10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    I went into a Verizon store and was told that I could only do an exchange if I came back with a goat and a dove, while riding into the store on a unicorn......
    during the summer equinox
    09-06-2016 07:06 PM
    The hell with an exchange. I got my $ back.
    09-06-2016 07:21 PM
    That's exactly what I did. I just didn't want to deal with all this. Got my money back so I'm free to do what I want and not deal with the hassle of reps not knowing what protocols to follow.
    09-06-2016 07:34 PM
    They a exactly what I did. I just didn't want to deal with all this. Got my money back so I'm free to do what I want and not deal with the hassle of reps not knowing what protocols to follow.
    is you plan to just wait and buy the note 7 again later?
    09-06-2016 08:07 PM
    I tried to get my money back tonight at a best buy store. I'm a Verizon customer. I was informed they are not giving refunds.
    09-06-2016 08:15 PM
    I tried to get my money back tonight at a best buy store. I'm a Verizon customer. I was informed they are not giving refunds.
    Don't they take any phone back in 30 days with a restocking fee (which is usually waved)?

VZW normally only gives 2 weeks but you have until the 28th to return it there if you bought it there. I would call BB customer support on phone.
    09-06-2016 08:17 PM
    What? Worst Buy told you this?
    09-06-2016 08:18 PM
    What? Worst Buy told you this?
    Yes. They told me and another lady this. I told them that was bs and I would never do business with best buy again. I've only had the phone 7 days.
    09-06-2016 08:21 PM
    This is probably a very silly and basic question but when I exchange my phone (in the Verizon store) is a factory reset sufficient to make sure that no personal information can be recovered from the device? I know they're supposed to be sent back to Samsung and there should be no funny business but you just never know.
    09-06-2016 08:39 PM
    This is probably a very silly and basic question but when I exchange my phone (in the Verizon store) is a factory reset sufficient to make sure that no personal information can be recovered from the device? I know they're supposed to be sent back to Samsung and there should be no funny business but you just never know.
    If you really want to be 1000% sure, encrypt the phone first, then do a factory reset. That way, all keys needed to decrypt the deleted data will also be gone.
    09-06-2016 08:49 PM
    Samsung changed the options to exchange the phone or swap for another device. It seems the refund portion was pulled as an option.
    09-06-2016 08:57 PM
    Samsung changed the options to exchange the phone or swap for another device. It seems the refund portion was pulled as an option.
    I think the return option is a carrier, place of purchase option. My Verizon text gives the return option, but when you click the Samsung recall link it does not give the return option. Interesting
    09-06-2016 09:08 PM
    is you plan to just wait and buy the note 7 again later?
    Don't think so. I'm either sticking with the s7 edge or a device made by someone else if I had the itch to get something this year.
    09-06-2016 09:13 PM
    Went to my local (corporate) store. They advised me to hold on to my Note 7 until replacements arrive. They more or less assured that it would be before 9/30. Cool. I'll use the V10 during this time.
    09-06-2016 11:00 PM
    I read that Samsung may try to refurbish and resell these units that we return. I'm going to melt mine with a torch before I walk it back over to Verizon. I never take the upgrades. I let my wife or kids have them - the one time I update my 4 year old phone ---->

Attachment 238698
    09-06-2016 11:26 PM
    Those of us who already purchased the Note 7 won't get refurbished units.
    09-07-2016 01:56 AM
    If you really want to be 1000% sure, encrypt the phone first, then do a factory reset. That way, all keys needed to decrypt the deleted data will also be gone.
    Thank you. I'll do that.
    09-07-2016 05:13 AM
    I read that Samsung may try to refurbish and resell these units that we return. I'm going to melt mine with a torch before I walk it back over to Verizon. I never take the upgrades. I let my wife or kids have them - the one time I update my 4 year old phone ---->

Attachment 238698
    Of course they'll refurbish them. It's only the battery. Our replacements are going to be new though.
    09-07-2016 05:23 AM
    If they refurbish them they will be used as warranty replacements and can bet asurion has put a big order in for some of them.

People will be scared over it. But it's the battery, once battery is replaced should be good to go as refurbish. Now if the new ones we get do it then there's a different problem and that is when I might have give up and return the note 7.
    09-07-2016 08:40 AM
    I know be patient
    Since this is taking a while and I have been spending time on these forums reading all these post I am starting to think I may be better off returning my Note 7 and just waiting for the dust to settle. That way I can most likely buy other note 7 and get some additional incentives or TBH I would be ok buying a refurb at a lower price.
    09-07-2016 11:36 AM
    anyone hear from verizon when they will be able to replace the notes with more note 7?
    09-07-2016 12:04 PM
    anyone hear from verizon when they will be able to replace the notes with more note 7?
    I doubt we'll know until they actually start showing up. Different answers from every Verizon source. In-store is variable based on who knows what info and online support says soon but they don't know a date.
    09-07-2016 12:16 PM
    Just spoke with a corporate store where I bought my Note 7 - rep did'nt have concrete dates - speculated sometime in the next few weeks but had no "official" word from Samsung. He did say that it was his understanding that the phones which has gone "poof" were all charging at the time.

Wonder if that's true.....................

Sleeping with one eye open and looking forward to my new Note 7.....2.0!!!!
    09-07-2016 12:43 PM
    i have not taken mine in yet but are the phones being mailed to us or do we have to pick them up at the store?
    09-07-2016 01:09 PM
    I spoke with reps at two Verizon corporate stores today to see if they had an theories on when they'd get replacement Note 7 phones in. One gave me an estimate, and the other had no clue. The one that had no clue when they'd get replacements in said he'd heard that they are recommending wireless charging saying it's a safer method. I say take that with a grain of salt. From the picture of the burner phones the biggest burn area is in the battery spot, but that doesn't necessarily mean charging method, and phone states don't matter. To be on the safe side it's probably best to charge with the phone either off or in max battery saving mode (where limited things would be running on your phone).

I don't have a wireless charger, but had been debating one since before the phone was released. I ordered myself a Samsung one on Amazon since I would have got one at some point anyway....
    09-07-2016 01:49 PM
3,177 ... 2425262728 ...