Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I was just online at MyVerizon.com and had a chat rep. She totally transferred my service back to my previous phone (they still had the sim and IMEI and all that on record) and Verizon is snail mailing me the shipping label to send my baby back to them for exchange. I'm happy with that. :p

I DON'T KNOW if that's Verizon's nationwide procedure for everyone who pre-ordered from MyVerizon.com, but that's how it's playing out for me.

Happy Dog, here.
Peace. Alan

Not sure how accurate it is, but when I called, Verizon told me that if I call on/after 20-Sept, they will mail me a new phone and once I've transferred my data, can mail back my old phone.

Evil Hamster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm new and did this wrong. I was under the impression that all current stock has to be sent back and the phones with the new batteries wouldn't be there until next week at the earliest. I believe your rep is misinformed. Personally I'm not trading until I know for sure they have new stock.

No not yet they aren't. Samsung is sending Verizon the affected IMEIs next week. No sales and no replacements are going to happen until then.

Call 611 and see if you get a different answer.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Not sure how accurate it is, but when I called, Verizon told me that if I call on/after 20-Sept, they will mail me a new phone and once I've transferred my data, can mail back my old phone.
Thanks, bertsirkin. That'd be ok with me too, but I've started a process now so I might stick with it. My Note 7 is all backed up anyway; I can still do a restore when I get the new one.. But I think that I'll start my new one clean since I know more about it now and how I want it set up.

Thanks again, man.
Peace. Alan.

larry1014

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I am sick of hearing about the recall. I have had several friends telling me "You know they are recalling those phones" I am going to wait a couple weeks and see what happens. I got that Verizon text also. I bought at best buy so depends on how they handle this. I am really happy with this phone. On top of everything I bought 2 Note 7's. My wife loves hers also. I have been monitoring the temp of battery while charging. 95 degrees on samsung wireless charger at the moment. Have an alarm to go off at 104, hope it doesn't go that high. Hasn't so far.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I thought they wouldn't have the new ones with good batteries until next week at the earliest? I wouldn't trade yet. That sounds like misinformation.
That info is directly from Samsung. Samsung said within two weeks, they had already started the production when the recall was announced.

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
That info is directly from Samsung. Samsung said within two weeks, they had already started the production when the recall was announced.

So then the guy who said his store has them in stock isn't getting one with a "good" battery. That was my point. I think he was told wrong info. I'm not trading until I know for sure I'm getting a phone from new stock. My phone isn't heating up. I can wait.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So then the guy who said his store has them in stock isn't getting one with a "good" battery. That was my point. I think he was told wrong info. I'm not trading until I know for sure I'm getting a phone from new stock. My phone isn't heating up. I can wait.
You know how carrier and even Samsung reps are. Carriers will let you know when it is time to exchange through something official.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I apparently get 25 bucks off of a new accessory if I select a new phone:

FREE VZW MSG: On September 2, 2016, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7 in response to an issue with the device's battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon has stopped selling the Galaxy Note7. Additionally, through September 30, 2016, Verizon is waiving the restocking fee. If you wish to return or exchange the device, please visit the store you purchased it from. When you return your Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and buy another smartphone you will get up to $25 off any accessory. Learn more at https://news.samsung.com/global/statement-on-galaxy-note7.

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I just called my corporate Verizon store and she said they will let us know when the new ones are in stock. I guess I'm going to wait a while until the bad stock clears. These stores better be sending these faulty units back to samsung.

Just received the same rext message listed in this thread from Verizon.

Called the (corporate) store where I purchased my beautiful black Note 7. The rep checked with their store manager and said they won't have the recall replacements in store until September 30 and I could bring it in that day or thereafter and swap out.

Loving this phone and plan on getting my second new Note 7 soon !!!

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I apparently get 25 bucks off of a new accessory if I select a new phone:

FREE VZW MSG: On September 2, 2016, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7 in response to an issue with the device's battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon has stopped selling the Galaxy Note7. Additionally, through September 30, 2016, Verizon is waiving the restocking fee. If you wish to return or exchange the device, please visit the store you purchased it from. When you return your Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and buy another smartphone you will get up to $25 off any accessory. Learn more at https://news.samsung.com/global/statement-on-galaxy-note7.

I'll pass on that get up to $25 off of an accessory if I buy another smartphone. Lol. I only want the note 7.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Just received the same rext message listed in this thread from Verizon.

Called the (corporate) store where I purchased my beautiful black Note 7. The rep checked with their store manager and said they won't have the recall replacements in store until September 30 and I could bring it in that day or thereafter and swap out.

Loving this phone and plan on getting my second new Note 7 soon !!!
But I thought the last day WAS the 30th?

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
But I thought the last day WAS the 30th?

As did I - when he said the phones would be available on the 30th, I'm thinking what if I can't get there that day, so asked if the restocking fee would be waived after the 30th, and he said yes because it is a recall.

I can't imagine they would charge a restocong fee at anytime time within a reasonable time frame.

I'm sure much of this information may change as the messaging gets clarified and procedures and time frames are accurately communicatd down the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar