10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    I returned my note today. Blah. The Verizon rep asked me if I heard when the new notes would be coming in. I said no clue. He said the consumer will probably know before they know at the store.
    and after all the FedEx stalking and stuff.
    09-04-2016 05:56 PM
    I thought they wouldn't have the new ones with good batteries until next week at the earliest? I wouldn't trade yet. That sounds like misinformation.

Is it just me or is this turn around extremly FAST ? Wasn't this like 2 million phones ? They are done overseas shipped here then in stores at the end of the week ODD
    09-04-2016 05:56 PM
    I'm not sure yet. Haven't seen a silver in person. The blue was weird. I couldn't get attached to it all. Now I'm stuck with two blue cases that match my old phone because I'm cheap.
    I went into Best Buy & Verizon today just to look at the Silver and even the display Note 7's have been removed and sent back to Samsung.

No luck seeing the Silver in person now.
    09-04-2016 05:59 PM
    Is it just me or is this turn around extremly FAST ? Wasn't this like 2 million phones ? They are done overseas shipped here then in stores at the end of the week ODD
    I agree. Even with Samsung's enormous production capabilities and impressive distribution network, it would be awfully impressive if this happens that quickly. I guess we will see, but I would urge all to be cautious, and treat all these timeframes as estimates. This is a first for everyone, including Samsung.
    09-04-2016 06:00 PM
    Something extremely fishy with this whole mess.
    09-04-2016 06:00 PM
    I agree. Even with Samsung's enormous production capabilities and impressive distribution network, it would be awfully impressive if this happens that quickly. I guess we will see, but I would urge all to be cautious, and treat all these timeframes as estimates. This is a first for everyone, including Samsung.
    It was mentioned they started new production the first of last week, before the recall was announced.

Phones are made and in hands in 72 hours in many cases. People can order colors of phones they want built. Parts have been made for months and there are boxes and boxes of parts. New batteries had to be made and a flight of phones can be here in 24 hours.

Many pre-order people had a phone that was made and in their hand in 7-10 days later.

Some of that time was being held to ship.
    09-04-2016 06:05 PM
    P
    I would contact the seller. Paypal always sides with the buyers in something like this. The seller sold you a defective phone that cannot be replaced through the recall except by the original owner. The fact that the seller didn't know the device was defective isn't a defense. They have to take it back. The only issue is who will pay for return shipping. I would pay for it as the buyer to avoid any hassles. You can ask the seller to and see what they say but I wouldn't waste time arguing over it.

I also wouldn't waste any more time contacting Verizon, just contact the seller.
    Contacted seller said it wasn't his problem PayPal sided with me told them what happened even emailed them the conversations me and seller been having. They escalated claim only problem is got to wait 2 weeks if buyer does not refund money or responed eBay will give me back money
    09-04-2016 06:10 PM
    P

Contacted seller said it wasn't his problem PayPal sided with me told them what happened even emailed them the conversations me and seller been having. They escalated claim only problem is got to wait 2 weeks if buyer does not refund money or responed eBay will give me back money
    And if that happens, maybe by that time Samsung will have figured out something for people that buy from individuals and you get a new phone free and the seller loses money, which they should.
    09-04-2016 06:12 PM
    P

I hope things get worked out for you
    09-04-2016 06:13 PM
    Got this text msg from Verizon.

FREE VZW MSG: On September 2, 2016, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7 in response to an issue with the device's battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon has stopped selling the Galaxy Note7. Additionally, through September 30, 2016, Verizon is waiving the restocking fee. If you wish to return or exchange the device, please visit the store you purchased it from. When you return your Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and buy another smartphone you will get up to $25 off any accessory. Learn more at https://news.samsung.com/global/stat...n-galaxy-note7.
    09-04-2016 06:15 PM
    I like silver. And yes, I did change phones because Deadpool and the Winter Soldier clashed horribly with the blue.

Never with the black or the silver.
    I have a great Christmas wallpaper that will go great with the blue.
    09-04-2016 06:16 PM
    My Note 7 was manufactured on 8/11 and in my hands in the US on 8/19

8 days is pretty quick if you ask me.
    09-04-2016 06:19 PM
    Kelly, what Christmas wallpaper is that. I love Christmas wallpaper and I have the coral blue Note
    09-04-2016 06:20 PM
    LOL, I'm not really a holidays person. Marvel is my go to.
    09-04-2016 06:21 PM

Really normal though for manufacturing.
    09-04-2016 06:22 PM

I see on the back of the phone where it was manufactured. Where do you find the date it was manufactured?
    09-04-2016 06:22 PM
    Kelly, what Christmas wallpaper is that. I love Christmas wallpaper and I have the coral blue Note
    I have two. Here you go!

And..
    09-04-2016 06:24 PM
    So pretty Kelly. Thank you!
    09-04-2016 06:27 PM
    I see on the back of the phone where it was manufactured. Where do you find the date it was manufactured?
    It might be on your box or you can install this app. It tells you a lot about your phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uyen.phoneinfo
    09-04-2016 06:31 PM
    All:

I am going to reiterate a previous post of mine (some of it anyway):

Please keep in mind that - as stated previously- at this early stage, you are very likely to get incomplete, conflicting, or incorrect info - from Verizon and Samsung too.

It really is not a bad idea to just wait until new Note 7's are in stock to ask about a Note-for-Note swap. You will be amazed at just how much better and consistent the information will be 1 week from now than it is today. It takes time for info to disseminate from the top down in Verizon and Samsung. It takes time for Samsung to get corrected phones to the stores as well. During the best of times, we get conflicting info from reps. During an unprecedented event, where much of this is being learned on the fly from VZW and Samsung, it is even more likely that we will get bad info at the earliest stages.

Of course we all want to know everything about the recall with Verizon right now. I do too. But sometimes it's best to just let the recall process take shape, let the processes get in place and disseminated to all parties. YMMV, but it is the approach I will be taking. We have until 9/30, so there is no rush at all for now ...
    Trust me, you dont have to preach to me. I got an email from Verizon saying to contact a store for more information. I called to see a timeframe of when they would be available. I knew it wasnt going to be today or tomorrow.
    09-04-2016 06:34 PM
    and after all the FedEx stalking and stuff.
    I know. It sucks. I'll be keeping an eye out for the new stock to come in.
    09-04-2016 06:36 PM
    I returned my note today. Blah. The Verizon rep asked me if I heard when the new notes would be coming in. I said no clue. He said the consumer will probably know before they know at the store.
    There's a lot of truth to that statement seems that is the way a lot of companies operate.
    09-04-2016 06:37 PM
    I am getting replacement coral blue within the next 10 days to 2 weeks according to my IT department who received word from our Verizon rep.

They will send me a box with the new device and I am going to send them my old device. I do not have to send my ear phones and charging cord back but was told it would come with those too!

Additionally I was told i might be able to register for ANOTHER Gear 2 or SD card. This might be a way for Samsung to make amends I guess.
    09-04-2016 06:39 PM
    I am sick of hearing about the recall. I have had several friends telling me "You know they are recalling those phones" I am going to wait a couple weeks and see what happens. I got that Verizon text also. I bought at best buy so depends on how they handle this. I am really happy with this phone. On top of everything I bought 2 Note 7's. My wife loves hers also. I have been monitoring the temp of battery while charging. 95 degrees on samsung wireless charger at the moment. Have an alarm to go off at 104, hope it doesn't go that high. Hasn't so far.
    How do you monitor the temperature?
    09-04-2016 06:42 PM
    So Samsung said call Verizon and automatically connected me. Nice but clueless customer service person said if you irdered on line as I did, Samsung would handle exchange. Samsung of course had said verizon would. Customer service rep said it would be at discretion of store manager if they processed exchange for those who ordered online. Then she got honest and said she had no idea and to call back end week. I just want to make sure i get my blue one back.
    09-04-2016 06:48 PM
3,177 ... 1516171819 ...