10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 1234 ...
tools
    Would I still get the gift card b if I buy the phone outright lol.
    Unfortunately, no. If I'm reading it right it's DPP and 2 year contracts.
    09-02-2016 05:46 PM
    I'm going to wait a few days/week until all the information is out and we have a better idea what options are available. Best for me would be to walk in my local corporate store and swap my current device for a new one. Anything short of this will really be a disappointment.
    09-02-2016 06:13 PM
    I haven't had any issues with my phone. No over heating or anything yet so I guess I wait until I can swap for a new N7? I don't want a different phone.
    09-02-2016 06:28 PM
    It took me forEVER to set up this phone I am almost ready take a risk and not send in my note
    09-02-2016 06:30 PM
    Adding the the confusion, or maybe clarifying it, is this just now from Samsung:

Samsung Establishes U.S. Product Exchange Program for Galaxy Note7

“Samsung is taking a proactive approach to address customer needs around the Note7,” said Tim Baxter, president of Samsung Electronics America. “We are encouraging customers to exchange their Note7 by taking advantage of our Product Exchange Program. The safety and satisfaction of our customers is Samsung’s top priority.”
    The U.S. Product Exchange Program will offer consumers the following choices:
    1. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (available next week)
    2. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.

As a gesture of appreciation, consumers will receive a $25 gift card or bill credit from select carrier retail outlets when choosing a Galaxy S7 family device or the Galaxy Note 7 within the exchange program.
    Galaxy Note7 owners can contact or visit the retail outlet where they purchased their device or call 1-800-SAMSUNG to initiate a product exchange and to resolve any other questions or concerns.
    09-02-2016 06:35 PM
    I wonder if that is just for people that ordered direct..
    09-02-2016 06:37 PM
    Just went to the Verizon store. Said I could return the phone and get another one but ugh...nothing in the store looks as good as the Note 7.
    09-02-2016 06:42 PM
    I've been waiting for this phone since January. No way in hell I'm accepting anything less than a Note 7.
    09-02-2016 06:56 PM
    This is only day one of the announcement, just be patient, all the details will surface, no need to stress over what if. For now, enjoy your working note 7 and enjoy labor day weekend, not much more will come out till next Tuesday anyway, maybe Monday from Samsung.
    09-02-2016 07:03 PM
    I wonder if that is just for people that ordered direct..
    Yeah, I'm curious if it applies to Verizon.
    09-02-2016 07:17 PM
    Yeah, I'm curious if it applies to Verizon.
    It looks like from reading it that you can go through Samsung USA if you want.
    09-02-2016 07:21 PM
    I spoke with a Verizon associate on the phone. The recall is voluntary and you have until September 30th to return your phone for the recall. She told me that, I can hang on to my phone until the new units arrive and then return it thru the recall. So that's what I'm going to do.
    09-02-2016 07:50 PM
    So next week I will get a new n7 and $25 for my time of completely restoring it to the way I like with all my stuff put back togethet like humpty.

I do love this phone so I can't see going a different way. I am not an apple guy, at all, windows is a joke, htc10 looks decent enough but seems like a step back, s7 and s7e are not a cheap enough option to take for less then the n7, lg g5 is conceptually a nice phone but the battery compartment doesn't sit 100% flush and that would drive me nuts. Did I miss anything. Verizon doesn't offer any of the exotics everyone talks about. Oneplus3, Hawaii, ZTE. I did not like the moto, to thin. Sony, blackberry, nope.

So it's the n7. I just hope the new one is as promised.

So should I stick with the silver? Or go black?
    09-02-2016 08:01 PM
    My concern about this is I'm going to want to transfer my stuff from my Note 7 to the new Note 7 with smart switch.

Also I bet it will be first come first serve in Verizon Stores once the new Note 7s arrive.

Also I wonder if we'll be able to get the color we want. I have the coral blue.
    09-02-2016 08:01 PM
    I've been waiting for this phone since January. No way in hell I'm accepting anything less than a Note 7.
    Your going to love this phone. I have the Note 7 and love mine. The display is beautiful and it has so many features.
    09-02-2016 08:06 PM
    I'm going to hold out and see what happens. Our two phones, mine and my sons don't seem to have issues. Battery performance has actually seemed to get better and leveled off since activating the phone.

I'm hoping that if the recall extends to the U.S., we'll be able to either walk in a exchange the phone or have a replacement shipped and the recalled phone sent back as if it were a warranty claim.

Thats where I think those of us that ordered or pre-orderd through our carriers might have a slight advantage. They can ship us a brand new phone and if we don't send back the recalled unit, they can charge our accounts. I don't think people who ordered direct from Samsung or other stores would be able to do that since there would be no recourse if the recalled unit is never returned.

I also have a feeling that these recalled phones won't be refurbished, but destroyed. Phones that are returned for various other reasons is a small percentage compared to this. I'm pretty sure most if not all of the manufacturing process is automated. But I have a feeling that most if not all of the refurbishment process is manual. That's a lot of man power and time to refurbish this number of phones. It doesn't seem cost efficient. We may pay nearly $1000 for these phones, but it doesn't cost Samsung anywhere near that in parts and labor to get one out the door.
    09-02-2016 08:07 PM
    I'm going to hold out and see what happens. Our two phones, mine and my sons don't seem to have issues. Battery performance has actually seemed to get better and leveled off since activating the phone.

I'm hoping that if the recall extends to the U.S., we'll be able to either walk in a exchange the phone or have a replacement shipped and the recalled phone sent back as if it were a warranty claim.
    The recall is here, it is for all Note 7's.
    09-02-2016 08:10 PM
    Your going to love this phone. I have the Note 7 and love mine. The display is beautiful and it has so many features.
    Oh, I have it. Since day 1. I'm saying that Verizon is not going to convince me to take a different model/phone.
    09-02-2016 08:14 PM
    Ok I have Verizon and I am confused as to what exactly is supposed to be wrong with my Note 7. Mine got so hot during setup it hurt to touch it, but has not gotten that hot since. I have recorded 4k videos out the ying yang. How do you know if your Note 7 has the battery that blows? Where do I find the info as to where mine was made?
    09-02-2016 08:19 PM
    I wonder if there's some kind of list to get on? Or do I call everyday or stop by everyday to see if there in? I was hoping I could call and let them know then they could call me when in
    09-02-2016 08:21 PM
    Ok I have Verizon and I am confused as to what exactly is supposed to be wrong with my Note 7. Mine got so hot during setup it hurt to touch it, but has not gotten that hot since. I have recorded 4k videos out the ying yang. How do you know if your Note 7 has the battery that blows? Where do I find the info as to where mine was made?
    It doesn't matter where it was made. Samsung said all Notes need to be replaced.
    09-02-2016 08:22 PM
    the fine american helper at samsung said the following:
    Sindhusree P: Hello Peter.
    Sindhusree P: Your safety is our number one priority. We have launched a U.S. Product Exchange Program for Note7 owners in which we are offering Note7 owners the opportunity to exchange your Note7 for a Galaxy S7, a Galaxy S7edge or a new Note7 (available next week). We encourage you to take advantage of the program and if you choose to switch out your device for a Galaxy S7 or a Galaxy S7edge, we will also refund you for the difference between devices. As a gesture of our appreciation, if you choose to participate in the U.S. Product Exchange Program, we will also be giving you a $25 gift card, in-store credit or bill credit from you carrier. While there have been only a small number of reported incidents, we realize that you may be concerned and we are doing everything we can to provide you with support.
    09-02-2016 08:29 PM
    So I called 1-800-SAMSUNG to initiate a product exchange and the lady I spoke with said there isn't a recall and that Samsung is just looking into it. :/
    09-02-2016 08:30 PM
    So I called 1-800-SAMSUNG to initiate a product exchange and the lady I spoke with said there isn't a recall and that Samsung is just looking into it. :/
    you got lied to
    09-02-2016 08:34 PM
    Lets Make everything Clear to stop any confusion?

Is the new note 7 (fixed battery issue coming next week?

Is it coming with $25 gift card?
    09-02-2016 08:38 PM
3,177 1234 ...