10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Take it to the store. Customer service has consistently told me to take it to the store.
    How will we know that we are getting the new improved model?

Samsung should at least give us the new Gear VR headset or 360 Camera for our troubles instead of that lousy $25. credit.
    09-03-2016 09:41 AM
    Because all stock has been returned to Samsung.
    09-03-2016 09:42 AM

Samsung should at least give us the new Gear VR headset or 360 Camera for our troubles.
    **** on that measly $25. credit.
    I was hoping there'd be a basket of puppies for my trouble.
    09-03-2016 09:44 AM
    All I get from Samsung is if your phone is not getting hot with heavy usage or while charging then it is not one of the bad batteries. That's what tells me they dont have a clue what actually happened. Now I know the metal plate I installed on the back of my case causes heat build up using a wireless charger so I don't leave it in the case. The assumption is every phone is bad and yet Samsung tells me I'm fine since I have had it before launch with no heat issues. I can understand they have taken the route of just replace them all because they don't know where the bad batteries went. But there are probably more good ones than they actually know. Just a thought.
    09-03-2016 10:02 AM
    Can you get a different color?
    09-03-2016 10:08 AM
    do you have to return headphone and cable as well ..hope not
    09-03-2016 10:13 AM
    Can you get a different color?
    I'm gonna try and get the silver. I've had blue coral and black onyx, it technically is an exchange and usually when you're doing an exchange it is for another phone and another color would technically be another phone.
    09-03-2016 10:16 AM
    Because all stock has been returned to Samsung.
    busy lady this morning lol
    09-03-2016 10:37 AM
    Ok so, I got my phone through a third party wireless company because that's what's closest to me.... Should I try to find an actual Verizon Store for a replacement device when they arrive?
    09-03-2016 10:38 AM
    It took me forEVER to set up this phone I am almost ready take a risk and not send in my note
    With Samsung switch, your old phone can be copied to the new one with nothing for you to set up. It's the new KIES they had before but better. Switch comes already on the phone. You can do it by computer if you've backed up your phone, or if you have a cable with USB-C on both ends and do it phone to phone. I'm sure they'll sed you the new phone a d then you send the old one. They cant leave you without a phone in between.
    09-03-2016 10:44 AM
    Gonna go to Verizon today to sign up for the replacement. Can't imagine people exchanging their phones.
    09-03-2016 10:53 AM
    I was hoping there'd be a basket of puppies for my trouble.
    A basket of puppies is trouble.
    09-03-2016 10:53 AM
    Any word on Verizon shipping the replacements or will it have to be done in a corporate store?
    09-03-2016 10:55 AM
    They have nothing in place for Note for Note trade.
    Because they don't have any stock yet of the fixed Note7's. Samsung hasn't yet shipped the fixed Note7's.
    09-03-2016 11:08 AM
    All I get from Samsung is if your phone is not getting hot with heavy usage or while charging then it is not one of the bad batteries. That's what tells me they dont have a clue what actually happened. Now I know the metal plate I installed on the back of my case causes heat build up using a wireless charger so I don't leave it in the case. The assumption is every phone is bad and yet Samsung tells me I'm fine since I have had it before launch with no heat issues. I can understand they have taken the route of just replace them all because they don't know where the bad batteries went. But there are probably more good ones than they actually know. Just a thought.
    You have a dummy at Samsung.

Samsung Global who actually made these phones, not Samsung USA, wants you to return the phone.

Don't ask them if your phone is one, it is.
    09-03-2016 11:20 AM
    busy lady this morning lol
    I'm busy on the forums every day 😊 That's what we volunteers do!
    09-03-2016 11:21 AM
    Ok so, I got my phone through a third party wireless company because that's what's closest to me.... Should I try to find an actual Verizon Store for a replacement device when they arrive?
    I think you have to do the exchange through the outlet where you purchased.
    09-03-2016 11:23 AM
    I'm busy on the forums every day That's what we volunteers do!
    i want to be an ambassador too!
    09-03-2016 11:31 AM
    i want to be an ambassador too!
    Well keep on engaging in the forums, get to know everyone and you never know! That's how it works!
    09-03-2016 11:40 AM
    A basket of puppies is trouble.
    To whom?

I'm gonna name my new non blowing up Note 7 Silver Surfer.
    09-03-2016 11:53 AM
    Just returned mine and basically same thing we know. The new ones will be coming in a couple weeks. They asked me if I wanted to wait or exchange for something else. I just opted to return for now and I'll see in a couple weeks if I want to pick one up. I may wait a few weeks after the replacements go out to ensure this or something else doesn't come up. Rocking Nexus 6P until I decide what's next.
    09-03-2016 11:58 AM
    I would prefer to exchange my device through Samsung directly. Do we have that option if we purchased from a US retailer?
    09-03-2016 12:03 PM
    no i tried SS
    09-03-2016 12:09 PM
    With Samsung switch, your old phone can be copied to the new one with nothing for you to set up. It's the new KIES they had before but better. Switch comes already on the phone. You can do it by computer if you've backed up your phone, or if you have a cable with USB-C on both ends and do it phone to phone. I'm sure they'll sed you the new phone a d then you send the old one. They cant leave you without a phone in between.
    2 things...
    1st thing - I guess I should differentiate between Samsung, a Verizon store, and and independent dealer, but... "they" *can* leave you without a phone in-between, although that would be so wrong to do so! Before the recall, my first Note 7 had a screen defect where the edges wouldn't register your touch, I was still within my 14 days, and I had already sent my Note 4 back. (edge up plan on Verizon.)

Verizon told my independent dealer that I would have to turn the defective phone in while they ordered me another, leaving me without a phone for days. My dealer said, "OK - will do", and then let me keep the phone while he ordered me my second Note 7. (the recall was 1 day after I got the 2nd Note 7... <sigh>)

2nd thing - I was considering using Switch, as all I wanted to do was literally clone the phone, as I'd spent a lot of time getting it "perfect". However, I opted not to, as I read in some various threads on this that people had issues, and wound up doing factory resets anyway... Who knows, it might work fine, but I'm just going to set it up again as a new phone when I get my THIRD Note 7... :-)

It might be a good idea for a new thread - folks who cloned their phones with Smart Switch, Note 7 to Note 7. Because if that specifically works without issue, agree with Jedi215 that this would be a GREAT timesaver...
    09-03-2016 12:13 PM
    My guess is that replacement phones will be specially boxed without accessories
    09-03-2016 12:16 PM
3,177 ... 45678 ...