10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    can you do that if you pre-ordered from Verizon on line
    Yes, that is what Verizon support (on the phone) has been instructing everyone to do. They are not sending out any online order replacements from the website or over the phone.
    09-07-2016 07:45 PM
    Yes, that is what Verizon support (on the phone) has been instructing everyone to do. They are not sending out any online order replacements from the website or over the phone.
    thanks, I guess I am just getting a little nervous I have received no text or email from Verizon or Samsung about the recall. I have heard about others getting on some list to be notified when the replacements come in, but I do not know how to get on that list.
    09-07-2016 07:55 PM
    thanks, I guess I am just getting a little nervous I have received no text or email from Verizon or Samsung about the recall. I have heard about others getting on some list to be notified when the replacements come in, but I do not know how to get on that list.
    The only place where you can sign up for notification when stock is available is on the Best Buy website. Personally, Verizon has an opportunity to build alot of good will with its customers, but alas, no such luck.
    09-07-2016 08:22 PM
    The only place where you can sign up for notification when stock is available is on the Best Buy website. Personally, Verizon has an opportunity to build alot of good will with its customers, but alas, no such luck.
    It is working like a typical Verizon launch/support issue. Every level of customer service has different info or no info so they make something up. Very irritating.
    09-07-2016 08:28 PM
    It is working like a typical Verizon launch/support issue. Every level of customer service has different info or no info so they make something up. Very irritating.
    I agree, I've called Verizon several times and I get different answers each and every time. They are clueless. Frustrating!
    09-07-2016 08:34 PM
    It amazes me that Verizon has such a phenomenal network and a two bit service operation.....
    09-07-2016 08:39 PM
    It amazes me that Verizon has such a phenomenal network and a two bit service operation.....
    It goes with the clueless sales associates.
    09-07-2016 08:47 PM
    This is probably covered, but do we take just the phone to the store to exchange, or the charger and everything included?
    09-07-2016 08:53 PM
    This is probably covered, but do we take just the phone to the store to exchange, or the charger and everything included?
    That to has mixed answers.
    09-07-2016 08:54 PM
    It kinda feels like hot potato. I call Samsung and they refer me to Verizon. I call Verizon and they refer me to Samsung. Its really testing my patience.
    09-07-2016 08:56 PM
    Personally, when I exchange my device and I will take everything, and give them as little as possible. I will even try to keep the S pen, if possible.
    09-07-2016 08:58 PM
    Personally, when I exchange my device and I will take everything, and give them as little as possible. I will even try to keep the S pen, if possible.
    I was called a thief for suggesting keeping what you can, don't volunteer the accessories. One tried to shame me by saying "I just buy my accessories"
    09-07-2016 09:25 PM
    In the words of King Leonidas, "give nothing but take from them EVERYTHING"
    09-07-2016 09:28 PM
    Weird. I've gotten the same response from multiple places. Not sure why everyone else is getting a different response. Got the same response on Twitter as I got from dialing 611 and the same response from the Verizon store as I got from both 611 and twitter. Expect phones to be in by the end of this week. If not then early next week and keep your phone until the replacement arrives.
    09-07-2016 09:59 PM
    It kinda feels like hot potato. I call Samsung and they refer me to Verizon. I call Verizon and they refer me to Samsung. Its really testing my patience.

Frustrating that there are no clear answers yet.
    09-07-2016 10:00 PM
    Did you get a "fast" charging version or just the standard (slow) wireless charger?

I got the fast charger
    09-07-2016 10:46 PM
    This is probably one of the only times where Verizon releasing a phone later than everyone else would've been a good thing. Hopefully they have exchange units for everyone so we can enjoy our phones without being so angsty and paranoid even though I will always be cautious now.
    09-07-2016 11:02 PM
    Well I just had an online chat with a Verizon rep and it did answer a few questions that I had (see below)

DATE/TIME: 2016-09-08 06:10:33

Chat Transcript
    Verizon : Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless Chat Team regarding your device. How can we help you today?

You : I heard about the recall on the note 7, when can I switch my phone out

Jesse : Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless Care!
    Jesse : Hi there, I know it is very important to know the process for the recall.

You : i have read some conflicting info

Jesse : Samsung already made a statement that they will be releasing the safer version of their device and will ship per batch to their carriers.

Jesse : THey will be shipping within this week and verizon is expecting to arrive the shipment within the follwing week.

You : will i be notified when my local store has them, i pre ordered online does that change the way i pick up the new one.

Jesse : We will send you text and emails when we have it already available so you may drop by to any store or call us so we can ship the device.
    Jesse : We will be prioritizing customers like you who has already the device so we can return the defective one to the manufacturer.

You : i have gone back to using my old phone (moved sim from note 7 to old phone) for daily use, will the affect me getting the text or email

Jesse : Not at all, the text messge will be delivered or sent to your mobile number .

You : thank you, you have been very helpful, one more question

Jesse : Sure

You : when i switch should i bring in the phone and all accessories from the box i can find or just the phone.

Jesse : The phone only any accessories will be kept.

You : i mean the ones that came in the phone box

Jesse : Yes please.
    Jesse : You need to return everything included.

You : ok, did not know if it was a phone swap only or not.

Jesse :

You : thanks you have been very helpful

Jesse : Your welcome ! Would there be anything else I can help you ?

Jesse : Thank you for chatting with me today and being a valued Verizon customer. Again my name is JESSE , You can find answers to additional questions at vzw.com/support. Please click on the “X” button at the top of the chat box to end this chat.
    09-08-2016 06:49 AM
    Can't we all just get a phone?
    09-08-2016 08:09 AM
    Can't we all just get a phone?
    Nope. And if they ban the Note on planes I'm screwed. I fly a lot to military schools. It would stink.
    09-08-2016 08:55 AM
    Nope. And if they ban the Note on planes I'm screwed. I fly a lot to military schools. It would stink.
    WHAT ban the N7 on planes !
    09-08-2016 08:57 AM
    WHAT ban the N7 on planes !
    3 Australian airlines have already done so. Must have power off and cannot charge on their flights.

It'll be interesting to see how they police this as well as what other airlines do. What will be more interesting is how they will differentiate the devices. Maybe they'll place a permanent ban on all Note 7s regardless if it was replaced or not because they can't 100% tell the difference. I guess more details will come out soon.
    09-08-2016 09:02 AM
    You'd still be able to take it. At the most wouldn't be able to use it while in flight. I know that's still got good but at least it won't prevent you from getting on your flight altogether.
    09-08-2016 09:03 AM
    I have returned my note 7 at a VZW corporate location they also returned all of the accessories I purchased to go along with the phone. That means screen protector and case. I am now back with a iphone 6s plus and I will decide what to when Note 7 becomes available. I don't think that I will go back the screen was bad I had to press really hard for a response and I'm not sure if it's the antenna or what but I had the worse reception of any cell phone ever with that device. Maybe I'll just go with the Iphone 7 when it becomes available
    09-08-2016 11:27 AM
    Both the Verizon stores I had spoken with didn't have any type of list program going. From what I've heard only T-Mobile has lists going at their stores.

Well I just had an online chat with a Verizon rep and it did answer a few questions that I had (see below)
    DATE/TIME: 2016-09-08 06:10:33
    Chat Transcript
    You : will i be notified when my local store has them, i pre ordered online does that change the way i pick up the new one.
    Jesse : We will send you text and emails when we have it already available so you may drop by to any store or call us so we can ship the device.
    Jesse : We will be prioritizing customers like you who has already the device so we can return the defective one to the manufacturer.

You : i have gone back to using my old phone (moved sim from note 7 to old phone) for daily use, will the affect me getting the text or email
    Jesse : Not at all, the text messge will be delivered or sent to your mobile number .
    You : when i switch should i bring in the phone and all accessories from the box i can find or just the phone.
    Jesse : The phone only any accessories will be kept.
    You : i mean the ones that came in the phone box
    Jesse : Yes please.
    Jesse : You need to return everything included.
    Once again there is confusion with what the rep says.

First, how do they know when the area near you has them in? I seriously doubt they have logged everyone's (let alone your) zip-code and associated it with your nearby Verizon wireless store. Especially given the fact that you didn't even buy it at the local store.

Second, in one sentence she (or he - since Jesse could be a girl or guys name) is telling you that you only need to return the "phone only", and you can keep the accessories, but then she tells you "return everything included". Therefore which is it? I'm getting the impression that "phone only" really stands for "phone and everything included in its box" even though there have been reports that people who already turned in their phones for credit/refund (no longer available), or swapped out for other model phones (like the s7 and s7 edge) got away with only returning the physical phone (with s-pen).
    09-08-2016 11:40 AM
3,177 ... 2627282930 ...