10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 3637383940 ...
tools
    Best buy does not have new ones. They arent approved by the government yet.

But your verizon rep is very uninformed. You can exchange back.
    I was in Best Buy yesterday and saw the replacement ones (they have a sticker on the box). However, BB has been told by Verizon that they cannot release them until the government approves them.
    09-10-2016 01:52 PM
    I was told by a Store Manager that their Samsung Rep told them next week as well.
    I was at my corporate store again today checking to see if they happened to have any new information. I was told by the store manager that the Samsung rep had been in to visit with him 2 days ago and said the new phones had been shipped to the carrier. He said they should receive them within the next few days. It's likely no one is sure exactly what will happen now that the federal government is involved, but with any luck the approval will get pushed through quickly and the replacements will be available mid week.
    09-10-2016 02:14 PM
    I went in to my corporate store today. I talked to one of the reps that received his note 7 same day I did. I asked what he is doing. He said waiting until next week when they the replacements in. They still did not want to take my phone back. Even after I showed the latest email from samsung.
    09-10-2016 02:32 PM
    I just went in with my note 7 to get my loaner phone and was told that i had 2 options. keep my note 7 till the new ones come in the last week of Sept or trade it in for another phone but if i traded in for another phone that phone was mine it was not a loaner so when the notes come in i could not come back and trade the "new" phone for a note 7. Needless to say i brought my note back home and will just have to wait till they get the new notes in. I t crazy how we hear something different in every store. some get loaners while others like me are told no loaners
    09-10-2016 02:47 PM
    For those who are considering a permanent switch to the S7 or S7 edge, just saw this buried in the Verizon website (in FAQ's about the Samsung upgrade program) :

Annual Upgrade program will no longer be available for Samsung S7 and Samsung S7 edge purchased on or after 9/11/2016.

It looks like going forward only iPhones will be eligible for annual upgrades on Verizon. Not a single Android phone. This has not been publicized as far as I know and represents a major change, in my opinion.
    09-10-2016 02:57 PM
    My Note 7 has been just perfect, think I'll go charge it just for fun.
    09-10-2016 03:28 PM
    I just got back from my local Verizon store. Got a S7 edge as my loaner and can swap back for a new note 7 when they arrive no restock fee or anything. They were saying the new phones would be in next week and had no clue about the latest turn your phone in now. So, for now, I'm happy. Just ready to get my note 7 back
    09-10-2016 03:32 PM
    Same thing I got. But I also got. If you break it you buy it my friend.
    09-10-2016 03:34 PM
    I just got back from my local Verizon store. Got a S7 edge as my loaner and can swap back for a new note 7 when they arrive no restock fee or anything. They were saying the new phones would be in next week and had no clue about the latest turn your phone in now. So, for now, I'm happy. Just ready to get my note 7 back
    I wouldn't mind trying the S7 edge free for awhile, but I really don't want the hassle of setting of my phone 3 times in just a few weeks if I'm going to get another new one next week. I'll roll the dice that my phone isn't going to explode.
    09-10-2016 03:34 PM
    S7 Edge = Yesterdays News.
    I'll keep my perfect working Note 7 until Verizon gets some replacements.
    09-10-2016 03:37 PM
    I just talked to a rep over the phone, and she told me the same thing everyone else has been hearing lately...with one exception.

So, yes, you can take your N7 in and swap for an S7 loaner. No fee to restock the N7, and there will be no fee to restock the S7. However, the rep said you have to do this in order to get on "the list" of people who will get new N7s when they arrive. If you hold on to your N7, apparently you should expect people who exchanged theirs to get their new N7 first.

I'm going in tomorrow to make the exchange. We're hearing we'll see new devices as early as next week (which they said last week, so...) or as late as sometime in October. With the involvement of the CPSC and FAA, who knows what else can happen. So better safe than sorry, is my take.
    09-10-2016 03:55 PM
    I wouldn't mind trying the S7 edge free for awhile, but I really don't want the hassle of setting of my phone 3 times in just a few weeks if I'm going to get another new one next week. I'll roll the dice that my phone isn't going to explode.
    Resetting my temporary S7 took much less time than it did previously. If you do it enough, you'll get real good at it
    09-10-2016 03:55 PM
    Got the s7 edge while i wait for the new note 7 approval.

We can return them as long as we exchanged them before or by the 30th. If not, and the new note 7's aren't approved by that time, you are stuck with the note 7 until the new ones are approved.
    09-10-2016 04:28 PM
    I just talked to a rep over the phone, and she told me the same thing everyone else has been hearing lately...with one exception.

So, yes, you can take your N7 in and swap for an S7 loaner. No fee to restock the N7, and there will be no fee to restock the S7. However, the rep said you have to do this in order to get on "the list" of people who will get new N7s when they arrive. If you hold on to your N7, apparently you should expect people who exchanged theirs to get their new N7 first.

I'm going in tomorrow to make the exchange. We're hearing we'll see new devices as early as next week (which they said last week, so...) or as late as sometime in October. With the involvement of the CPSC and FAA, who knows what else can happen. So better safe than sorry, is my take.
    I feel like that can't be true. I would think their priority would be getting the possibly explosive Notes off the market ASAP, regardless of whether you traded it in for a s7/s7e first.
    09-10-2016 04:29 PM
    I was told by a Store Manager that their Samsung Rep told them next week as well.
    They can't know when if they don't know when they gov't will approve. The phones maybe ready but without approval, they will be sitting in crates for a while. Better to exchange instead of risk.
    09-10-2016 04:30 PM
    I feel like that can't be true. I would think their priority would be getting the possibly explosive Notes off the market ASAP, regardless of whether you traded it in for a s7/s7e first.
    Agreed. When I spoke to the rep at verizon she read the entire page and never once stated those who exchange them for S7 got first priority. I think ANY N7 owner will get priority. Being those of us who didnt exchange are at a greater risk than those that did we would probably be first if that was the case just to get them off the street.
    09-10-2016 04:35 PM
    Agreed. When I spoke to the rep at verizon she read the entire page and never once stated those who exchange them for S7 got first priority. I think ANY N7 owner will get priority. Being those of us who didnt exchange are at a greater risk than those that did we would probably be first if that was the case just to get them off the street.
    So will Verizon just let me return mine and be done with it? I'm getting tired of this crap.
    09-10-2016 04:50 PM
    So will Verizon just let me return mine and be done with it? I'm getting tired of this crap.
    You can return it now and get a temporary down grade or wait until new note 7 is out.

Thats it.
    09-10-2016 05:04 PM
    On the phone with a Verizon rep due to data issues I've been experiencing. Anyway he seems extremely knowledgeable about the recall and what's going on with returns or exchanges. He informed me that you can actually exchange for any phone doesn't have to be a Samsung device and that device can be exchanged for the replacement note 7. I asked was he sure and he laughed and said yes he's read the email. Sounds good but I'm holding on to my note 7 until at least mid next week hopefully we will know some concrete info.
    09-10-2016 05:05 PM
    Wonder if we will be able to get a new promo with the new N7 lol. Ya know, for our trouble.
    09-10-2016 05:12 PM
    Likewise, my 60 mile round trip to the corporate store did not yield the same results as others. I was told if I exchanged for an S7E, that would be my exchange. I guess if I was within the 2 weeks, I could return it, but that would do no good if the replacement Note 7s weren't in yet, not to mention the restocking fees and what not. I sure wish Verizon would get their act together and all the corporate stores would be presenting the same message. I was told to hang on to my Note 7 until the replacements are in if I wanted another Note 7. They are clueless. I am not about to waste another trip to the corporate store to argue with them. I will just wait for the replacement to show up. I would think those people told to hang on to their phones would get first dibs on the replacements?
    09-10-2016 05:12 PM
    Except that you (and others that still have their N7s) are *choosing* to ignore all the requests to stop using the device and return it, whatever you're personal choice may be.

You can't have it both ways.

The policy makes sense - those that are electing to take advantage of the loaners as provided by their carriers - they are noting the accounts, etc., and this will probably be the way that the stores are provided initial stock. I'm not saying that you shouldn't get yours replaced - but others have now effectively gone through the process of standing in line to initiate the exchange....

Those that haven't - get the joy to wait a bit longer...
    09-10-2016 05:14 PM
    I had the same experience. Unless your buying a phone they have no interest in you. Its very employee specific. Thats why i chose to buy my phone online. As the local corporate store is not that helpful
    I am online with Samsung now and they can AUTHORIZE a ticket directly to Verizon store to let them know , samsung will pick up the tab for loaner.

The agent from Samsung online took down my info.
    What she said was the new Note7's are not even Approved by the US government. So it may take longer than people think.
    Contact Samsung Support
    09-10-2016 05:26 PM
    Except that you (and others that still have their N7s) are *choosing* to ignore all the requests to stop using the device and return it, whatever you're personal choice may be.

You can't have it both ways.

The policy makes sense - those that are electing to take advantage of the loaners as provided by their carriers - they are noting the accounts, etc., and this will probably be the way that the stores are provided initial stock. I'm not saying that you shouldn't get yours replaced - but others have now effectively gone through the process of standing in line to initiate the exchange....

Those that haven't - get the joy to wait a bit longer...
    And the reason that those of US that got the 'loaners" (according to my rep @ corporate store) will get them first is that we are going on a list to be called when the arrive as our names are being placed on them. Those that don't get the exchange now are saying to Samsung/Verizon "I don't care what you say about the safety of the phone, I'm going to ignore you and do it my way".

And for those of you that say well ill just sue them if it explodes.....WRONG ANSWER!!! It's a legal term called "mitigating damage" Samsung/Verizon has notified you of a problem, advised you not to use phone, advised you to turn the phone off, advised you to return the phone, is giving compensation, is not leaving you in a lurch as loaners are being given, and returning $ for items you bought. Just because it's not what you want when and how you want it, if you ignore all they gave said, and ignore it......If something happens you didn't try to mitigate your damages, you are on the hook. Look it up people, it's a legal requirement.
    09-10-2016 05:39 PM
    I'm on the phone with Verizon right now. I made my son turn his Note7 off and he is impatient to get a new device. I am still using mine mostly because I wasn't able to reactivate my old device because I just activated the Note7 and the call Centers werent open.

She's telling me that even though I purchased my device at a premium retailer I should take my Note7 to a corporate store. That if I exchange for the S7Edge I can still exchange in 14 days "if" the Note7 becomes available within 14 days. I wanted her to email me but she texted me the information instead. She also advised me that I onlt meeded to return the device.

Wish me luck 🍀
    09-10-2016 05:46 PM
3,177 ... 3637383940 ...