10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 3940414243 ...
tools
    Verizon gave you $400 worth of Iconx headphones to not bother with the exchange for now ? Was the your local company store ?
    Yep. And yep. I been trying to run it to the point of flaming up, but it doesn't seem to wanna burn. Main thing is I'm in a tech and I'm still ticked cuz they say wait for the new ones then swap. They figured with the amount of abuse I put phones through that I would be able to test whether or not heat, charging, or some other factor would cause the N7 to burn up. Doesn't seem to be an issue with mine. But free stuff gets free stupidity on my part. Trust me this little N7 is no match for a 3 phase 480volt control box blowing up in your face.
    09-11-2016 11:01 AM
    People I spend way more than that on my toys at my Verizon store so that ain't nothing to give me in return. I have 10 lines on the main account and 2 in a sub account. I ain't even a business. Kids and step kids so that $400 could be $3,000 to $4,000 worth of toys I buy at Christmas in that store.
    09-11-2016 11:06 AM
    Just keep an eye on battery usage in settings if you are hanging on like me and others. Look at it b4 you charge it every time. If you are at 50% and it shows any dip to 0% get it exchanged. Verizon gave me 2 Samsung iconx headsets to keep my N7 til they get them in to swap. I have tried to over use it and just hate it's perfect. Just wish Samsung would give up that app!! It could tell us what battery we have. Then not giving it up says it's not just a battery issue.
    Samsung gave you had sets so that you wouldn't trade in your Note7? Did you buy directly from them?
    09-11-2016 11:48 AM
    No Verizon store manager did. That was just for me to keep playing with my phone to see if it will actually burn up. I would literally be the only one swapping an N7 at my store. I'm just what you call a gadget geek. I buy a new phone every few months for someone that's on my account. I didnt even have my N5 for 6 months. No expandable storage. But last but not least this puppy took a dip watching YouTube about 30 minutes ago. That being said it is on the verge of flaming up! It's either the battery or faulty circuit for the battery. It's hot at th back top where the top of the battery is. I officially take it back they are all junkers! Guess I am gonna get the S7e while I wait so that 256Gb card has a home.
    09-11-2016 12:01 PM
    No Verizon store manager did. That was just for me to keep playing with my phone to see if it will actually burn up. I would literally be the only one swapping an N7 at my store. I'm just what you call a gadget geek. I buy a new phone every few months for someone that's on my account. I didnt even have my N5 for 6 months. No expandable storage. But last but not least this puppy took a dip watching YouTube about 30 minutes ago. That being said it is on the verge of flaming up! It's either the battery or faulty circuit for the battery. It's hot at th back top where the top of the battery is. I officially take it back they are all junkers! Guess I am gonna get the S7e while I wait so that 256Gb card has a home.
    So you think the new ones will be junk too so you give up on them too?
    09-11-2016 12:06 PM
    I did my note 7 with a 2 year contract. My contact date is August 14 from the note 7. If I did the exchange program and swap out later for the new note 7 will my contract date change? That could be a couple months added to my current contract if that's the case.
    09-11-2016 12:10 PM
    I assume your talking to me if you look at the best buy site it's the Verizon moto z offer.

Save $200* on Moto Z Force or Moto Z Force Droid

Or, free $200 gift card with Verizon Device Payment. Plus, free Moto Mod speaker with purchase and activation.
    *With activation and 2-year contract.
    Terms and conditions apply.
    Which moto has the best specs these days? I need 64 gb on board and 4 gb ram and at least 5.5 inch screen. I don't know if any have it.
    09-11-2016 12:11 PM
    Has anyone anywhere been able to get a replacement Note 7 yet?
    09-11-2016 12:12 PM
    Has anyone anywhere been able to get a replacement Note 7 yet?
    Nope. 400 trillion posts of speculation, though.
    09-11-2016 12:23 PM
    That's what I went with too. It's no note 7 but it's a good solid phone. Same specs. Camera is good even if it's not Samsung quality. Heavier with the battery mod but not so bad I hate it. We'll see. Just got tired of all the mess and if one more person says to relax or not overreact I'll scream. I can feel how I want and i just felt tired of it all. Next year I'll go back to note. I love the phone too much not too but at this point I'm ready for note 8.
    09-11-2016 12:38 PM
    Took mNote7 back to Verizon today and got a refund, then i went to BestBuy and got a Moto Z Force and a free $200 gift card and the JBL speaker mod.

It's a real nice phone camera isn't the best out there but that's fine with me, so far it a super fast phone and no lag at all.
    That's what I went with too. It's no note 7 but it's a good solid phone. Same specs. Camera is good even if it's not Samsung quality. Heavier with the battery mod but not so bad I hate it. We'll see. Just got tired of all the mess and if one more person says to relax or not overreact I'll scream. I can feel how I want and i just felt tired of it all. Next year I'll go back to note. I love the phone too much not too but at this point I'm ready for note 8.
    Lol. As u can see, I still suck at these forums no matter what phone
    09-11-2016 12:40 PM
    Which moto has the best specs these days? I need 64 gb on board and 4 gb ram and at least 5.5 inch screen. I don't know if any have it.
    Mine has great specs but only 32gb on board with an SD slot so i put my 128gb card in.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor

Quad-core 2.2GHz processor and 4GB of RAM deliver outstanding overall performance for opening and running applications, flipping through menus, running home screens and more.

Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS

09-11-2016 12:54 PM
    I hope i can get a better loaner phonesd than the SJ7
    I have a friend who works for Verizon. I got a text from her that Verizon is offering double switch. We can now go in and switch to another device and when the replacements are available we can switch back to the Note 7. This is great of Verizon to do. I went last night and turned in my Note 7 for the edge. I am missing my Note 7 but I know this is a temporary situation. I feel safety first. I won't keep the edge. I use the stylus and miss it. Also the size and feel of my Note 7. I have been a long time Samsung consumer from dumbphones to smartphones and tablets. I believe Samsung will be ok from all this. They have acted quickly and put our safety first.
    Turn off your Note, get into a temporary phone and we will soon have our Notes back

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-11-2016 12:57 PM
    I have to admit i did it for the freebies (after watching a lot of good reviews) but now that i have it i can see me keeping it until next year.
    09-11-2016 12:58 PM
    I assume your talking to me if you look at the best buy site it's the Verizon moto z offer.

Save $200* on Moto Z Force or Moto Z Force Droid

Or, free $200 gift card with Verizon Device Payment. Plus, free Moto Mod speaker with purchase and activation.
    *With activation and 2-year contract.
    Terms and conditions apply.
    Did you walk out with the gift Card or do you have to wait? Might be the perfect way to get a new tv and walk out with two top end phones me thinks.
    09-11-2016 01:14 PM
    Did you walk out with the gift Card or do you have to wait? Might be the perfect way to get a new tv and walk out with two top end phones me thinks.
    Walked out with my speaker mod and gift card in hand, they said it was ending yesterday but it's still up on the site.
    09-11-2016 01:22 PM
    This whole thing is a debacle.
    09-11-2016 01:24 PM
    Not all stores are unfortunately. I went to my local corporate Verizon last night, and was told they will not let me switch phones that way. If I did switch, then they would not allow me to get a Note 7 when they became available again. Ive decided to keep my phone until I can go in and just swap it for another one, since I sold my last phone, I dont have anything to use except the Note unless I wanted to risk giving it up for a 7 Edge, which I dont. THis whole thing stinks.
    09-11-2016 01:37 PM
    Not all stores are unfortunately. I went to my local corporate Verizon last night, and was told they will not let me switch phones that way. If I did switch, then they would not allow me to get a Note 7 when they became available again. Ive decided to keep my phone until I can go in and just swap it for another one, since I sold my last phone, I dont have anything to use except the Note unless I wanted to risk giving it up for a 7 Edge, which I dont. THis whole thing stinks.
    wow arizona stores are allowing and this has to come from Verizon not just local decision. I would call the 800 number because Verizon is allowing double switch.

09-11-2016 01:39 PM
    Ok thanks, I'll try again and see what the outcome is.
    09-11-2016 01:46 PM
    wow arizona stores are allowing and this has to come from Verizon not just local decision. I would call the 800 number because Verizon is allowing double switch.

I have seen it several times the store manager let's things happen that others wouldn't. That's why I am nervous about the double swap, it seems this is not a national thing, some do it some don't. What happens when the new note 7 comes out and the system won't let you change for the new note 7. To much risky, I've seen Verizon screw to many people in the past to trust the double deal 100%. Having the old note 7 in hand when the new ones come out gives me a better playing hand.
    09-11-2016 01:47 PM
    Verizon WILL let you do a double-swap - REGARDLESS what the stores tell you!

see http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5409002
    09-11-2016 01:49 PM

The problem is that Verizon needs to state their policy on this somewhere as different stores are saying different things. I wasted a half a day and a lot of gasoline to drive to nearest corporate store just to be told to hang on to my phone if I want to exchange it for a replacement Note 7. I am really disgusted with Verizon's customer service, but that's nothing new. Just sucks that other carriers don't have the coverage I need.
    09-11-2016 01:56 PM
    So. I went into Verizon to exchange my Note 7 for something while I wait for the new Notes to be released. The rep gave me two options; 1. Exchange it for any phone in the store while I wait for the new Notes. Or 2. Hang on to it until this Friday when the new notes will be released in stores.
    She told me it may also be earlier or later than the 16th because Verizon is fighting Samsung on the date because that is the date for the iPhone 7 release. The crowds will be obnoxious to try to get through to replace Note 7s. She also told me that the people who STILL HAVE POSSESSION of their Note 7 will have top priority in getting the new Notes. The rep informed me that she still has her Note as well and is just being extra cautious (only charging with factory charger and only during the day in a safe place) So I left with Note 7 still in hand. Nine isn't over heating or causing any issue so I suppose I can wait a few more days.
    Just some info that I learned today.
    09-11-2016 02:07 PM
    So. I went into Verizon to exchange my Note 7 for something while I wait for the new Notes to be released. The rep gave me two options; 1. Exchange it for any phone in the store while I wait for the new Notes. Or 2. Hang on to it until this Friday when the new notes will be released in stores.
    She told me it may also be earlier or later than the 16th because Verizon is fighting Samsung on the date because that is the date for the iPhone 7 release. The crowds will be obnoxious to try to get through to replace Note 7s. She also told me that the people who STILL HAVE POSSESSION of their Note 7 will have top priority in getting the new Notes. The rep informed me that she still has her Note as well and is just being extra cautious (only charging with factory charger and only during the day in a safe place) So I left with Note 7 still in hand. Nine isn't over heating or causing any issue so I suppose I can wait a few more days.
    Just some info that I learned today.
    I will bet it wont happen this week cuz now the government is involved.
    09-11-2016 02:10 PM
3,177 ... 3940414243 ...