10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    My only concern at the moment is if everyone's local carriers will have enough stock to cover not only in store purchases, but also people who pre-ordered online.
    I was told by a Verizon phone rep (you can take this with a grain of salt!) that they will have the phones for exchange on the 20th, but will not start selling new phones until the 30th. So, theoretically, you'll be able to swap phones between the 20th and 30th, when there won't be any "retail" sales.
    09-04-2016 09:37 PM
    Seller does not have to refund unless you return the phone. So the phone is going to have to be returned. I would tell paypal that you are willing to return the phone to the seller at your cost but the seller is refusing the return.

The phone is defective and has been recalled and only the original owner can participate in the recall exchange program. I am sure that paypal will side with you but you have to return the phone to get a refund. You should be covered by paypal's buyer protection.

Also, I thought you bought from swappa not ebay?
    I can't believe that the ones that bought from swappa or eBay can't go direct thru Samsung for the recall. The phone is a note 7, Samsung should take care of any recall if the customer chooses to go directly thru Samsung, or Samsung should tell the carriers to take all phones back irregardless if bought thru third party, the phone was sold thru the carrier in the first place and the carrier has someone under contract. The main objective is to get the phones off the street, and I'm sure Samsung is paying the carriers to handle the recall.

I can possibly see third party buyers can only do the exchange, as if there were no recall there would be no option of returning anyway. Buying third party is risky, if your not saving $200 or more not worth it, have no return option because you don't like it, and the biggie, you lose your warranty since it wasn't purchased thru your account.
    09-04-2016 09:53 PM
    I can't believe that the ones that bought from swappa or eBay can't go direct thru Samsung for the recall. The phone is a note 7, Samsung should take care of any recall if the customer chooses to go directly thru Samsung,
    That may be the ultimate outcome, but right now Samsung is saying return to where you purchased the phone. I would force the seller to take the phone back. Let the seller deal with this.
    09-04-2016 09:55 PM
    I can possibly see third party buyers can only do the exchange,
    There is ZERO chance that a buyer who purchased off of ebay or swappa will get a refund through a carrier. Zero.
    09-04-2016 09:56 PM
    you lose your warranty since it wasn't purchased thru your account.
    You don't really lose your warranty though. You lose your ability to have Verizon handle the warranty service. You likely can still go through many manufacturers maybe all of them. For sure Apple, LG and Motorola. Not sure about HTC and Samsung though.
    09-04-2016 09:59 PM
    You don't really lose your warranty though. You lose your ability to have Verizon handle the warranty service. You likely can still go through many manufacturers maybe all of them. For sure Apple, LG and Motorola. Not sure about HTC and Samsung though.
    your right. You lose it thru Verizon, don't know about the other carriers. With Verizon you would have to go thru Samsung, which biggest downfall doing that is they don't exchange, you have to send it in.
    09-04-2016 10:01 PM
    So even if though there is nothing wrong with my current phone, I should still turn it in for the new one?!!!!!
    09-04-2016 10:02 PM
    So even if though there is nothing wrong with my current phone, I should still turn it in for the new one?!!!!!
    You have no way of knowing whether or not there is a defective battery in your device that will explode. So yeah, exchange it.
    09-04-2016 10:04 PM
    They're not recalling 2 million phones because they feel a great need to throw away close to $2 billion!

There are 2 reasons why you should:

1) Your phone MAY explode at some point (the main reason); and
    2) You'll never be able to sell a phone with a compromised battery (the IMEI will give it away as a "bad" phone).
    09-04-2016 10:10 PM
    I've been overseas for work so I'm late to the game in buying a note 7. I'm back and I went to a corporate store today to look at the phone and ask when they would get new stock for me to purchase. They didn't have any note 7s on display and have sent back all their old stock. They expect to have the new stock next week and maybe end of the week at the earliest...
    09-04-2016 10:41 PM
    My only concern at the moment is if everyone's local carriers will have enough stock to cover not only in store purchases, but also people who pre-ordered online.
    09-04-2016 10:44 PM
    I've been overseas for work so I'm late to the game in buying a note 7. I'm back and I went to a corporate store today to look at the phone and ask when they would get new stock for me to purchase. They didn't have any note 7s on display and have sent back all their old stock. They expect to have the new stock next week and maybe end of the week at the earliest...
    could be awhile, sounds like they are going to replace current note 7s before selling to new customers.

09-04-2016 10:46 PM
    could be awhile, sounds like they are going to replace current note 7s before selling to new customers.
    It will be interesting to see if the replacement phones come in retail packaging with all of the accessories or if you will just be able to exchange your phone for another phone like what happens at Apple when you do a warranty exchange.
    09-04-2016 10:49 PM
    Could it be why they're trying to get the phones here as quick as possible is because the V20 and Iphone coming out soon?
    09-04-2016 11:02 PM
    The fact that nothing has been said about online customers has been frustrating though.
    Well i bought online and was told )like many others here) by a corporate store i can bring it to them and i made sure they knew i got it online.
    09-05-2016 12:29 AM
    A Verizon corporate store is one that says Verizon wireless and sits in its own building right. Authorised retailers are places like best buy right?
    09-05-2016 12:39 AM
    A Verizon corporate store is one that says Verizon wireless and sits in its own building right. Authorised retailers are places like best buy right?
    They say authorized or premium retailer usually below the Verizon wireless sign.
    09-05-2016 12:43 AM
    They say authorized or premium retailer usually below the Verizon wireless sign.
    Ok thanks. Picture just says attached images
    09-05-2016 12:48 AM
    Hopefully we get more information this week in regards to online customers and the timeframe to exchange a GN7 for a GN7.
    09-05-2016 12:50 AM
    No Best Buy is a 3rd party retailer. Verizon Authorized and Premium Retailers look deceptively like Verizon corporate stores but they are franchises.
    09-05-2016 12:52 AM
    No Best Buy is a 3rd party retailer. Verizon Authorized and Premium Retailers look deceptively like Verizon corporate stores but they are franchises.
    Thanks. I just looked up a corporate store and dang it like 5 hours away. So I guess the store i usually go to is a authorized or premium store. I know I'll have to wait and see or call this store that i usually deal with to see if they will take it back and give me a new one when available. If they won't cause i preordered it then i guess I'm going to have to do thru mail cause I ain't driving 5 hours to a corporate store lol.
    09-05-2016 01:02 AM
    Thanks. I just looked up a corporate store and dang it like 5 hours away. So I guess the store i usually go to is a authorized or premium store. I know I'll have to wait and see or call this store that i usually deal with to see if they will take it back and give me a new one when available. If they won't cause i preordered it then i guess I'm going to have to do thru mail cause I ain't driving 5 hours to a corporate store lol.
    I would wait until after the holiday to call.
    09-05-2016 01:26 AM
    Yea I bought it thru swappa, if I said ebay I apologize. Like i said I called Samsung and Verizon got same answer both said they couldn't help me I was on the phone like 45mins staking my claim it's a global recall shouldn't matter how you got it. Contacted seller thru swappa the sellers page where also the admin chimed in and read there policy that was also the case said it was sellers best interested to refund money. Seller said he would refund money but send phone 1st. Admin of swappa said to file a claim thru PayPal to protect myself so I contacted PayPal told them sceniro they said I'm covered my disputed claim excluated to a claim. Seller has 14 days to respond if no response when he responds I'll send phone back with tracking give tracking to PayPal I'll get money back if no response in 14 days I keep phone and still get money back.
    09-05-2016 06:17 AM
    Yea I bought it thru swappa, if I said ebay I apologize. Like i said I called Samsung and Verizon got same answer both said they couldn't help me I was on the phone like 45mins staking my claim it's a global recall shouldn't matter how you got it. Contacted seller thru swappa the sellers page where also the admin chimed in and read there policy that was also the case said it was sellers best interested to refund money. Seller said he would refund money but send phone 1st. Admin of swappa said to file a claim thru PayPal to protect myself so I contacted PayPal told them sceniro they said I'm covered my disputed claim excluated to a claim. Seller has 14 days to respond if no response when he responds I'll send phone back with tracking give tracking to PayPal I'll get money back if no response in 14 days I keep phone and still get money back.
    I would also require a signature when you send that package, and make sure you pay for $900 of insurance, if it gets damaged or lost in shipping it will be back on you, specially if it gets lost. And don't waste time sending the phone back and at least use priority shipping so seller has the option of returning the phone if they wish to do that route.

And remember the seller needs the box and everything that was in the box. Just trying to point out things that will help make this smooth transaction. PayPal won't payout if seller can prove you didn't send everything back or its damaged.

All this crap could be avoided if Samsung would just handle the recalls like this one. I know in future I won't buy or sale a new released phone thru third parties like swappa or eBay.
    09-05-2016 07:19 AM
    I'm just wondering if these "New" Note 7's will be nothing more then the original stock (returned by carriers) that has been ripped open and the battery swapped out by Samsung?

I sure don't want a refurbished POS that I paid $850. for.
    09-05-2016 08:15 AM
3,177 ... 1718192021 ...