10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    Just called 5 different corporate stores and out of the 5 there was one that actually sounded like he heard of the Note 7.
    This guy said that the replacement Note 7's would be in next Friday the 16th and I could just walk in then and exchange.

They might get them sooner so I would keep calling.

I purchased mine from Verizon online and it was shipped via FedEx. I would like to receive my replacement the same way.
    So let's say Friday the 16th is actually true... we're screwed because everybody and their mamma will be in the stores getting the new iPhone 7 and the wait time will be ridiculous
    09-08-2016 04:16 PM
    So let's say Friday the 16th is actually true... we're screwed because everybody and their mamma will be in the stores getting the new iPhone 7 and the wait time will be ridiculous
    Another reason I hope they will just Fed ex mine to me.
    09-08-2016 04:21 PM
    Hell if that end up being the case then they can FedEx mine like they did when preordered.
    09-08-2016 04:36 PM
    Another reason I hope they will just Fed ex mine to me.
    yea i want mine just shipped to me, keeps the store employees hands off my note. The rep i spoke with did say i had the option to receive the phone that way.
    09-08-2016 04:39 PM
    Just called 5 different corporate stores and out of the 5 there was one that actually sounded like he heard of the Note 7.
    This guy said that the replacement Note 7's would be in next Friday the 16th and I could just walk in then and exchange.

They might get them sooner so I would keep calling.

I purchased mine from Verizon online and it was shipped via FedEx. I would like to receive my replacement the same way.
    How did you get a hold of them? I've been calling and keep getting redirected to Verizon Customer Service
    09-08-2016 04:50 PM
    Who has returned just the phone? I'm four hours from home for almost a week and I don't think I can wait to return the damn thing
    09-08-2016 04:51 PM
    I'm going tomorrow and getting the iPhone 6s plus
    09-08-2016 05:01 PM
    People just need to relax. If your Note 7 hasn't exploded by now it most likely won't. I have two of them and not the least bit worried. Leave them on fast wireless chargers all night. When Verizon gets replacements and they will. I will gladly switch it for the same ones I have.
    I havent had any type of issue with the phone since August 18 and I don't see anything wrong with it. If the wireless charger is better than the wall charger, so be it. Who is to say the replacement won't mess up or something?
    09-08-2016 05:30 PM
    My Note 7 has been perfect. I'm scared of what I might get as a replacement though.
    Exactly!
    09-08-2016 05:32 PM
    I feel the same way. That jet black looks so sweet
    It's a toss up between the Flat Black and Jet Black iPhone 7 plus (256GB).
    09-08-2016 05:45 PM
    Florida has the first reported case of N7 exploding
    Lost his car

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 allegedly explodes inside a Jeep in Florida
    Seems like another BS story to me. These people are just on a cash grab and hoping for a big payday.
    Soon we will see, Morgan & Morgan, Note 7 (big Samsung payday) for the people.
    09-08-2016 05:50 PM
    I will be retuning mine. Last night it said I had 64 percent left on my battery it was sitting beside me on the table then it died the battery said 0 when I plugged it in the same thing today, the last time I looked it was at 77 when I got home almost 2 hours later it was dead again. Yep I will be getting the new note,
    09-08-2016 05:51 PM
    How did you get a hold of them? I've been calling and keep getting redirected to Verizon Customer Service
    Just select 3 and if nobody answers, rinse & repeat until someone does.
    09-08-2016 05:52 PM
    I might just be one of those people in the store getting the iPhone 7.
    09-08-2016 05:53 PM
    I'm going tomorrow and getting the iPhone 6s plus
    You'll be sorry. The iPhone 6s Plus was about 4-5 phones ago for me. Was so glad to get rid of that POS.

With the iPhone you will think your back in the 1980's again.
    09-08-2016 05:55 PM
    I'm strongly leaning toward just taking the Note 7 back for a full refund and going with the new LG V20, it can record clean, uncompressed 24-bit stereo audio up to a sound pressure level of 132db(!) and it has audiophile-quality quad 32-bit digital to analog converters. Sure, I have to give up the stylus, wireless charging, Samsung Pay, and the excitement of a battery that can explode at any second but as a media content creator, the V20's enhanced audio and video capabilities really appeal to me. It also has a USER REPLACEABLE battery (that uses Quick Charge 3.0) and Android Nougat 7.0. Either way, around the time I can even get a replacement Note 7, the V20 will be available.
    09-08-2016 05:59 PM
    I was in the AT&T store on Wednesday and they told me to bring it in, in about two weeks and they will swap phones for me
    09-08-2016 06:05 PM
    You'll be sorry. The iPhone 6s Plus was about 4-5 phones ago for me. Was so glad to get rid of that POS.

With the iPhone you will think your back in the 1980's again.
    I'm not here to time travel. Looking for reliability
    09-08-2016 06:08 PM
    I'm strongly leaning toward just taking the Note 7 back for a full refund and going with the new LG V20, it can record clean, uncompressed 24-bit stereo audio up to a sound pressure level of 132db(!) and it has audiophile-quality quad 32-bit digital to analog converters. Sure, I have to give up the stylus, wireless charging, Samsung Pay, and the excitement of a battery that can explode at any second but as a media content creator, the V20's enhanced audio and video capabilities really appeal to me. It also has a USER REPLACEABLE battery (that uses Quick Charge 3.0) and Android Nougat 7.0. Either way, around the time I can even get a replacement Note 7, the V20 will be available.
    Same feeling here but leaning more towards the iPhone 7 plus. Had the V10 and got sick of it quick.
    09-08-2016 06:09 PM
    I'm not here to time travel. Looking for reliability
    One huge plus of the iPhone is no edge screen. Still tough to get a decent glass protector though.
    09-08-2016 06:11 PM
    Last summer I went on vacation with my cousin. I was very impressed with her I-Phone but I love the stylus feature on the note. I do not think I can ever give up the stylus.
    09-08-2016 06:18 PM
    Went to Verizon today and they seem to have no idea exactly when the phones will be in but I have until the 30th. That being said, I'm a nervous type and with all the stories and no verification of a date I just exchanged my phone. My rep says, I asked to be sure, that I have 14 days to return so if the note 7 comes in I can always get it back. Loved the phone but I might wait until next year when all this is over and a better processor and more ram. Truly enjoyed my 2 weeks with this phone but this is stress I just don't need right now. Note to self....no more preordering. Wait a month.
    You'll have to pay a restocking fee for the replacement u got btw.
    09-08-2016 06:20 PM
    If they hadn't stuck this ridiculous date of September 30 on their program and just left it at "we'll exchange yours for a new one whenever they arrive," I think Verizon could've come out of this looking much better. This exchange process should be so much easier than this, but Verizon just had to shoot themselves in the foot and **** off a vocal portion of their customer base in the process.
    The date really only makes a difference if you're returning the phone for a refund or exchanging for a different phone in store. Which people should be doing asap anyway if not exchanging for another Note 7.

If you're planning to wait to exchange for a new 7 and somehow miss that cutoff, you can still call it in like any other warranty claim. It's not like the recall would have an expiration date. Not that soon anyway.
    09-08-2016 06:24 PM
    You'll have to pay a restocking fee for the replacement u got btw.
    I thought they waived that until the 30th. Never mind, I edited this. I see what you meant. I may just keep the one I have until all this blows over and since I'm on edge plan when I pay off 1/2 I'll upgrade to note 7. It's fine.
    09-08-2016 07:00 PM
    I thought they waived that until the 30th.
    Verizon did, have no idea what he is talking about.
    09-08-2016 07:03 PM
3,177 ... 2829303132 ...