10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 4041424344 ...
tools
    I will bet it wont happen this week cuz now the government is involved.
    You never know. There's a lot of pressure to get this moving quickly. With an election year, no government agency will want to look slow. Plus, Samsung has replacement phones in the queue. The CPSC has to realize the more this drags on, the more it will reflect poorly on them. I'm betting Monday or Tuesday there will be an announcement.
    09-11-2016 02:33 PM
    So now Verizon is not so concerned with our safety as they stated in their text. Let's take care of the iPhones first. Maybe Verizon should fight with Apple because there are exploding phones that need replaced and as they stated safety is their main concern 😂
    09-11-2016 02:35 PM
    Call Verizon support before going to the store. I've found you'll get much more reliable information from them rather than in-store or online chat.

I called yesterday and today and the 'double swap' was confirmed both times. So I went to my store this morning and turned in my N7 for an S7 Edge. It took all of 20 minutes. That's 20 minutes well spent for my piece of mind and not having to worry about this nonsense anymore until the revised N7s come in.

During the process I was able to hold both devices at the same time - the N7 and S7 Edge. I know I have the option, but how anyone would decide to keep the S7 Edge when they can return it for the N7 is beyond me.
    09-11-2016 03:03 PM
    I just did it today and got the case for the S7e. They said I can bring that back when I swap. Samsung is eating the cost of all this not Verizon.
    09-11-2016 03:27 PM
    You never know. There's a lot of pressure to get this moving quickly. With an election year, no government agency will want to look slow. Plus, Samsung has replacement phones in the queue. The CPSC has to realize the more this drags on, the more it will reflect poorly on them. I'm betting Monday or Tuesday there will be an announcement.
    Hope your right but imo The CPSC could give a crap less about the election, i work for the government so i know how slow they can be.
    09-11-2016 03:28 PM
    Hope your right but imo The CPSC could give a crap less about the election, i work for the government so i know how slow they can be.
    What about people appointed to lead these departments though? Some Best Buys as posted previously already have revised devices. For all we know the carriers at their warehouses might have got them and are waiting for the green light to release them. I'm sure Samsung didn't produces hundreds of thousands of new devices without knowing the government approved them. I'm sure they were in talks with CPSC before it was made public a few days ago. I mean eventually the government would catch on when they saw Samsung first made the announcement. Samsung isn't stupid. Lets see what happens this week. Hopefully tomorrow something is announced and by the end of the week we got new phones. Maybe we will be up all night watching flight departure times again.
    09-11-2016 03:39 PM
    They can pry my Note 7 from my cold dead hands........or until it self destructs.
    09-11-2016 04:32 PM
    They can pry my Note 7 from my cold dead hands........or until it self destructs.
    Might be both but I'm with you 100%
    09-11-2016 04:38 PM
    I think the time I have to spend changing out the phone etc is worth more than $25.
    Yeah. I think it's worth a Gear S3 !!!
    09-11-2016 05:22 PM
    Yeah. I think it's worth a Gear S3 !!!
    Plus the new Gear VR at the least.
    09-11-2016 05:26 PM
    Went to the corporate store and walked out carrying new S7Edges (2) & Note7 (2). I will say this for the store in Newburgh NY they won me over.
    So you got the loaners AND we're able to keep your original N7 ? Where in Newburgh? I want go there. I don't mind having a loaner as long as I can still hold on to my Note until the new ones come in.
    09-11-2016 05:29 PM
    Yesterday, I went to Verizon Corporate store, and they denied the double swap. Today I went to the same corporate store and they are now doing the double swap. They said that they just learned of it this morning and that Samsung is paying Verizon to make it happen. I was sitting at a large table and 3 of us were swapping out our N7s for S6Es, and waiting for the new N7s to be released so we can swap back to the N7. Pretty seamless now that the representatives at the corporate store were informed of the policy. They said we would be texted when the new N7s are in stock. They wanted the phone and everything that came in the box.
    09-11-2016 05:40 PM
    So you got the loaners AND we're able to keep your original N7 ? Where in Newburgh? I want go there. I don't mind having a loaner as long as I can still hold on to my Note until the new ones come in.
    I didn't get to keep the note7s I did have to take them back to the store I bought them at. But they told me I could definitely return the s7edges when the note7 is re-released. I was very impressed with how they went above and beyond to make sure we had a "safe" device to use even though they didn't sell me the note7s
    09-11-2016 05:53 PM
    buckifvr, Could tell me which corporate store you visited. I am in the Dublin area and wanted to go to the same one so I won't run into any issues. Thanks in advance.
    09-11-2016 05:56 PM
    buckifvr, Could tell me which corporate store you visited. I am in the Dublin area and wanted to go to the same one so I won't run into any issues. Thanks in advance.
    I'm in New York
    09-11-2016 05:59 PM
    I went to our corporate store today and two different reps told me it would be in this week to trade. Later in the week, to try Thursday. Praying this is so because I refuse to give my Note 7 up.
    09-11-2016 06:00 PM
    I went to our corporate store today and two different reps told me it would be in this week to trade. Later in the week, to try Thursday. Praying this is so because I refuse to give my Note 7 up.
    Me too...I left edge 7 to be back with the Note...
    09-11-2016 06:02 PM
    Has anyone that got the S7edge loaner, been able to apply for the Samsung promo of the VR or 256gb? Are they giving receipts with the loaners?
    I'd exchange for a loaner S7edge just for the VR.... I currently have a N3 as backup
    09-11-2016 06:08 PM
    Cool, I live in Dublin too, near the field of Concrete Corn. I went to the corporate store in front of the Tuttle Mall.
    09-11-2016 06:32 PM
    Has anyone that got the S7edge loaner, been able to apply for the Samsung promo of the VR or 256gb? Are they giving receipts with the loaners?
    I'd exchange for a loaner S7edge just for the VR.... I currently have a N3 as backup
    I did not receive a receipt with the loaner
    09-11-2016 06:34 PM
    I got a tracking # for my SD card Friday for my N7....today got my approval for the VR using the s7e receipt. So yep, worked for me. Also when I reinstalled Samsung pay today it's telling me I get 10. For my 1st purchase...already got the 20. So tomorrow I'll use Samsung pay and see if they give me that too.
    09-11-2016 06:34 PM
    Cool, I live in Dublin too, near the field of Concrete Corn. I went to the corporate store in front of the Tuttle Mall.
    That's what I was hoping. That's where I will be going tomorrow.
    I know the field of corn well. Still cracks me up every time I drive by.
    GO BUCKS!
    09-11-2016 06:39 PM
    I got a tracking # for my SD card Friday for my N7....today got my approval for the VR using the s7e receipt. So yep, worked for me. Also when I reinstalled Samsung pay today it's telling me I get 10. For my 1st purchase...already got the 20. So tomorrow I'll use Samsung pay and see if they give me that too.
    I'm getting a loaner tomorrow
    09-11-2016 06:42 PM
    One apparently exploded in New York and injured a 6 year old. Its one thing for an adult to say "Im keeping it until replacements come in" but its another to let a 6 year old play with it knowing the risk.
    09-11-2016 07:05 PM
    One apparently exploded in New York and injured a 6 year old. Its one thing for an adult to say "Im keeping it until replacements come in" but its another to let a 6 year old play with it knowing the risk.
    l may be wrong but that story seems specious
    09-11-2016 07:14 PM
3,177 ... 4041424344 ...