Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So the rep told you he thought they would replace the ones already sold but wouldn't start selling the note 7 for people that don't already have it right? Wow if that is the the case then feel for the ones that don't have it and want it. But like others have said on this site, a lot of people are getting different responses from these reps. So that is why I'm waiting for the replacements to be released.
Same here. Having the device in my possession gives me the most options when it is released. If Samsung gets the government approval I see the note 7 being sold again, it's to good of a phone to dump if it was just a battery issue.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So after yesterday's news went to Verizon corporate store and they refused to allow me to exchange or return my phone because it has damaged told me to not use it and what for the replacement to come in..has anyone else been able to return a working damage phone
You should be able to at least return the phone, don't know about exchange. If they will only let you return to that, wait for your upgrade eligibility to reset and upgrade again.

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Just called the customer service center, this one located in Marietta (Atlanta), GA. Was told by the rep there was no option for switching to the S7 or S7E and switching back to the Note 7 when/if they become available again. Told him I could probably call back and get a completely different answer, could also go into 3 or 4 corporate stores and get a different answer at each one.
Thing is this rep sounded confident and assured of what he was saying. He offered to call me if/when he hears updated information. I took him up on that, now whether I hear anything or not is another story.

I don't want to be stuck with a S7E, at the same time there's no way to know if my Note 7 will do something crazy while waiting for replacements. With federal intervention, there is also the possibility, hopefully not, that the Note 7 will not be available again.

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I laugh every time I read that a Note 7 "exploded". Cmon, really? I don't believe for a second that a single one of these phones has exploded.

Shorted out, heated up, the battery started to puff and then start on fire? That I believe. But these things aren't exploding.

Christopher Gilliam

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Everyone here complaining that you basically want it all fixed RIGHT NOW!!!!

Come on be a grown up!! Look at car recalls, the VAST majority of regular cars (Not High End vehicles), don't get anywhere near what you are getting from Samsung/Verizon right now. Which this (when you finally talk to the right people) you get to do a double swap, and $25 bill credit.

Now let's look at 2 recalls my car was in. One for a shift linkage problem, and the other was a key issue. And what did the manufacturer say...."park the vehicle and don't use it till it's fixed". There was no loaner while they were coming up with a fix and/or getting parts for the fix, or while waiting for dealership to schedule my repair. When repair was scheduled (didn't do the key recall as it was STUPID), at that time I got a loaner, while it was at the shop for 1 day, but got NO $ of any kind of compensation.

This happens all the time. People need to CALM DOWN. Getting your blood boiling isn't going to help.

Have a GREAT DAY!

I don't have a problem wating or even using another phone and I agree with your statement in some leve, but I'm sure when you went to to dealer that you were directed via a correspondent directly from the auto manufacturer and dealer themselves for repair they were aware of the issue and knowledgeable about it. They didn't treat you like you were trying to run a scame on them to get something fixed for fee. Or them being insulting toward you and asking you to leave the the dealership when you show them the correspondence received with instructions and the manager notice that other people are listening in on the conversation. There are some people on here frustrated about the wait and being unreasonable, but there are just as many people on here who are being reasonable and actually following Verizon and Samsung instruction being meet with people at Verizon unwilling to comply even when you show them the email you received from Verizon and Samsung are people who are in management that know nothing about it...given we are a week plus into this there is no excuse for any manager working at a Verizon corporate store and be ignorant of this issue or how it should be handled

kssooner

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Everyone here complaining that you basically want it all fixed RIGHT NOW!!!!

Come on be a grown up!! Look at car recalls, the VAST majority of regular cars (Not High End vehicles), don't get anywhere near what you are getting from Samsung/Verizon right now. Which this (when you finally talk to the right people) you get to do a double swap, and $25 bill credit.

Now let's look at 2 recalls my car was in. One for a shift linkage problem, and the other was a key issue. And what did the manufacturer say...."park the vehicle and don't use it till it's fixed". There was no loaner while they were coming up with a fix and/or getting parts for the fix, or while waiting for dealership to schedule my repair. When repair was scheduled (didn't do the key recall as it was STUPID), at that time I got a loaner, while it was at the shop for 1 day, but got NO $ of any kind of compensation.

This happens all the time. People need to CALM DOWN. Getting your blood boiling isn't going to help.

Have a GREAT DAY!

Actually, this has never happen in the cell phone world at this level. The problem most people are having the lack of clear communication from the providers. To many different stories being told by each customer service rep, the local corporate stores and Samsung on what the procedures are. There has been zero consistency on what customers can do and there has been zero given on a time frame the new units will be from Samsung or the carriers. Some say this week, some say next week, some say October. I think if we were given a firm time frame as to when the new units would be available, people would be a lot more "calm" about the issue. It's the not knowing and vastly different solutions being given by the providers that is driving people nuts about this.

I know I'm frustrated and pretty much done with Note 7 (I love the phone but it's just tainted too much for me at this point) and if the V20 or iPhone 7 plus 256gb were available for exchange today, my decision on what to do would be much simpler. I don't have a back up phone and I'm not going to spend the money on one and I'm not interested in the S7E, so right now I'm stuck hoping my phone doesn't explode before I can exchange it.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I went to a corporate Verizon store last Wednesday, and the rep told me, that i could exchange for a S7edge or S7 or get a refund, I asked of he knew when the replacement Note7 would be available, he didn't know...so I'm still using my Note. 7, cuz i sold my Note 5 the week prior...anyway i went on vzw.com and started a chat with an agent, he told me the replacement devices should be here this week...I'm going to go in on Wednesday again and see if my local store will have them...but in the meantime I've been using my wireless charger, and NOT using the phone at all while plugged in...no heavy game use, or anything that usually warms the phone up...so far no problems...i moved all me stuff to the 256gb sd card and removed it so just in case it burns i wont lose everything...heres to hoping tge replacement devices come this week...

PorkPistol

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I was just told by a local store rep I could exchange for an s7 edge now as long as it was before the 30th. Then when new note 7s arrive I can return and exchange for another note if I want. She had no date on note 7 arrivals. Going to the store either today or tomorrow. Will confirm all of this. I will want something in writing from Verizon because I don't want to be stuck with an s7 edge if I don't like it.

jblackshear

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Actually, this has never happen in the cell phone world at this level. The problem most people are having the lack of clear communication from the providers. To many different stories being told by each customer service rep, the local corporate stores and Samsung on what the procedures are. There has been zero consistency on what customers can do and there has been zero given on a time frame the new units will be from Samsung or the carriers. Some say this week, some say next week, some say October. I think if we were given a firm time frame as to when the new units would be available, people would be a lot more "calm" about the issue. It's the not knowing and vastly different solutions being given by the providers that is driving people nuts about this.

I know I'm frustrated and pretty much done with Note 7 (I love the phone but it's just tainted too much for me at this point) and if the V20 or iPhone 7 plus 256gb were available for exchange today, my decision on what to do would be much simpler. I don't have a back up phone and I'm not going to spend the money on one and I'm not interested in the S7E, so right now I'm stuck hoping my phone doesn't explode before I can exchange it.

Exactly my feelings.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Verizon customer service. He was telling me that the double exchange policy is not officially in place through them, meaning if I exchange into something else they can't guarantee I'll be able to exchange into a new Note 7 without restocking fees and such. He did say if I exchange through Samsung directly, they provide a loaner plus a guaranteed exchange for a Note 7.

Has anyone that's been told Verizon will do the double exchange been able to get that in writing somewhere?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I laugh every time I read that a Note 7 "exploded". Cmon, really? I don't believe for a second that a single one of these phones has exploded.

Shorted out, heated up, the battery started to puff and then start on fire? That I believe. But these things aren't exploding.

There was a news item on ABC news this morning with an interview with the person this happened to. She had her phone sitting next to her (don't know if it was charging or not) and she said it burst into flame and sent burning pieces of "stuff" flying. Some of the flying stuff landed on her dog burning him slightly. I believe this happened somewhere in the Midwest but I can't honestly say I remember. If stuff goes flying off the phone into the air, even for a very short distance, I guess that qualifies as an explosion.

Also saw an article about how to put out a lithium ion battery fire. You can't use water and you can't smother it because those two options only make it worse.

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
There was a news item on ABC news this morning with an interview with the person this happened to. She had her phone sitting next to her (don't know if it was charging or not) and she said it burst into flame and sent burning pieces of "stuff" flying. Some of the flying stuff landed on her dog burning him slightly. I believe this happened somewhere in the Midwest but I can't honestly say I remember. If stuff goes flying off the phone into the air, even for a very short distance, I guess that qualifies as an explosion.

I still wouldn't call it an explosion. You have a battery puffing and expanding in an enclosed space. At some point, the phone can't contain the battery, the fasteners holding the phone together fail and it pops open.

Something similar happened to my sons S3 when using a cheap aftermarket battery. But in that case, the battery puffed up, popped off the back cover and the battery fell out. Unfortunately most phones made now don't have that luxury.

I've also had two LG G4s catch fire in my pocket. No recall. No software changes. No offer of a different phone even after several other warranty claims for other reasons. It wasn't until I found an app that would turn off the "knock on" feature that the overheating and fires stopped. Unfortunately it didn't stop the phone's other issues. Not sure if the other issues were inherent the phone or just a bad refurbishment process.

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I knew about the recalls before the dealers. FYI the recalls were for the Gen 5 Camaro's. The shift linkage issue took 5 months for them to even START doing the repairs, mind you I was supposed to "park it" all this time. The "switchblade" key took them another 4 months before they started any fixes

When was the shift linkage recall? I have a 2011 SS and haven't heard of that one. I have heard of the one for the key and their laughable fix for it. I still have my death key since it's physically impossible for me to make any sort of contact with it, purposefully or accidental.

The real problem they need to address is how easy they are to steal.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
You know lots of people tell BS stories for either money or fame. What is to stop someone from taking a note 7 and putting it in something that will catch fire and bingo burn the phone up. How is anyone going to say the phone burned up due to the battery or the person faking it. Who is to say the person with the van did not rig it to explode and then say it was the note 7 that did it. My car has lots of problems and i would love for it to burn to the ground and collect the insurance on it. So what is stopping people who know how to rig fires or a explosion in there van after putting the note 7 on a charger in the car and leave it? I am sure by the time the van burnt to the ground the phone with a little added gas to it would burn to the point of who is to say how it happened. Sorry i do not believe every story out there of what happens.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
You know lots of people tell BS stories for either money or fame. What is to stop someone from taking a note 7 and putting it in something that will catch fire and bingo burn the phone up. How is anyone going to say the phone burned up due to the battery or the person faking it. Who is to say the person with the van did not rig it to explode and then say it was the note 7 that did it. My car has lots of problems and i would love for it to burn to the ground and collect the insurance on it. So what is stopping people who know how to rig fires or a explosion in there van after putting the note 7 on a charger in the car and leave it? I am sure by the time the van burnt to the ground the phone with a little added gas to it would burn to the point of who is to say how it happened. Sorry i do not believe every story out there of what happens.

Bingo, It's the story of the Jeep guy.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Bingo, It's the story of the Jeep guy.

Yup who is to say he did not rig it and blame the Note 7. If i could i would lol sorry i need a new car way to many problems and i bet they did check it out but how can they tell it was the note 7 unless they check it out like a 9/11 explosion

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Went to Verizon and did the exchange.... Only turned in the phone and the empty box.... Rep took care of me right away soon as he seen the N7 box in my hand. Ask me what color S7e I wanted and that was it.... The whole staff was knowledgeable about the double exchange. He even told me that I could bring back the S7e with an empty box also....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12