Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My only concern at the moment is if everyone's local carriers will have enough stock to cover not only in store purchases, but also people who pre-ordered online.
60b0cc2da60f2dc5e3d1c27de1f0f66a.jpg

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been overseas for work so I'm late to the game in buying a note 7. I'm back and I went to a corporate store today to look at the phone and ask when they would get new stock for me to purchase. They didn't have any note 7s on display and have sent back all their old stock. They expect to have the new stock next week and maybe end of the week at the earliest...
could be awhile, sounds like they are going to replace current note 7s before selling to new customers.

0c10c23498625687c94d28b99d318fbc.jpg

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
could be awhile, sounds like they are going to replace current note 7s before selling to new customers.
It will be interesting to see if the replacement phones come in retail packaging with all of the accessories or if you will just be able to exchange your phone for another phone like what happens at Apple when you do a warranty exchange.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Could it be why they're trying to get the phones here as quick as possible is because the V20 and Iphone coming out soon?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
A Verizon corporate store is one that says Verizon wireless and sits in its own building right. Authorised retailers are places like best buy right?

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
A Verizon corporate store is one that says Verizon wireless and sits in its own building right. Authorised retailers are places like best buy right?

No Best Buy is a 3rd party retailer. Verizon Authorized and Premium Retailers look deceptively like Verizon corporate stores but they are franchises.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
No Best Buy is a 3rd party retailer. Verizon Authorized and Premium Retailers look deceptively like Verizon corporate stores but they are franchises.

Thanks. I just looked up a corporate store and dang it like 5 hours away. So I guess the store i usually go to is a authorized or premium store. I know I'll have to wait and see or call this store that i usually deal with to see if they will take it back and give me a new one when available. If they won't cause i preordered it then i guess I'm going to have to do thru mail cause I ain't driving 5 hours to a corporate store lol.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. I just looked up a corporate store and dang it like 5 hours away. So I guess the store i usually go to is a authorized or premium store. I know I'll have to wait and see or call this store that i usually deal with to see if they will take it back and give me a new one when available. If they won't cause i preordered it then i guess I'm going to have to do thru mail cause I ain't driving 5 hours to a corporate store lol.
I would wait until after the holiday to call.

Tmwjam

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Yea I bought it thru swappa, if I said ebay I apologize. Like i said I called Samsung and Verizon got same answer both said they couldn't help me I was on the phone like 45mins staking my claim it's a global recall shouldn't matter how you got it. Contacted seller thru swappa the sellers page where also the admin chimed in and read there policy that was also the case said it was sellers best interested to refund money. Seller said he would refund money but send phone 1st. Admin of swappa said to file a claim thru PayPal to protect myself so I contacted PayPal told them sceniro they said I'm covered my disputed claim excluated to a claim. Seller has 14 days to respond if no response when he responds I'll send phone back with tracking give tracking to PayPal I'll get money back if no response in 14 days I keep phone and still get money back.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yea I bought it thru swappa, if I said ebay I apologize. Like i said I called Samsung and Verizon got same answer both said they couldn't help me I was on the phone like 45mins staking my claim it's a global recall shouldn't matter how you got it. Contacted seller thru swappa the sellers page where also the admin chimed in and read there policy that was also the case said it was sellers best interested to refund money. Seller said he would refund money but send phone 1st. Admin of swappa said to file a claim thru PayPal to protect myself so I contacted PayPal told them sceniro they said I'm covered my disputed claim excluated to a claim. Seller has 14 days to respond if no response when he responds I'll send phone back with tracking give tracking to PayPal I'll get money back if no response in 14 days I keep phone and still get money back.
I would also require a signature when you send that package, and make sure you pay for $900 of insurance, if it gets damaged or lost in shipping it will be back on you, specially if it gets lost. And don't waste time sending the phone back and at least use priority shipping so seller has the option of returning the phone if they wish to do that route.

And remember the seller needs the box and everything that was in the box. Just trying to point out things that will help make this smooth transaction. PayPal won't payout if seller can prove you didn't send everything back or its damaged.

All this crap could be avoided if Samsung would just handle the recalls like this one. I know in future I won't buy or sale a new released phone thru third parties like swappa or eBay.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm just wondering if these "New" Note 7's will be nothing more then the original stock (returned by carriers) that has been ripped open and the battery swapped out by Samsung?

I sure don't want a refurbished POS that I paid $850. for. :-\

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Here is a form to fill out for the recall. Worth a shot.

http://origin2.samsung.com/au/galaxy-note7-notice/

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm just wondering if these "New" Note 7's will be nothing more then the original stock (returned by carriers) that has been ripped open and the battery swapped out by Samsung?

I sure don't want a refurbished POS that I paid $850. for. :-\

Good question but I'm sure Samsung has ramped up the new replacements. Maybe later down the road if you have a warranty claim, you'll probably end up with a "used but with a new battery" device. I'm still contemplating what I'm going to do.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It will be interesting to see if the replacement phones come in retail packaging with all of the accessories or if you will just be able to exchange your phone for another phone like what happens at Apple when you do a warranty exchange.

I for one would want the "new box for old box". Just like a refurbished device you may get from a warranty claim - they usually just send the device and that no longer matches the label on the box. I keep everything with my devices in anticipation of resell. If the IMEI of the device doesn't match the box - red flag.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Please let us know how that works for you?
I believe that you will be switching same for same, both with faulty batteries.

Nope. Just a bad verizon rep giving false info.

They have nothing. What was worst si that the reps in the store said it could take 30 days. I'm not sure if anyone is informed anymore. May just go through samsung.

Status
Not open for further replies.