10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 6263646566 ...
tools
    This is very true. I am leaving work early on Wednesday to go to the Verizon store and replace it. Doesn't matter what color at this point!
    I want the same color (blue coral) but i am happy to be getting a replacement. I seriously don't think my phone is defective. It doesn't even get a little warm
    09-15-2016 09:09 PM
    Also, hey moderators! How about a detailed instruction set on how to best back-up your current phone and wipe it clean (encrypt data first, then factory reset?) before turning it in?
    I posed the question of how people were planning to backup and restore their Notes in another thread. Most said they planned to use Samsung Cloud to backup and restore. Its hidden by Verizon (because they want you to use the Verizon Cloud), but you can find and access it with the QuickShortcut maker on the Playstore.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5395809
    After you backup you can do a factory reset (not a good idea if you have the European CPU as people with that were experiencing a boot loop when they tried to factory reset). If you're paranoid you could then preform another factory reset on the just factory reset device and that would double wipe the device. Samsung didn't tell people to take off security before turning in their devices, so if you've got it locked down with your iris or fingerprint and don't wipe the device you should still be pretty secure in not having people able to access what was on your device. If you've got a memory card in your phone make sure to take that out too, before you turn it in.
    09-15-2016 09:11 PM
    If the option to order offline is available, then I will pre-order again and most likely, they would want you to send the old one back. I am sure they have a slip inside the box.
    You can't ship the one you have now back. Remember, the N7 is banned from being on planes. You will have to bring it to Verizon
    09-15-2016 09:19 PM
    I want the same color (blue coral) but i am happy to be getting a replacement. I seriously don't think my phone is defective. It doesn't even get a little warm
    I wouldn't want the same color too, blue, but if they don't have it, so be it lol..as long as it is replaced is all that matters to me
    09-15-2016 09:20 PM
    You can't ship the one you have now back. Remember, the N7 is banned from being on planes. You will have to bring it to Verizon
    Ohhhhhh..okay cool then I will do just that then!
    09-15-2016 09:21 PM
    Wow... I bought my Note 7 on the 16th! I checked the IMEI checker and it says I have an affected device. Does anyone think or know if I may be able to squeeze in a replacement device? I'm hoping this isn't going to be an issue.... But I smell an issue brewing lol.
    09-15-2016 09:29 PM
    I wouldn't want the same color too, blue, but if they don't have it, so be it lol..as long as it is replaced is all that matters to me
    I love the blue. It was love at 1st sight for me lol... I want the exact same color. Does anyone know how to check to see if their battery is defective??? I've been so afraid of charging my phone that i have been doing so in another room on the floor. How have you been charging yours?
    09-15-2016 09:30 PM
    I just hope they don't ban the note 7.1 from planes, hopefully the green battery indicator works for clarification... Not that I fly a lot, but we have a Disney vacation planned and I don't know how I could go without my phone, I guess I might have to dust off my old digital camera in case
    I love the blue. It was love at 1st sight for me lol... I want the exact same color. Does anyone know how to check to see if their battery is defective??? I've been so afraid of charging my phone that i have been doing so in another room on the floor. How have you been charging yours?
    Lol I have just been charging on standard mode, instead of the fast charging mode..and I don't leave it overnight at all..and sync it with my tablet!
    09-15-2016 09:33 PM
    Wow... I bought my Note 7 on the 16th! I checked the IMEI checker and it says I have an affected device. Does anyone think or know if I may be able to squeeze in a replacement device? I'm hoping this isn't going to be an issue.... But I smell an issue brewing lol.
    If it says your phone is affected then thats all you need. They cannot deny you a replacement if the phone is part of the recall. There should be no issue...chances are your phone was definitely made before the 15th.
    09-15-2016 09:33 PM
    Will Verizon ship them to us or do we have to exchange them in the store?
    09-15-2016 09:37 PM
    If it says your phone is affected then thats all you need. They cannot deny you a replacement if the phone is part of the recall. There should be no issue...chances are your phone was definitely made before the 15th.
    Def before then, I think the build date was like Aug 1.
    09-15-2016 09:38 PM
    I don't know. I didn't get text from Verizon but I returned mine last weekend for a refund, and reactivated my failing Lg G3. Verizon rep said I should still be able to get the replacement since my IMEI was on the list. I am hoping that is true. Almost got a Note 5 but my whole heart wasn't in it.
    09-15-2016 09:39 PM
    Hang on to your S-Pen when you turn in your phone?

Saw somebody suggest it earlier... what are your thoughts on it?

Obviously the recalled phones are going back to wherever to get either rebuilt or ground into a thin, grey paste or whatever.

It'd be nice to have a spare, but on the other hand, I am no thief... so, is it wrong, good idea, the least Samsung can do for me? Your thoughts?
    My Verizon store went through the box when I brought it in, piece by piece. Said they were supposed to get everything back. But it may vary by store.
    09-15-2016 09:41 PM
    FedEx also has ground service. That's usually the method they use for returns.
    09-15-2016 09:43 PM
    Recall is for phones purchased before SEPTEMBER 15. If you bought and received it before today, your phone is being recalled.
    09-15-2016 09:49 PM
    Well I am hoping we have option to order online instead of store pickup
    09-15-2016 09:54 PM
    How did you buy it on the 16th? That's tomorrow.
    09-15-2016 09:57 PM
    Well I am hoping we have option to order online instead of store pickup
    The rep I spoke to at the local store told me that if they didn't have the device in Stock in the store they would have it shipped to me, so it seems like it might be an option.
    09-15-2016 09:58 PM
    I called Verizon tonight and to no surprise they knew nothing about the recall being official and approved. I wish they would just ship me one automatically when they they have them with a return shipping label for old one.. Now I have to keep checking for how to exchange.
    09-15-2016 10:02 PM
    Verizon gotten on my last nerve tonight. Just got off of phone with them. Saying i have to turn my phone in to be on a list cause they don't know who had a note 7? Really? Saying that even if phone are in on the 21st I have to be on a list before I can even replace note 7. So basically said that if I go in on 21st i can get a loaner and say 2 days later I'm next on list I can exchange the loaner to the new note 7. I thought we would be able to just go in and get one replaced. He also said they probably won't ship replacement to me unless they don't have my color and they will ship it to the store and i can pick it up. He knew all bout the recall etc but didn't know when they be actually in even tho we all know what samsung email said.
    09-15-2016 10:16 PM
    The rep I spoke to at the local store told me that if they didn't have the device in Stock in the store they would have it shipped to me, so it seems like it might be an option.
    Yelp apparently being told different stuff still lol
    09-15-2016 10:18 PM
    I just hope they don't ban the note 7.1 from planes, hopefully the green battery indicator works for clarification... Not that I fly a lot, but we have a Disney vacation planned and I don't know how I could go without my phone, I guess I might have to dust off my old digital camera in case
    You should still be able to take your N7. They just suggest you keep the phone powered off and not check it in your luggage.

Press Release – FAA Statement on Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Devices
    09-15-2016 10:21 PM
    See the second text.
    09-15-2016 10:22 PM
    See the second text.
    When you look up that order, what does it say? Did you actually order one or did this just randomly come to you?
    09-15-2016 10:24 PM
    I have two recalled Notes. This text just came out of the blue this afternoon.
    09-15-2016 10:24 PM
3,177 ... 6263646566 ...