10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    I just got off the phone with Samsung who told me in no uncertain terms that they wouldn't replace my Note 7. The only option I have is to wait until Verzion (I did get it a a Verizon store) has them in stock and exchange it. If I don't want the Note 7 replacement I could get an S7 or S7 edge. No refunds at all. No different phones at all. Anyone else have this happen?
    09-07-2016 02:01 PM
    I just got off the phone with Samsung who told me in no uncertain terms that they wouldn't replace my Note 7. The only option I have is to wait until Verzion (I did get it a a Verizon store) has them in stock and exchange it. If I don't want the Note 7 replacement I could get an S7 or S7 edge. No refunds at all. No different phones at all. Anyone else have this happen?
    There are people on this message thread who have received refunds from Verizon.
    09-07-2016 02:05 PM
    Samsung it would be a great time to release the unlocked Note7!! I dont want the verizon crapware on MY phone!!
    09-07-2016 02:32 PM
    I spoke with reps at two Verizon corporate stores today to see if they had an theories on when they'd get replacement Note 7 phones in. One gave me an estimate, and the other had no clue. The one that had no clue when they'd get replacements in said he'd heard that they are recommending wireless charging saying it's a safer method. I say take that with a grain of salt. From the picture of the burner phones the biggest burn area is in the battery spot, but that doesn't necessarily mean charging method, and phone states don't matter. To be on the safe side it's probably best to charge with the phone either off or in max battery saving mode (where limited things would be running on your phone).

I don't have a wireless charger, but had been debating one since before the phone was released. I ordered myself a Samsung one on Amazon since I would have got one at some point anyway....
    I ordered my Samsung wireless charger from Target , it was around $40 shipped
    09-07-2016 02:33 PM
    Update. I finally got through to Verizon (thank God for *611) and the very nice lady confirmed that I could exchange for Note 7 when they get in (she hoped the end of next week). She said I could exchange for any other phone or get a full refund. She did hint that I'd do better working though my local Verizon store.
    09-07-2016 02:51 PM
    I just want to be able to keep my s-pen and charger. I plan to get a replacement even though mine is fine. Of course they are all fine until spontaneous combustion takes place. I will just be patient rather than speculate and wait for instruction from Verizon.
    09-07-2016 02:59 PM
    There are people on this message thread who have received refunds from Verizon.
    It appears Samsung took the refund option off the table. Samsung announcement used to include refund, now it doesn't. Others were saying Verizon is now not allowing refunds. So who knows.
    09-07-2016 03:18 PM
    It appears Samsung took the refund option off the table. Samsung announcement used to include refund, now it doesn't. Others were saying Verizon is now not allowing refunds. So who knows.
    So is that just for Verizon, or can tmobile users only exchange for a Note 7 or S7 edge, etc. now?
    09-07-2016 03:21 PM
    So is that just for Verizon, or can tmobile users only exchange for a Note 7 or S7 edge, etc. now?
    I don't know. I am just pointing out what I have read. I imagine it will be up to the carrier. Samsung press release used to list refund as an option, it's not there now. It's like anything else, some will get refunds and others will be denied refunds. Verizon will probably be the strictest of all the carriers, that's the way they are.
    09-07-2016 03:30 PM
    I went to Verizon today and there has been 11 phones catch fire and they were all in Korea. If we send them back we will be getting a like new phone. This being said I am keeping mine.
    09-07-2016 03:51 PM
    I went to Verizon today and there has been 11 phones catch fire and they were all in Korea. If we send them back we will be getting a like new phone. This being said I am keeping mine.
    "like new"? .. If it's refurbished... No thanks
    09-07-2016 03:56 PM
    Really Verizon said like new?
    09-07-2016 03:59 PM
    When you say you went to Verizon, did you go to Verizon corporate hq and talk to Lowell McAdam, Fran Shammo, or some high level exec? Or just some regular rep in a retail corporate store? If the latter then I would not believe it as regular reps very regularly provide inaccurate information. And if you doubt it, ask the rep to show you documentation of this. Otherwise... It doesn't mean much. I would take Samsung's written statement over that of a regular Verizon rep any day.
    09-07-2016 04:13 PM
    When you say you went to Verizon, did you go to Verizon corporate hq and talk to Lowell McAdam, Fran Shammo, or some high level exec? Or just some regular rep in a retail corporate store? If the latter then I would not believe it as regular reps very regularly provide inaccurate information. And if you doubt it, ask the rep to show you documentation of this. Otherwise... It doesn't mean much. I would take Samsung's written statement over that of a regular Verizon rep any day.
    This !
    09-07-2016 04:30 PM
    This !
    This is my Verizon corporate store recall plan for the Note 7!!
    09-07-2016 04:42 PM
    Take with a grain of salt....

I had to talk to VZW tech support about my 3G network extender (long story, but the Note 7 refuses to see it because there's an itty bitty 4G signal somewhere in outer darn space, enough to begin a phone call, but don't dare inhale or move your left foot if you don't want to lose the call, and WiFi calling drops every time someone uses the microwave :/ - got them to replace my several year old 3G extender with a new 4G one at no charge (just have to return the 3G when the new one comes)).

Anyhow, at the end of the call the TS rep said, "You do know there's a recall on your phone, right?" Told him I did and was waiting to hear how soon I could exchange it. He said that they received an update from Samsung last night saying they should have them in by the end of this week...???? Eh, we'll see. He very strongly encouraged me to bring it in now to switch to an S7/S7E and then to the N7 when they arrive. I told him I pre-ordered mine online and he said, "Oh, then you can do it thru telesales." Considering that by the time that all happens, they should have the replacements, so I said I would wait a few days. He got almost insistent that for my own safety I return it now, in a store.

I joked that when I charge it I'll lay it in a baking pan. He warned me to never leave it charging unattended, and definitely not while I slept. I thanked him and said that the "end of this week" is technically in two days, so I would wait. He made sure to end the call telling me he didn't think that was a good idea.
    09-07-2016 04:47 PM
    Verizon is allowing returns until the 30th.

from verizonwireless.com

Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7 in response to an issue with the device's battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon has stopped selling the Galaxy Note7. Additionally, through September 30, 2016, we are waiving the restocking fee for any customers who purchased a Galaxy Note7 and wish to return or exchange it.
    09-07-2016 06:17 PM
    Verizon is allowing returns until the 30th.

from verizonwireless.com

Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7 in response to an issue with the device's battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon has stopped selling the Galaxy Note7. Additionally, through September 30, 2016, we are waiving the restocking fee for any customers who purchased a Galaxy Note7 and wish to return or exchange it.
    Yes it's carrier based. But there have been some Verizon users reporting they are being denied refunds now. So who knows, probably just uninformed reps.
    09-07-2016 06:19 PM
    I ordered my Samsung wireless charger from Target , it was around $40 shipped
    Did you get a "fast" charging version or just the standard (slow) wireless charger?

Warning flags that you were talking to someone who didn't have a clue is that the person told you (only) "11 phones" have fired up, and that "they were all in Korea". There has been a ton of talk and articles all proving all three of the things you were told as false.

Did you go into a Verizon "corporate" store, or did you go into one of their blue dot authorized retailers?
    If you go back there when the replacements actually do arrive, you should go in recording the conversation with your Note, and if you are told the same thing again you can share it with Verizon, Samsung, and and anyone else you choose. Samsung has stated that all the replacement phones will be new, so if you some how get a "like new" non-battery issue phone (which aside from a Chinese refurbished phone that doesn't even exist at this point in time) report it to Samsung.

Anyhow, at the end of the call the TS rep said, "You do know there's a recall on your phone, right?" Told him I did and was waiting to hear how soon I could exchange it. He said that they received an update from Samsung last night saying they should have them in by the end of this week...???? Eh, we'll see. He very strongly encouraged me to bring it in now to switch to an S7/S7E and then to the N7 when they arrive. I told him I pre-ordered mine online and he said, "Oh, then you can do it thru telesales." Considering that by the time that all happens, they should have the replacements, so I said I would wait a few days. He got almost insistent that for my own safety I return it now, in a store.

I joked that when I charge it I'll lay it in a baking pan. He warned me to never leave it charging unattended, and definitely not while I slept. I thanked him and said that the "end of this week" is technically in two days, so I would wait. He made sure to end the call telling me he didn't think that was a good idea.
    Odd, I'd heard about T-Mobile giving out temporary lowner phones, but I've seen nothing about Verizon doing that. That statement makes me think its another case of a rep not knowing what he's talking about. I've talked with the online sales department of Verizon, and they aren't doing any sending out of replacements of phones to customers directly (spoke with two different people at two different times that both said that), and they are making everyone go into stores to get the replacements.
    09-07-2016 06:27 PM

I had to talk to VZW tech support about my 3G network extender (long story, but the Note 7 refuses to see it because there's an itty bitty 4G signal somewhere in outer darn space, enough to begin a phone call, but don't dare inhale or move your left foot if you don't want to lose the call, and WiFi calling drops every time someone uses the microwave :/ - got them to replace my several year old 3G extender with a new 4G one at no charge (just have to return the 3G when the new one comes)).

Sounds like you got a good rep. I usually have bad luck. I called many times to get a refund for a phone that Verizon had confirmed that I had returned, and finally had to go through Verizon executive customer relations, and even that took like a month to get the refund . Whole process was like 4 months. To get a refund on a single phone.
    09-07-2016 06:39 PM
    yes I went to a corporate store. I don't know what to do at this point.
    09-07-2016 06:43 PM
    yes I went to a corporate store. I don't know what to do at this point.
    You wait until the corporate store has new Note 7's in stock then go in and exchange it for a new one.
    09-07-2016 06:53 PM
    You wait until the corporate store has new Note 7's in stock then go in and exchange it for a new one.
    can you do that if you pre-ordered from Verizon on line
    09-07-2016 07:11 PM
    Yes, assuming they don't come out with a different process because of the volume. (Shipping the new phone out with a return label)
    09-07-2016 07:29 PM
    Since we are talking about bad batteries, I'm thinking VZW would prefer you bring the phone into a corporate store instead doing it by mail.
    09-07-2016 07:38 PM
3,177 ... 2526272829 ...