us know when the new ones are in stock. I guess I'm going to wait a while until the bad stock clears. These stores better be sending these faulty units back to samsung.
    Just received the same rext message listed in this thread from Verizon.

Called the (corporate) store where I purchased my beautiful black Note 7. The rep checked with their store manager and said they won't have the recall replacements in store until September 30 and I could bring it in that day or thereafter and swap out.

Loving this phone and plan on getting my second new Note 7 soon !!!
    09-04-2016 04:47 PM
    My new Silver/Chrome Note 7 is going to be called:

"The non exploding Silver Bullet" I better trademark that quick.
    09-04-2016 04:48 PM
    I apparently get 25 bucks off of a new accessory if I select a new phone:

FREE VZW MSG: On September 2, 2016, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7 in response to an issue with the device's battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon has stopped selling the Galaxy Note7. Additionally, through September 30, 2016, Verizon is waiving the restocking fee. If you wish to return or exchange the device, please visit the store you purchased it from. When you return your Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and buy another smartphone you will get up to $25 off any accessory. Learn more at https://news.samsung.com/global/stat...n-galaxy-note7.
    I'll pass on that get up to $25 off of an accessory if I buy another smartphone. Lol. I only want the note 7.
    09-04-2016 04:49 PM
3,177 ... 1314151617 ...