10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    I've turned off fast charge just to be safe and keeps temps down...A poster just posted a picture of a phone that blew on a demo case at a tmobile store in Missouri
    09-05-2016 04:54 PM
    I also read that the affected phones were all blue,
    No, there are pictures of black ones too.
    09-05-2016 04:56 PM
    My friend works at Verizon and they won't take the phone back if it is damaged, even if there is a recall.
    Yeah , that makes no sense, you're friend is mistaken. It's a Total recall! There taking them all back!
    09-05-2016 04:57 PM
    They said one blew up in Massachusetts too but it wasn't a note 7.
    09-05-2016 04:58 PM
    I know this is a bad cell in the battery issue but should we be fast charging still or just regular? My phone only gets warm, not hot, but now I'm paranoid. I hope replacements get here soon. I love this phone. I also read that the affected phones were all blue, which I have. But I also heard there were 0 cases in the United States. I just wish there were more details or suggestions on if the phone is safe until we can trade it in. I don't really understand battery cells enough to know if they just go or if there are signs. I hate this. I also don't know how to work a fire extinguisher so I'm charging in my sink. Lol.
    This is my personal view. My Note 7 didn't make it before the recall.

If it had, I would have turned it off, boxed it up and would be using my back up phone right now.
    09-05-2016 05:10 PM
    I would go back to my note 4 but I sent it in as Verizon offered $200 for it. So I'm kinda stuck unless I want to trade. I'd rather just exchange for the good ones when they come in. But the more I read, the more I overthink.
    09-05-2016 05:20 PM
    I would go back to my note 4 but I sent it in as Verizon offered $200 for it. So I'm kinda stuck unless I want to trade. I'd rather just exchange for the good ones when they come in. But the more I read, the more I overthink.
    There is also the option of buying a cheap prepaid phone from Walmart, Best Buy or Target. You can seriously get a smartphone cheap, especially today with sales. You can likely come out with one under $20. Just pop your SIM card in. I think Best Buy has Verizon pre-paid phones.
    09-05-2016 05:31 PM
    TL;DR so this may be repetitive...but I just talked to a Verizon store employee at an actual Verizon store AND a Samsung expert (at Best Buy). Both said the same thing...it is not a "recall". If a customer wants to return the phone they can, they can then buy something else. If they keep the phone Samsung will be giving them $25 to spend on accessories. Both were adamant nothing has happened in the states and that the issues are because of the difference in charge between us and "not us". Also they claimed third party chargers were used.

It seems either there is some back pedaling going on somewhere or it's still just one big mass of confusion (or perhaps a bit of both).
    09-05-2016 05:38 PM
    I for one would want the "new box for old box". Just like a refurbished device you may get from a warranty claim - they usually just send the device and that no longer matches the label on the box. I keep everything with my devices in anticipation of resell. If the IMEI of the device doesn't match the box - red flag.
    I'm not comfortable with any of this. I better get brand new for brand new when I exchange this phone.
    I'll be on high alert.
    09-05-2016 05:40 PM
    From this point on, until I receive my replacement N7, I'll be rocking this faulty battery N7 FULLY NAKED!!!!
    Let us know how that bad boy holds up?
    09-05-2016 05:43 PM
    TL;DR so this may be repetitive...but I just talked to a Verizon store employee at an actual Verizon store AND a Samsung expert (at Best Buy). Both said the same thing...it is not a "recall". If a customer wants to return the phone they can, they can then buy something else. If they keep the phone Samsung will be giving them $25 to spend on accessories. Both were adamant nothing has happened in the states and that the issues are because of the difference in charge between us and "not us". Also they claimed third party chargers were used.

It seems either there is some back pedaling going on somewhere or it's still just one big mass of confusion (or perhaps a bit of both).
    You aren't getting good info.

It is a voluntary recall, those happen in business.

They have zero knowledge to where all the phones are located. Samsung isn't releasing that and I guarantee low level employees do not know where they were located. What we do know from Samsung is they were from around the world, they told us that.

Also Samsung was clear, 35 cases of exploding phones, 24 were faulty battery cells. So 11 weren't due to that, those may or may not have been a third party charger, Samsung didn't release that info.
    09-05-2016 05:43 PM
    I'm not comfortable with any of this. I better get brand new for brand new when I exchange this phone.
    I'll be on high alert.
    I'm sure you will get brand new just like in the store.
    09-05-2016 05:44 PM
    SAME.
    Let me know how those black coated edges hold up?
    Maybe whack it once or twice on the black edges and report back.
    09-05-2016 05:45 PM
    http://bgr.com/2016/09/05/galaxy-note-7-recall-cost/. Which also means they are shipping brand new devices
    09-05-2016 05:48 PM
    I'll be on high alert.
    Exactly!!
    09-05-2016 05:49 PM

I think there's a certain strategy to how Samsung has announced the "voluntary recall". In the US, typically, companies have to go through consumer agency groups for official recalls. In those cases there are certain protocols that need to be followed and the Note 7 would be banned until certain things are met. This is why there hasn't been like an official recall that we normally see for other products. Samsung is circumventing the process by doing it this way I believe to get the devices back out to people faster, get the unsafe devices off the street and beat the iPhone 7. It will be interesting to see if there is any backlash at some point by authorities in how Samsung handled this recall.
    09-05-2016 05:51 PM
    Galaxy Note 7 recall cost for Samsung tipped to be around $1 billion | BGR. Which also means they are shipping brand new devices
    You can't believe anything from BGR.
    09-05-2016 05:51 PM
    Correct, these will be refurbished with new batteries and sold as refurbs.
    Sure they will! They will go through the devices and the ones that aren't subjected to the bad batteries will be refurbished and resold.

Got a source link?

No one knows what Samsung is going to do with those phones, not even Samsung yet.
    Sure they do. No way (from a business stand point) they won't salvage what they can. Heck, they can even use all new batteries in 2.5 million devices and resell as refurbished. After all - the recall is voluntary.
    09-05-2016 05:52 PM
    I went to Verizon to look at the S7E....but I couldn't do it. I'll keep this one until I can swap one for one. There isn't anything out there at this point that can beat the N7.
    09-05-2016 05:55 PM
    That's funny. Because I went into my local Verizon store today. I was told the same thing I was told on the phones. They are looking to have them in by the end of the week. And that I had until the 30th to get in a exchange it for the new one. Also told me I should hang on to my phone until they have them in Stock if I planned to exchange for another note 7
    09-05-2016 05:57 PM
    Sure they will! They will go through the devices and the ones that aren't subjected to the bad batteries will be refurbished and resold.

Sure they do. No way (from a business stand point) they won't salvage what they can. Heck, they can even use all new batteries in 2.5 million devices and resell as refurbished. After all - the recall is voluntary.
    The most expensive part in the phone is like $60.

Also there is more to consider than a dollar figure when making these decisions. I happen to disagree they will put these phones whole on the market, the lawsuit risk is too great.

None of us know what they will do with them because phones recalled for a safety issue are a huge lawsuit liability.

None of us know what they will do with them.
    09-05-2016 06:01 PM
    The most expensive part in the phone is like $60.
    2.5 million devices times 60 beans is a cool 150 million. Piece mill them and save the cash. This recall is gonna cost them dearly but why make it worse.
    09-05-2016 06:07 PM
    2.5 million devices times 60 beans is a cool 150 million. Piece mill them and save the cash. This recall is gonna cost them dearly but why make it worse.
    And I'm a broke as a church mouse over here.
    09-05-2016 06:08 PM
    That's funny. Because I went into my local Verizon store today. I was told the same thing I was told on the phones. They are looking to have them in by the end of the week. And that I had until the 30th to get in a exchange it for the new one. Also told me I should hang on to my phone until they have them in Stock if I planned to exchange for another note 7
    They must have sent out the same speel to all the stores as that's what this guy said too.
    09-05-2016 06:10 PM
    Ok last comment, we have a thread for this subject.

Factories have ways to recycle and get their money back.
    09-05-2016 06:22 PM
3,177 ... 2021222324 ...