10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 5354555657 ...
tools
    U get a new note7, the accessory u got for your loaner (25.00 credit) will be exchanged for another 25.00 accessory. (Credit) and all free gifts u have received are yours to keep (GearVR and/or sd card)

OH CRAP
    09-14-2016 02:52 PM
    Signed into my Verizon account and got this new pop up right away. Nothing new but interesting none the less.

Attachment 239428
    09-14-2016 02:57 PM
    So where does it say they aren't doing exchanges? Doesn't say anything about a loaner device either. You can do a refund, exchange for a different device all together, get a loaner device or keep what you have at your own risk. Simply call Verizon and they will tell you.
    It doesn't say they aren't doing exchanges, It says they are doing exchanges, just doesn't mention anything about double exchanges. My store only offered me a refund or an exchange. All stores and the CSRs on the phone really need to get on the same page.
    09-14-2016 03:05 PM
    09-14-2016 03:18 PM
    It doesn't say they aren't doing exchanges, It says they are doing exchanges, just doesn't mention anything about double exchanges. My store only offered me a refund or an exchange. All stores and the CSRs on the phone really need to get on the same page.
    Maybe I am reading this wrong

AnnouncementIn response to our recent announcement regarding battery cell issues with the Galaxy Note7, we are advising that you power down your Note7 and exchange it now, as part of our U.S. Product Exchange Program for all Galaxy Note7 owners. We strongly advise all customers to use this exchange program because your safety is our top priority. Additional sales and shipments of the affected devices have been stopped, but if you already have a Galaxy Note7, we strongly advise that you replace it.

Through the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program, you can:

1.Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (pending CPSC approval). Select carrier and retail outlets will provide customers, who prefer a replacement Note7, an exchange for a Samsung J Series or equivalent device to use until CPSC-approved Note7s are available.

2.Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.

We know this exchange is an inconvenience, so you will also receive a $25 gift card, in-store credit or bill credit from select carrier retail outlets when participating in the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program.
    09-14-2016 03:25 PM
    Maybe I am reading this wrong

AnnouncementIn response to our recent announcement regarding battery cell issues with the Galaxy Note7, we are advising that you power down your Note7 and exchange it now, as part of our U.S. Product Exchange Program for all Galaxy Note7 owners. We strongly advise all customers to use this exchange program because your safety is our top priority. Additional sales and shipments of the affected devices have been stopped, but if you already have a Galaxy Note7, we strongly advise that you replace it.

Through the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program, you can:

1.Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (pending CPSC approval). Select carrier and retail outlets will provide customers, who prefer a replacement Note7, an exchange for a Samsung J Series or equivalent device to use until CPSC-approved Note7s are available.

2.Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.

We know this exchange is an inconvenience, so you will also receive a $25 gift card, in-store credit or bill credit from select carrier retail outlets when participating in the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program.
    I guess my Verizon store isn't one of the select carrier or retail outlets. I always buy online to avoid the store and this most recent encounter has reminded me why!
    09-14-2016 03:31 PM
    I guess my Verizon store isn't one of the select carrier or retail outlets. I always buy online to avoid the store and this most recent encounter has reminded me why!
    Wrong guess

Attachment 239435
    09-14-2016 03:39 PM
    From what I was told, a mass email went out concerning the double swap. If your store isn't doing it, then call Verizon while you are in the store - they will set them straight.
    09-14-2016 03:42 PM
    Simply call Verizon and they will tell you.
    Then call again and they will tell you something different. Go to the store and possibly get yet another response.
    09-14-2016 03:42 PM
    If you get wrong information from one person, ask for a supervisor. It's not rocket science.
    09-14-2016 03:43 PM
    Just called Verizon and played dumb. The woman said I could go into Verizon store and turn in my N7 and get a phone to replace it. Then on the 30th bring that one back for a new note 7. Or I could hold on to my N7 and bring it in on the 30th to swap it out for a new N7. Has anyone else got that line?
    09-14-2016 03:48 PM
    If you get wrong information from one person, ask for a supervisor. It's not rocket science.
    I honestly feel the replacements will be ready before the end of the month. If I didn't have my old Note 5, I may have done that.
    09-14-2016 03:48 PM
    Using my N5 but still suffering from N7 withdrawal pains. Just not the same.
    09-14-2016 03:51 PM
    Using my N5 but still suffering from N7 withdrawal pains. Just not the same.
    I agree! Especially the battery life.
    09-14-2016 03:52 PM
    I honestly feel the replacements will be ready before the end of the month. If I didn't have my old Note 5, I may have done that.
    Nothing wrong with that Note 5! Now that the government has their beaters in the mix, no telling when Sammy gets the nod to start shipping.
    09-14-2016 03:52 PM
    Yet another grain of salt. This is my chat with Samsung about two days ago (before initiating the return thru VZW):

You are now chatting with 'Sri V'. The reference number for this chat is 4326523828.
    Sri V: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?
    Sri V: Hope we are still connected, please respond so that I can confirm our connection and take care of your concern.
    Sandra: I would like to know if you have any time estimate that our Note 7's will be replaced. Not with a different device, but with a new Note 7.
    Sri V: Hi, Sandra.
    Sri V: I will be glad to assist you with the required information.
    Sri V: We apologize for the inconvinence. I shoud inform you that, keeping the customers safety as the first priority the new Note7 devices are going under examintion by CPSC(U.S consumer product safety commission), where they are testing the quality of the phone. After that quality examination by CPSC, the new Note7 will be exchanged.
    Sandra: Thank you, I am aware that they are awaiting CPSC approval. However, I would like to know if there is any time estimate as to when that process will be completed, and we will be able to exchange our devices.
    Sri V: You're very welcome.
    Sri V: I wish, I could help you out with the exact date, but we are really eagerly waiting for CPSC approval.
    Sandra: LOL, I imagine you are as well!
    Sri V: Thank you for understanding, Sandra.
    Sandra: I hesitate to return my device for a substitute since the Verizon corporate stores vary so widely in their procedure for offering loaner devices, as well as the guarantee that they will be able to be traded back in for a new Note 7.
    Sri V: I really do understand your concern, Sandra.
    Sri V: Please get the loaner phones and we will definitely replace the phone for sure from our end.
    Sandra: Thank you for that information!
    Sri V: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
    Sandra: No thank you. I appreciate your help!
    Sri V: Thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support, we appreciate your business. If you ever need to contact us in the future, please save and reference this chat transcript ID 4326523828. Please provide us with your feedback, so we may serve you better by clicking on the blue “X” button to receive the transcript of your chat and fill out a brief survey. Have a great day!
    Sandra: Have a great day
    Sri V: You're very welcome.
    Sri V: Bye, take care.
    Sri V: You too, Sandra.
    Chat session has been terminated by the Samsung Agent.
    09-14-2016 03:53 PM
    Just called Verizon and played dumb. The woman said I could go into Verizon store and turn in my N7 and get a phone to replace it. Then on the 30th bring that one back for a new note 7. Or I could hold on to my N7 and bring it in on the 30th to swap it out for a new N7. Has anyone else got that line?
    Exactly. You can swap for a loaner device. Once the new and improved Note 7's arrive, you can return the loaner for the 7.
    09-14-2016 03:54 PM
    Have any of you Version guys emailed the actual corpotate office to voice the concern about this giant blunder of a mess , seems all the different store personal is a waste of time
    09-14-2016 03:57 PM
    If only the supervisors were all on the same page, that would be fine. As evidenced by this thread, that isn't the case.
    09-14-2016 03:58 PM
    Nothing wrong with that Note 5! Now that the government has their beaters in the mix, no telling when Sammy gets the nod to start shipping.
    If the CPSC wasn't involved, we'd probably have our new phones next week. I like my Note 5 except for the battery life.
    09-14-2016 04:11 PM
    Have any of you Version guys emailed the actual corpotate office to voice the concern about this giant blunder of a mess , seems all the different store personal is a waste of time
    I emailed the one of the communication managers directly asking for clarification on the S7 double exchange, and didn't even get so much as an automated reply. That was yesterday morning when I sent it and pure silence.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=v8BX9fk_
    09-14-2016 04:12 PM
    If only the supervisors were all on the same page, that would be fine. As evidenced by this thread, that isn't the case.
    Well, good luck to you.
    09-14-2016 05:05 PM
    If the CPSC wasn't involved, we'd probably have our new phones next week. I like my Note 5 except for the battery life.
    If the CPSC wasn't involved we would have had our replacement phones last week, and evidenced by the people at Best Buy who went in to get replacement phones (some of which were successful in their exchanges) before Best Buy and the CPSC knew what each other were doing.
    Yep, you've got that right. I had pretty decent battery with my N5 though.
    I also am having trouble with Verizon. I went onto Verizon chat because I have a broken ankle so can't get to Verizon to exchange my Note 7. The stores I have checked don't have the S7Edge available, which is the only phone that I would half-way want as a replacement. And it's impossible to reach the actual stores by telephone to see who has it in stock. I'm a real estate broker who needs a phone at all times). The chat person on the Verizon site finally hung up on me (discontinued the chat) when I asked for direct dial lines into the stores for my area. I've been a Verizon customer for years but I'm ready to switch. When I bought my Note 7 I fully paid off my S6Edge, a phone I loved, and would have only gotten rid of that for the Note 7. Now I wish I had my S6Edge back. When I made that purchase, Verizon didn't apply the credit for the S6Edge that I paid off and turned in, instead paying it off again by charging my Verizon account (even though I paid it off with a credit card). My Verizon bill still says I owe over $397.00 although I've tried to sort this out with them before the Note disaster. I'm literally hobbled and stuck with a phone that I love (the Note 7), but which I feel pressure to give up (but don't want to), and my hands are kind of tied here. No help from Verizon.
    I advise you, and everyone else who is having difficulty getting their Note 7 exchanged locally, to call VZW customer service and have them do it for you. You can pick whichever temporary phone you wish, and you will get in the mail in 2 days (signature required upon delivery).
    After so many wasted trips to local corporate stores and so many hours wasted complaining about the stores on chat, I was finally able to end my drama with 20 minutes on the phone today.
    I was charged the sales tax on the S7 Edge exchange phone, but was also credited the tax I paid on the Note 7 (I was on 2 year pmt plan). When the new N7s come out, I just have to call them back and reverse the process. Double switch through VZW customer service is real (at least through my experience).
    09-14-2016 05:24 PM
3,177 ... 5354555657 ...