10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 5758596061 ...
tools
    Are there any pictures showing the updated box anywhere?
    Reddit.
    09-15-2016 02:15 PM
    In an attempt to block a OTA update from samsung i cam across the app Pacakge disabler Pro.
    I love this app. I was able to disable most of the crap bloatware with this phone and my battery life has really expanded and the phone is now as cool as a cucumber. I recommend people look into it and it was worth the 1.99

I will return my phone when a replacement is available. But the hype about this whole thing is just that. It starts with journalists that heavily lean towards IOS and iphone. They hyped the story and also reported inaccurate information ( brooklyn story).

If the phone was that dangerous we would hear of more reports. Likely more have died traveling to and from there Verizon stores to return the devices in car accidents.

The phone is awesome in looks , I will return it once there is a equal fixed one for me to pick up.
    09-15-2016 02:16 PM
    Note 7 owners were told over a week ago to "switch off to another phone". There is nothing at all new in that article.
    I am definitely sure if you had read my previous comment, which I am thinking you amongst others didn't read, I was replying to the person that said cut the crap out for wishing and hoping something happens next week. Just like some rant and say God knows what, I am allowed to hope aren't I? Unless there's an issue with that too!
    09-15-2016 02:19 PM
    Some have posted you can still exchange it.

While others have posted that they won't accept them if they are broken.
    09-15-2016 02:19 PM
    Just found this.......Monday!!!!!??????

http://www.phonearena.com/news/New-s...cators_id85465
    09-15-2016 02:21 PM
    I will believe it when I see it. I already swapped mine out for a different brand with the promise that when the new Note 7 comes out, I can swap back. I guess I will see.

One thing I noticed is how spoiled I got with Samsung doing so much for me. I miss the stylus and some of the apps.
    09-15-2016 02:26 PM
    We can pray and dream for Monday but I won't believe anything until there's a device in my hands.
    09-15-2016 02:28 PM
    If it's not in writing, either as a publicly available statement or manually noted on your account, then those people only have themselves to blame for believing unofficial accounts over official policies if the stores start preventing the S7 double exchange.

I wish those people the best of luck, but I've tried multiple times through various methods to get the S7 double exchange verified from an official channel at Verizon before I go into the store in case the store doesn't want to play nice. From what I'm seeing, they are under no obligation to honor the S7 double exchange outside the 14 day window and it looks to be store level decisions that are even offering it as an option. As has been mentioned earlier, two people can have vastly different experiences even at the same store. I was hoping to stack the deck in my favor ahead of time.
    I've learned some important lessons over the years regarding the phone stores.

First, they only care about the people who are purchasing new phones and/or accessories. Everyone else is just a distraction from that.

Second, if it isn't in writing pertaining to you, or your account specifically don't plan on the store honoring commitments. They flat out do not care.

This is what happens you have a monopoly.
    09-15-2016 02:35 PM
    I will believe it when I see it. I already swapped mine out for a different brand with the promise that when the new Note 7 comes out, I can swap back. I guess I will see.

One thing I noticed is how spoiled I got with Samsung doing so much for me. I miss the stylus and some of the apps.
    Good luck.
    09-15-2016 02:37 PM
    I sure hope so, I can't stand this s7e already.
    09-15-2016 02:38 PM
    I sure hope so, I can't stand this s7e already.
    I definitely miss my Note 7.

Loved the S-Pen and the Iris scanner. If I had not ever had a Note at all the S7E is a GREAT phone. But being I have had 3 different Notes now (2,3,7) I don't care for this S7E, and I'm bitting at the bit to exchange this.

Talked to "my rep" and he said he will be getting a hold of me soon. So I'm thinking we are getting close.
    09-15-2016 02:46 PM
    Any UK or Canada exchanges confirm this new "Green" battery indicator?
    09-15-2016 02:48 PM
    I still have my original Note 7 and it already has a green battery indicator. I question this report.
    09-15-2016 02:55 PM
    Announcement: GENERAL QUARTERS. All hell is about to break out at 4:15 when the CPSC makes the formal recall announcement. Man your battle stations.
    09-15-2016 02:58 PM
    What time zone?
    09-15-2016 03:09 PM
    Announcement: GENERAL QUARTERS. All hell is about to break out at 4:15 when the CPSC makes the formal recall announcement. Man your battle stations.
    What time zone?
    09-15-2016 03:10 PM
    Eastern
    09-15-2016 03:10 PM
    I still have my original Note 7 and it already has a green battery indicator. I question this report.
    Let's see a picture?
    09-15-2016 03:11 PM
    This announcement is worthless just tells me to take it back but nothing about when they will OK my new Note 7. They should have a date that is solid not just turn it off and take it back.
    09-15-2016 03:23 PM
    IMEI checker is back up on Samsung website.
    09-15-2016 03:26 PM
    I know this is nothing new, but just saying that I talked with online Verizon who then got me to phone customer support who assured me that I could choose any phone that I wanted when I returned my note 7 and that i wouldn't have to make payments on the loaner phone but if it were to get damaged I might be liable for that. I will ask when I go in to the store but I feel sure my insurance should transfer over. That all being said, I guess if this drags out for months we will essentially have a free phone for that whole time. They said also that when you bring back the note it will totally wipe that phone off your account so I guess when replacements are in I could maybe get my blue that they didn't have when I bought this one.
    So is anyone going with anything besides an s7 or s7 edge for their loaner? If so, what and why?
    I'll either get my loaner tonight or tomorrow. Whenever I want to drive 50 miles one way to pick it up.
    09-15-2016 03:44 PM
    I know this is nothing new, but just saying that I talked with online Verizon who then got me to phone customer support who assured me that I could choose any phone that I wanted when I returned my note 7 and that i wouldn't have to make payments on the loaner phone but if it were to get damaged I might be liable for that. I will ask when I go in to the store but I feel sure my insurance should transfer over. That all being said, I guess if this drags out for months we will essentially have a free phone for that whole time. They said also that when you bring back the note it will totally wipe that phone off your account so I guess when replacements are in I could maybe get my blue that they didn't have when I bought this one.
    So is anyone going with anything besides an s7 or s7 edge for their loaner? If so, what and why?
    I'll either get my loaner tonight or tomorrow. Whenever I want to drive 50 miles one way to pick it up.
    The new phones will be out no later than the 21st according to samsung.
    09-15-2016 03:44 PM
    The new phones will be out no later than the 21st according to samsung.
    So maybe I should wait? I hate moving into new phones even tho the switch thing makes it easier. I would like to have the blue tho and I bet if I returned a black one they'll make me stick with black.
    I'm really just lazy and don't want to drive 100 miles today to do the exchange.
    09-15-2016 03:48 PM
    On phone with Verizon now. Save yourself the trouble and let this play out a few days. They don't even know there has been a formal recall yet.
    09-15-2016 03:48 PM
    So maybe I should wait? I hate moving into new phones even tho the switch thing makes it easier. I would like to have the blue tho and I bet if I returned a black one they'll make me stick with black.
    I'm really just lazy and don't want to drive 100 miles today to do the exchange.
    Honestly...if your phone hasnt been getting too warm I would be very cautious with charging but id hold onto it until next week. Less hassle and you know for sure you will be able to get a new note 7. I feel like there will be an issue somewhere with people who got loaners trying to do a double exchange...

Thats just my opinion though..I am not exchanging mine until I will be getting a brand new one the same day.
    09-15-2016 03:50 PM
3,177 ... 5758596061 ...