10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 6162636465 ...
tools
    Must we have the box to replacement?

I think it is different from location to location
    The Canton , Ohio store demanded the box for my Note 7

I heard them also tell 2 others that came in while I was there they need the original box etc both had cracked screens and they were told they were not returnable.
    09-15-2016 07:41 PM
    Samsung came just in the nick of time for me to avoid the iTurd.
    Was heading out in the morning, now I think I'll stay home.

Any chance Verizon will ship me the replacement or is in store only?
    I'm gonna just check at my local store.
    09-15-2016 07:41 PM
    I think it is different from location to location
    The Canton , Ohio store demanded the box for my Note 7

I heard them also tell 2 others that came in while I was there they need the original box etc both had cracked screens and they were told they were not returnable.
    Official government recall now. So all that shouldn't matter anymore.....
    09-15-2016 07:45 PM
    I have to admit I was using the Note 7 until 30 minutes ago despite having the Note 5 in my desk. However this formal announcement and IMEI checker telling me I am affected was the final straw. Back on the Note 5 until next week when I can exchange it. Pretty hard dose of reality that I cannot ignore. I thought I was not affected. But knowing I am changes things.
    Not sure why this is a surprise...

The numbers always supported that the US most likely received most or all of the bad batteries.

SDI accounted for 70% of the initial batch before they found the issue. That's 1.75M.

It was noted that China didn't have the problem (now they are saying 1858 were affected).

Assuming China and US accounted for largest distribution - it's safe to say that China received 500-750k initial shipment.

Which means it was highly likely *everyone* else had a bad battery.

When CSPC officially stated a week ago to shut down and stop using the phone - that all but confirmed that a majority of the US (now known to be approximately 970k) received the bad batteries.
    09-15-2016 07:49 PM
    They can't preorder it yet. Error, Not Available is what the rep I was talking to read off when she tried to preorder the replacement for me. But I would try anyway, you never know.
    09-15-2016 07:50 PM
    I didnt get a text but that is most likely because i swapped for a temp phone waiting for them to come back out. I only got the email from Samsung. I cant wait to go back in and swap back for my N7. I hate the S7E
    09-15-2016 07:56 PM
    Just got this
    I got the email from Samsung at 6:32 pm, the text from Verizon at 7:05 pm, and the stinkin' Note 5 loaner from UPS at 3:35 pm! Grrrr, I don't want to activate it because they'll never receive my N7 before the new ones are in.

If I don't mail it back, and wait till next week, and just bring the N5 (brand new in the box) and my Note 7 to the corporate store who tried to do the exchange for me (they didn't have a 64GB N5, only 32GB), do you think I'll sort circuit them, lol?? I have to say they were very nice, very informed. I just don't know if I can do what I want, account wise.
    09-15-2016 07:59 PM
    I didnt get a text but that is most likely because i swapped for a temp phone waiting for them to come back out. I only got the email from Samsung. I cant wait to go back in and swap back for my N7. I hate the S7E
    I use to have s7e and s7..just okay for me too
    09-15-2016 08:01 PM
    I just hope they don't ban the note 7.1 from planes, hopefully the green battery indicator works for clarification... Not that I fly a lot, but we have a Disney vacation planned and I don't know how I could go without my phone, I guess I might have to dust off my old digital camera in case
    09-15-2016 08:02 PM
    They can't preorder it yet. Error, Not Available is what the rep I was talking to read off when she tried to preorder the replacement for me. But I would try anyway, you never know.
    I will see what happens tomorrow too..If it's possible to do so, I will BUT what about returning the old one?
    09-15-2016 08:09 PM
    Hang on to your S-Pen when you turn in your phone?

Saw somebody suggest it earlier... what are your thoughts on it?

Obviously the recalled phones are going back to wherever to get either rebuilt or ground into a thin, grey paste or whatever.

It'd be nice to have a spare, but on the other hand, I am no thief... so, is it wrong, good idea, the least Samsung can do for me? Your thoughts?
    09-15-2016 08:10 PM

Obviously the recalled phones are going back to wherever to get either rebuilt or ground into a thin, grey paste or whatever.

It'd be nice to have a spare, but on the other hand, I am no thief... so, is it wrong, good idea, the least Samsung can do for me? Your thoughts?
    I only have one question - do you believe in karma?
    09-15-2016 08:18 PM
    I just hope they don't ban the note 7.1 from planes, hopefully the green battery indicator works for clarification... Not that I fly a lot, but we have a Disney vacation planned and I don't know how I could go without my phone, I guess I might have to dust off my old digital camera in case

I was thinking the same thing too lol..but nah, just return the whole thing lol
    09-15-2016 08:23 PM

If you're no thief, you already know the answer.
    09-15-2016 08:25 PM
    Official government recall now. So all that shouldn't matter anymore.....
    Exactly I spoke with the rep this evening and said I do not have the box except the charger and some other stuff and she said that's fine..that all they need is the phone!
    09-15-2016 08:28 PM
    they will ship, i was just on a chat with them and they noted my file to email me when ready
    Awesome. I think I would want them to ship mine to avoid going to Verizon store and risk they don't have my color. Will they ship phone and I ship the old phone back after i receive it or will I have to ship mine first?
    09-15-2016 08:34 PM
    As I see it, we are all getting free extra earphones, chargers, and a $25 credit. O yeah, and a new phone. Could be worse.
    09-15-2016 08:37 PM
    Awesome. I think I would want them to ship mine to avoid going to Verizon store and risk they don't have my color. Will they ship phone and I ship the old phone back after i receive it or will I have to ship mine first?
    If the option to order offline is available, then I will pre-order again and most likely, they would want you to send the old one back. I am sure they have a slip inside the box.
    09-15-2016 08:39 PM
    If the option to order offline is available, then I will pre-order again and most likely, they would want you to send the old one back. I am sure they have a slip inside the box.
    Lol I know they want the phone back ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š I just want to know if I'll receive new phone first then send old one back.
    09-15-2016 08:43 PM
    I just got the following text

09-15-2016 08:47 PM
    Just received a text with order number. Says will receive text when item ships. Note 7? Anyone else receive this?
    09-15-2016 08:48 PM
    Lol I know they want the phone back ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š I just want to know if I'll receive new phone first then send old one back.
    My understanding is that:

-- In person at corporate store, you hand them the old note phone and they hand you a new Note in box

-- Over phone, they send you a new Note in box and then follow up later with instructions how to return the old note by mail to a designated clearing house/depot.

-- haven't heard anything about how the loaners will be handled. Since it seems like so few people opted for loaners. Maybe Samsung will just tell people to keep them as backups.

Now that would be customer service.
    09-15-2016 08:55 PM
    Just received a text with order number. Says will receive text when item ships. Note 7? Anyone else receive this?
    Nothing yet here just the text stating the availability that's all. They ordered for you already?
    09-15-2016 08:59 PM
    I know you were just asking lol.but yeah they give you the phone first, do your smart switch and then you return it.someone said they got order number just now...I wonder how
    09-15-2016 09:01 PM
    My understanding is that:

-- In person at corporate store, you hand them the old note phone and they hand you a new Note in box

-- Over phone, they send you a new Note in box and then follow up later with instructions how to return the old note by mail to a designated clearing house/depot.

-- haven't heard anything about how the loaners will be handled. Since it seems like so few people opted for loaners. Maybe Samsung will just tell people to keep them as backups.

Now that would be customer service.
    Awesome. Thanks. Haha that would be nice for the ones that did the loaners. I still have my note 5 so I've been switching back and forth between note 5 and note 7๐Ÿ˜Š
    09-15-2016 09:02 PM
3,177 ... 6162636465 ...