10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    During charging my battery is only getting around 96 degrees. Not too bad I wouldnt think. Not sure what it is getting during discharge though lol.
    09-05-2016 07:26 PM
    Without knowing if these phone will simply be refurbished or new, I will just return mine for full refund and wait until the iPhone announcement. I don't think the new iPhone would be nowhere near as good as the note 7 is but there are just to many ifs at this moment.
    09-05-2016 07:48 PM
    Without knowing if these phone will simply be refurbished or new, I will just return mine for full refund and wait until the iPhone announcement. I don't think the new iPhone would be nowhere near as good as the note 7 is but there are just to many ifs at this moment.
    The phones will be new that you get to replace, that has never, ever been a question.
    09-05-2016 08:01 PM
    The phones will be new that you get to replace, that has never, ever been a question.
    To be sure, I too will return the entire phone in tbe old box in one transaction and buy the new phone in a new box to be sure the phone I receive is brand new and not refurbished.
    09-05-2016 08:14 PM
    To be sure, I too will return the entire phone in tbe old box in one transaction and buy the new phone in a new box to be sure the phone I receive is brand new and not refurbished.
    They are making the phones as we speak. Samsung said, we will replace your phones with new ones.

It's is out there, it is official and Samsung isn't going to play around.
    09-05-2016 08:20 PM
    Giving refurbished devices to people that just spent close to a 1,000 dollars wouldn't be the smartest choice for Samsung. The consumer is already questioning the brand and their products. I'm sure they wouldn't want more backlash. They'll give us brand new devices because that's the smart business move in this particular situation.
    09-05-2016 08:26 PM
    Just got this email from Samsung. I'm guessing many of you have gotten it or will soon.
    09-05-2016 08:47 PM
    Just received one as well.
    09-05-2016 09:04 PM
    Just got this email from Samsung. I'm guessing many of you have gotten it or will soon.
    Yep. Just got it as well.
    09-05-2016 09:13 PM
    Guess they're sending out the mass communication now. Note how they make sure to frame it as not a recall but an "exchange program". They need to tread carefully with that language to avoid government hassle. I love lawyers and publicists lol.
    09-05-2016 09:17 PM
    Yep. Just got it as well.

And just do we do with it? Call the carrier. ?
    09-05-2016 09:17 PM
    What if the button just isnt working?

Also warranty.
    I'm talking about physical damage. Like you dropped the phone and cracked your screen.
    09-05-2016 09:28 PM
    Just had a dream that our replacement Note 7s came with 6 GB of RAM and a 4000 battery. Man I need a new hobby
    09-05-2016 10:05 PM
    Just had a dream that our replacement Note 7s came with 6 GB of RAM and a 4000 battery. Man I need a new hobby
    That would be great... Note 7 "Exchange Edition" just for us lol
    09-05-2016 10:07 PM
    Its same notice all over carriers sites regurgitated; same notice different day. If it said heres a form to exchange, it be great.
    09-05-2016 10:14 PM
    So is it a voluntary "exchange" or mandatory. Only difference I suppose will be warranty. Especially if it is a battery problem.
    If the phone is still under warranty, I am keeping it.
    09-05-2016 10:15 PM
    I turned my 7 in yesterday. The rep told me that I could re-buy the Note 7 when the "new" ones came in. I was able to buy another phone AND was told I could return that phone for the Note 7 without a restocking fee.

I decided to try another non-Samsung flagship phone just for kicks. I was torn between the Moto Z Force and HTC 10. Went for the Force. Its nice... but its no Note. However... after using it, I kinda wish Samsung offered a Note 7 without the edge screen.
    09-06-2016 08:14 AM
    I turned my 7 in yesterday. The rep told me that I could re-buy the Note 7 when the "new" ones came in. I was able to buy another phone AND was told I could return that phone for the Note 7 without a restocking fee.

I decided to try another non-Samsung flagship phone just for kicks. I was torn between the Moto Z Force and HTC 10. Went for the Force. Its nice... but its no Note. However... after using it, I kinda wish Samsung offered a Note 7 without the edge screen.
    That's an interesting idea to try since they are letting you do that. I almost bought the force when it came out but they were a few things that I wasn't thrilled about it after all of my previous Motorola phones
    09-06-2016 08:19 AM
    The very first thing my local company store told me was I could exchange my N7 for another phone such as the S7 or what ever BUT I couldn't bring that back and exchange it for the N7's when they come with out paying the restock fee. Before I left I heard that same again to someone else they also told her most people are coming in trying to do just that and they wanted to make that policy clear.
    09-06-2016 08:30 AM
    I also called Verizon today and they have no ETA on exchanging the Note 7 for another Note 7 but they are eager to get me into a S7 Edge. I'm willing to wait for the replacement Note 7's so back on my Note 5 for now.
    09-06-2016 08:33 AM
    If you call Verizon's 800# like the Samsung email said to do, what do they tell you?

I purchased from Verizon online and the phone was shipped to me. Will they ship the new replacement to me or will I have to go into a corporate store?
    09-06-2016 08:35 AM
    If you call Verizon's 800# like the Samsung email said to do, what do they tell you?

I purchased from Verizon online and the phone was shipped to me. Will they ship the new replacement to me or will I have to go into a corporate store?
    I'd just go to a corporate store. My phone has been acting out of sorts since yesterday. Like every time I've opened a social media app the "copy all" thing pops up and now my keyboard noises have made an appearance and my wifi keeps dropping. My phone doesn't want to leave me.
    09-06-2016 08:41 AM

All Verizon would offer is a hassle free exchange for another phone type. They had no info at all as to when the new Note 7's would arrive.
    09-06-2016 08:41 AM
    Well this whole thing is stinky. I mean unfortunately an exchange program does not exclude Samsung from liability. Voluntary recall does not either. Our attorney said unless they do the recall through the government chain then they will be at fault if we keep our note 7. I know they did this yo to save face and speed the swap of devices. My Verizon store will call as soon as they get a black N7 in. They are hoping the phones are in by Friday too.
    09-06-2016 08:47 AM
    Giving refurbished devices to people that just spent close to a 1,000 dollars wouldn't be the smartest choice for Samsung. The consumer is already questioning the brand and their products. I'm sure they wouldn't want more backlash. They'll give us brand new devices because that's the smart business move in this particular situation.
    Except for my detour to Windows Phone for a while, I've always liked Samsung phones but I would say, I am questioning right now. So much that I thought about going Nexus or "Pixel" (the possible new name). I'd miss the stylus but not much else. I do have a Gear VR but the novelty wore off very quickly.
    09-06-2016 09:39 AM
3,177 ... 2122232425 ...