Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenplumber

May 29, 2016
Visit site
I cracked my screen a lil bit today, hope I don't have any problems trading it. I definitely want another n7 in blue , I love this phone

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
OK, I read the main article on this but I'm still a little confused. Are ALL the Note 7's being recalled? And right now there's not an ETA on when the corrected phones will be available, correct? I like my Note 7 and just want the fixed version.
Right now the plan is the new phones will be ready to send out in two weeks. They started working on them last week.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to wait a few days/week until all the information is out and we have a better idea what options are available. Best for me would be to walk in my local corporate store and swap my current device for a new one. Anything short of this will really be a disappointment.

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with my phone. No over heating or anything yet so I guess I wait until I can swap for a new N7? I don't want a different phone.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Adding the the confusion, or maybe clarifying it, is this just now from Samsung:

Samsung Establishes U.S. Product Exchange Program for Galaxy Note7

“Samsung is taking a proactive approach to address customer needs around the Note7,” said Tim Baxter, president of Samsung Electronics America. “We are encouraging customers to exchange their Note7 by taking advantage of our Product Exchange Program. The safety and satisfaction of our customers is Samsung’s top priority.”
The U.S. Product Exchange Program will offer consumers the following choices:
1. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (available next week)
2. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.

As a gesture of appreciation, consumers will receive a $25 gift card or bill credit from select carrier retail outlets when choosing a Galaxy S7 family device or the Galaxy Note 7 within the exchange program.
Galaxy Note7 owners can contact or visit the retail outlet where they purchased their device or call 1-800-SAMSUNG to initiate a product exchange and to resolve any other questions or concerns.

Kermy

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Just went to the Verizon store. Said I could return the phone and get another one but ugh...nothing in the store looks as good as the Note 7.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
This is only day one of the announcement, just be patient, all the details will surface, no need to stress over what if. For now, enjoy your working note 7 and enjoy labor day weekend, not much more will come out till next Tuesday anyway, maybe Monday from Samsung.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I spoke with a Verizon associate on the phone. The recall is voluntary and you have until September 30th to return your phone for the recall. She told me that, I can hang on to my phone until the new units arrive and then return it thru the recall. So that's what I'm going to do.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
So next week I will get a new n7 and $25 for my time of completely restoring it to the way I like with all my stuff put back togethet like humpty.

I do love this phone so I can't see going a different way. I am not an apple guy, at all, windows is a joke, htc10 looks decent enough but seems like a step back, s7 and s7e are not a cheap enough option to take for less then the n7, lg g5 is conceptually a nice phone but the battery compartment doesn't sit 100% flush and that would drive me nuts. Did I miss anything. Verizon doesn't offer any of the exotics everyone talks about. Oneplus3, Hawaii, ZTE. I did not like the moto, to thin. Sony, blackberry, nope.

So it's the n7. I just hope the new one is as promised.

So should I stick with the silver? Or go black?

catloverplayer

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
My concern about this is I'm going to want to transfer my stuff from my Note 7 to the new Note 7 with smart switch.

Also I bet it will be first come first serve in Verizon Stores once the new Note 7s arrive.

Also I wonder if we'll be able to get the color we want. I have the coral blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000