10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 12345 ...
tools
    OMG !! I dont want to give up my N7. I love this phone and after a couple weeks of customizing a tweaking, I finally have it just the way in want it.

Bloatware killed, Nova Prime Launcher installed and configured, contacts, new theme, new icons, pictures moved over. battery tuned, getting 26 hours on battery with 5.5 hours SOT. Now I have to so it all over again. I wish they would just give me the new phone and tell be to keep the old one. Then they can keep the $25.
    09-02-2016 08:49 PM
    Would I still get the gift card b if I buy the phone outright lol.
    It just shows you have to activate it.
    09-02-2016 08:53 PM
    i called and talked to samsung..basically we have to walk our sorry asses into verizon and tell them we want to proceed with the replacement device exchange. new phones are going to be distributed based on when you pre-ordered. so if you pre ordered first week of august youll get your phone as early as next week.

there are a couple details that havent been answered. how many note 7's in the US have exploded...0 i believe. the guy at samsung was like "you shouldnt leave your phone plugged in all night just charge it and take it off the charger" i told him i charge my phone every night and it sits there for hours even after its charged. he basically said oh your phone is okay then.

lol
    09-02-2016 08:59 PM
    I honestly have no clue what to do. I would gladly turn my phone in tomorrow if I could get a loaner
    09-02-2016 09:00 PM
    I honestly have no clue what to do. I would gladly turn my phone in tomorrow if I could get a loaner
    That's my problem. I don't have a backup phone. I'm hoping these replacement phones reach stores sooner than later
    09-02-2016 09:04 PM
    Until a replacement is in, I am just not going to use a fast charger unless I can keep an eye on it. I have been using a standard Qi wireless charger at night and have note had any heat issues. Normally use the fast charger at work so the phone is not left on the charger unattended.
    09-02-2016 09:13 PM
    I would urge everyone to just be patient. It takes time to disseminate information throughout massive corporations like Samsung and Verizon. This is an unprecedented event for the most part and they are probably figuring much of this out as they go along.

Everyone you talk to today (or maybe even this weekend) may not have all the facts. Let the info disseminate from the top down and I would bet in 3 or 4 days things will be much clearer. We know at a minimum we have until 9/30 with Verizon, so there is plenty of time.

TL;DR. We are not going to get all the correct details now, or maybe soon. Try to relax and enjoy your great new phone, and check in a few days. That's what I am gonna do.
    09-02-2016 09:14 PM
    I returned mine to Target tonight. It is a new location and the employees are still learning, but they figured it out. They have a group chat going to discuss the ins and outs of the recall. It sounded to me like they are ramping up to do exchanges in-store starting next week. I opted to return mine since I had 2 days left in my return period. I am going to wait until the dust settles before making a new purchase. Thankfully I have a back up Moto X Pure that I was able to use.
    09-02-2016 09:50 PM
    I would urge everyone to just be patient. It takes time to disseminate information throughout massive corporations like Samsung and Verizon. This is an unprecedented event for the most part and they are probably figuring much of this out as they go along.

Everyone you talk to today (or maybe even this weekend) may not have all the facts. Let the info disseminate from the top down and I would bet in 3 or 4 days things will be much clearer. We know at a minimum we have until 9/30 with Verizon, so there is plenty of time.

TL;DR. We are not going to get all the correct details now, or maybe soon. Try to relax and enjoy your great new phone, and check in a few days. That's what I am gonna do.
    Agree, which is what I plan to do. I think if someone has a phone that gets really hot, this is a good time to jump on the replacement. Me, I am staying calm and letting this mess unfold and settle down.
    09-02-2016 09:50 PM
    I walked into a corporate Verizon today and returned mine. I initially called support this morning since I was having Lag and terrible battery drain. I was one day over the worry free guarantee. Not a issue at all. Exchanged it for a S7 crazy how this feels snappy and haven't noticed the lag at all.
    09-02-2016 10:40 PM
    I guess I'll wait to put apply that screen protector that just arrived today from Amazon. Maybe I'll take off the factory plastic protector that I've left waiting for my aftermarket one to arrive as I guess I don't care if I get some light scratches on the phone I'm going to turn back in. It'll be a good test for the GG5.
    09-02-2016 10:44 PM
    I walked into a corporate Verizon today and returned mine. I initially called support this morning since I was having Lag and terrible battery drain. I was one day over the worry free guarantee. Not a issue at all. Exchanged it for a S7 crazy how this feels snappy and haven't noticed the lag at all.
    Hows the battery life?
    09-02-2016 10:52 PM
    My only thing is that it's not my fault the phone is recalled, I could live with the cracked screen til asuron has the new note 7 in stock. We shall see
    It's also not their fault that you dropped your phone and cracked the screen.
    09-02-2016 10:53 PM
    It's also not their fault that you dropped your phone and cracked the screen.
    Duh, that goes without saying. You missed the point
    09-02-2016 10:56 PM
    Right now the plan is the new phones will be ready to send out in two weeks. They started working on them last week.
    I was at the corporate store I go to and are unsure when will have. And assured if after 30 day will still make sure not charged restocking fee stating its a Samsung recall. Not Verizon
    09-02-2016 11:43 PM
    i bought a unlocked note 7 from ebay to use with straight talk, i'm sure if i go to verizon store to exchange it the probably wont do it since i'm not their customer
    09-02-2016 11:52 PM
    i bought a unlocked note 7 from ebay to use with straight talk, i'm sure if i go to verizon store to exchange it the probably wont do it since i'm not their customer
    Is it an unlocked phone or a Verizon phone? Verizon Note 7's are Model SM-N930V.

Verizon definitely won't have anything to do with an unlocked phone, but I don't think there is an unlocked Note 7 yet.
    09-03-2016 12:23 AM
    I pre-ordered online. I want to swap my current one for a new one. I assume they will have new ones in stock prior to 9/30, which is the date they gave for a full refund or exchange, and to avoid restocking fees. I guess we will see.

I wonder what they would do after that date. They have to honor the recall still I would imagine, even if they charge a re-stocking fee. Right?
    They don't know yet. The VZW phone associate that I spoke made it sound like they are doing us some sort of big favor by offering us the ridiculous options that they are currently offering.
    09-03-2016 12:41 AM
    They don't know yet. The VZW phone associate that I spoke made it sound like they are doing us some sort of big favor by offering us the ridiculous options that they are currently offering.
    What is ridiculous? You bring in your phone and exchange it for a new one.
    09-03-2016 12:44 AM
    I'm really tempted to return and buy the rose colored S7E from Best Buy. I could use a $200 gift card.
    Been thinking the same thing except the color that is.
    09-03-2016 12:47 AM
    I guess I'll wait to put apply that screen protector that just arrived today from Amazon. Maybe I'll take off the factory plastic protector that I've left waiting for my aftermarket one to arrive as I guess I don't care if I get some light scratches on the phone I'm going to turn back in. It'll be a good test for the GG5.
    I took mine off last night figuring if it scratches, who cares?it's going back anyway...

Hopefully it dissent scratch as easy as everyone says it does...
    09-03-2016 12:52 AM
    What is ridiculous? You bring in your phone and exchange it for a new one.
    Currently Verizon is only letting you downgrade. They have nothing in place for Note for Note trade. That is ridiculous.
    09-03-2016 03:11 AM
    Currently Verizon is only letting you downgrade. They have nothing in place for Note for Note trade. That is ridiculous.
    How is that ridiculous? The recall was just announced yesterday... New phones have to be produced and shipped from Samsung.. All current stock is recalled..
    09-03-2016 03:50 AM
    How is that ridiculous? The recall was just announced yesterday... New phones have to be produced and shipped from Samsung.. All current stock is recalled..
    Because Samsung has already established an equal trade program, Starting as early as next week.
    09-03-2016 03:59 AM
    Sorry but I want a Note 7. There's a reason we all waited for it. Samsung is clearly willing to give us an equivalent phone, Verizon should to, because they are going to get it from Samsung anyway.
    09-03-2016 04:01 AM
3,177 12345 ...