10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    Was this info from Verizon or Samsung? Whenever I contact Verizon they say they have no idea when the phones will be in. TIA!
    This is the link. Question number 5. And I doubt Samsung or the carrier have a clue as to when they will be sold again, it's a waiting game.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=1AUImYnx
    09-05-2016 02:07 PM
    Correct, these will be refurbished with new batteries and sold as refurbs.
    Got a source link?

No one knows what Samsung is going to do with those phones, not even Samsung yet.
    09-05-2016 02:07 PM
    This is the link. Question number 5. And I doubt Samsung or the carrier have a clue as to when they will be sold again, it's a waiting game.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=VUuN6t85
    Samsung said in the beginning the new phones would be ready in about two weeks. Seems they started manufacturing before the recall was announced. Making 500K phones in one day is done all the time.
    09-05-2016 02:09 PM
    How do you monitor the temperature?
    there are several apps in the Playstore.
    09-05-2016 02:09 PM
    Samsung said in the beginning the new phones would be ready in about two weeks. Seems they started manufacturing before the recall was announced. Making 500K phones in one day is done all the time.
    I know. We are talking about when new customers will be able to buy them, according to the questions they plan on taking care of the recall first. But I'm sure it will be a mess.
    09-05-2016 02:11 PM
    I know. We are talking about when new customers will be able to buy them, according to the questions they plan on taking care of the recall first. But I'm sure it will be a mess.
    I'm sure it will be very soon also. I'm sure the recalls will get taken care of quickly, and sales right away also.
    09-05-2016 02:14 PM
    I'm sure it will be very soon also. I'm sure the recalls will get taken care of quickly, and sales right away also.
    I am sure it will be to. I would think that they want these back on the shelves before the new iPhones get there.
    09-05-2016 02:15 PM
    I was in best buy today talking to the rep. He said they are getting the new stock in at the end of this week. Stated that customers who want to swap will be served first. Then the rest of the public afterwards.
    09-05-2016 02:18 PM
    I was in best buy today talking to the rep. He said they are getting the new stock in at the end of this week. Stated that customers who want to swap will be served first. Then the rest of the public afterwards.
    Interesting that Best Buy would receive new phones before the corporate Verizon stores, at least the one I purchased my Note 7 from.

My store said they would not (even) receive the new phones until Sept 30
    09-05-2016 02:25 PM
    Got a source link?
    My brain + common sense combined with knowledge of the industry. Seriously, anyone who doubts this has no understanding at all of this industry. I do though.
    09-05-2016 02:29 PM
    Interesting that Best Buy would receive new phones before the corporate Verizon stores, at least the one I purchased my Note 7 from.

Maybe he was wrong? I hope it's sooner than later though. I hate the phone I'm using now.
    09-05-2016 02:33 PM
    Yours is the only report of that late of a date. All other corporate stores and 3rd party retailers are saying much sooner than that. I think the rep you spoke to didn't know what they were talking about.
    09-05-2016 03:09 PM
    I am sure it will be to. I would think that they want these back on the shelves before the new iPhones get there.
    Not sure if they can do that, but possible. Even if not the same day then next week would be good.
    09-05-2016 03:19 PM
    My only thing is that it's not my fault the phone is recalled, I could live with the cracked screen til asuron has the new note 7 in stock. We shall see
    My friend works at Verizon and they won't take the phone back if it is damaged, even if there is a recall.
    09-05-2016 03:19 PM

I don't think they are giving your correct info. All carriers have been saying probably starting next week.
    09-05-2016 03:20 PM
    My brain + common sense combined with knowledge of the industry. Seriously, anyone who doubts this has no understanding at all of this industry. I do though.
    Yeah I have knowledge and the risk is too great IMO. My point is, we can speculate, there is a thread for that in fact, but no one KNOWS what they will do with these phones.
    09-05-2016 03:21 PM
    Was on the phone with them this morning. Seems like as early as friday too as late as next friday to carriers.
    09-05-2016 03:22 PM
    My friend works at Verizon and they won't take the phone back if it is damaged, even if there is a recall.
    What if the button just isnt working?

Also warranty.
    09-05-2016 03:23 PM
    What if the button just isnt working?

Also warranty.
    I think that will change for the stores that are refusing. Samsung is taking them back and I expect Verizon corporate will inform stores they are also.

I think many reps are still relying on how it normally is. This isn't normal.
    09-05-2016 03:28 PM
    I think that will change for the stores that are refusing. Samsung is taking them back and I expect Verizon corporate will inform stores they are also.

I think many reps are still relying on how it normally is. This isn't normal.
    I would think it will change as well especially if it happens within the 30th.
    09-05-2016 03:31 PM
    I would think it will change as well especially if it happens within the 30th.
    I haven't seen an official statement from Verizon that they can't be damaged, I think it is likely a few reps are assuming. I have seen other carriers not worried about it because they have no reason to worry.. They aren't out any money. Samsung is replacing even damaged ones.
    09-05-2016 03:34 PM
    I haven't seen an official statement from Verizon that they can't be damaged, I think it is likely a few reps are assuming. I have seen other carriers not worried about it because they have no reason to worry.. They aren't out any money. Samsung is replacing even damaged ones.
    Exactly. BTW verizon reps are clueless right now.

Hoping my button is fixed on its own. Might reset to factory settings if it keeps bothering me. Just won't stop waking itself up.
    09-05-2016 03:37 PM
    Yeah I have knowledge
    If you think these phones aren't going to get refurbished with new batteries, you don't have any understanding at all of this industry.
    09-05-2016 03:42 PM
    If you think these phones aren't going to get refurbished with new batteries, you don't have any understanding at all of this industry.
    Again, we have a thread for this convo. This is OT of the recall thread.
    09-05-2016 03:48 PM
    I know this is a bad cell in the battery issue but should we be fast charging still or just regular? My phone only gets warm, not hot, but now I'm paranoid. I hope replacements get here soon. I love this phone. I also read that the affected phones were all blue, which I have. But I also heard there were 0 cases in the United States. I just wish there were more details or suggestions on if the phone is safe until we can trade it in. I don't really understand battery cells enough to know if they just go or if there are signs. I hate this. I also don't know how to work a fire extinguisher so I'm charging in my sink. Lol.
    09-05-2016 04:51 PM
3,177 ... 1920212223 ...