10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 6566676869 ...
tools
    Correct. That is part of the problem. A good portion of this thread thread is people repeating the same stuff over and over.
    even those that repeat the recognition of others repeating things.
    09-16-2016 12:28 PM
    And two reps told me to just go to the store where I returned mine last Sunday. I would love to get it online, the way I did the first time, but so far nothing on that. One did tell me today that the iphone was taking up all their attention today, and maybe call back early Sunday to check.
    09-16-2016 12:45 PM
    I didn't see that ithe said ON 9-21 from the Verizon message. The email from Samsung said on or before. I got my message and read it a little better. I guess Wednesday it is.
    09-16-2016 12:45 PM
    And two reps told me to just go to the store where I returned mine last Sunday. I would love to get it online, the way I did the first time, but so far nothing on that. One did tell me today that the iphone was taking up all their attention today, and maybe call back early Sunday to check.
    You can have it shipped to you, you will need to arrange that through a phone call or an on line chat though.
    09-16-2016 12:54 PM
    You can have it shipped to you, you will need to arrange that through a phone call or an on line chat though.
    Guy I talked to last night told me even tho I preordered it they wouldn't ship it to me unless store didn't have my color. I so would like to do the chat option but that never pops up anymore when i go to their website
    09-16-2016 01:09 PM
    I previously swapped my Note 7 for an S7 - I called Verizon today and they indicated that they'd be calling me when the Note 7's are available and that they'd mail me one to swap out for the S7. I take that with a grain-of-salt. I'll call by the 21st if I haven't heard anything.

On a side note, Verizon customer service is virtually impossible to get hold of - the over-excited iPhone people must be jamming the lines.
    09-16-2016 01:12 PM
    Guy I talked to last night told me even tho I preordered it they wouldn't ship it to me unless store didn't have my color. I so would like to do the chat option but that never pops up anymore when i go to their website
    maybe download a new browser and try it on there (for the chat option). i plan on having mine shipped to me, one downside of having it shipped is you will not get it until several days after 9/21
    09-16-2016 01:12 PM
    maybe download a new browser and try it on there (for the chat option). i plan on having mine shipped to me, one downside of having it shipped is you will not get it until several days after 9/21
    Thanks I'll try that. And yeah I'm fine waiting a few extra days for the new note 7 to come in since i still have my note 5 on another line. I just don't want to stand in line at the store and find out they don't have my color. But hopefully if I did have to go to store they will have mine shipped to my house if they don't have blue. Lol yes i refuse to leave my blue😁
    09-16-2016 01:19 PM
    What I'm not understanding is how the stores will know how many they need. It's not like every store will have a pallet of mixed colors just waiting to see if anybody shows up. They tend to run their inventories pretty tight, from what I've seen.

Anybody heard how this is supposed to work? Do we need to get on a list at our nearest store?

(Been in the back rooms of numerous cell phone stores, and they're not the cavernous, ending-of-Indiana Jones-movie style warehouses a lot of people are picturing)
    09-16-2016 01:28 PM
    What I'm not understanding is how the stores will know how many they need. It's not like every store will have a pallet of mixed colors just waiting to see if anybody shows up. They tend to run their inventories pretty tight, from what I've seen.

Anybody heard how this is supposed to work? Do we need to get on a list at our nearest store?

(Been in the back rooms of numerous cell phone stores, and they're not the cavernous, ending-of-Indiana Jones-movie style warehouses a lot of people are picturing)
    Be there early and keep your fingers crossed. Yes they will run out and some folks (if not most for the popular colors) well go on a wait list. It will all be sorted out though and you will have your replacement soon.
    09-16-2016 01:40 PM

My rep let me use the restroom in the back, and while on the way out showed me their list. They have several lists...First list is by order to call (by who exchanged phones), and by color (again by who exchanged phones). Their reasoning is that those are the people that listened. So, if my store only gets what they need to do the double-swap, the others are SOL till next shipment.

I'm #3 overall, #1 for Coral Blue. My daughter is #4 overall, and #3 for silver.
    09-16-2016 01:43 PM
    My rep let me use the restroom in the back, and while on the way out showed me their list. They have several lists...First list is by order to call (by who exchanged phones), and by color (again by who exchanged phones). Their reasoning is that those are the people that listened. So, if my store only gets what they need to do the double-swap, the others are SOL till next shipment.

I'm #3 overall, #1 for Coral Blue
    i totally thought you were going to say "My rep let me use the restroom in the back, and there is in fact an Indiana Jones style warehouse back there"
    bluesboy77 likes this.
    09-16-2016 01:46 PM
    What if they arrive before the 21st, though? Stop by the store today, pick out a likely representative, and let them know that 'my friend Andrew Jackson here and I would appreciate a text when you get the replacement N7s in'?
    09-16-2016 01:59 PM

I'm #3 overall, #1 for Coral Blue. My daughter is #4 overall, and #3 for silver.
    It it your thinking that you can't change the color ?
    Not that I want too just wondering
    09-16-2016 02:21 PM
    As soon as the next page settles down SELECT CONTACT US at the top of page to the right.
    Next page SELECT CHAT close to the top, all the way to the left. - I just double-checked for you.

Peace. Alan
    09-16-2016 02:21 PM
    What if they arrive before the 21st, though? Stop by the store today, pick out a likely representative, and let them know that 'my friend Andrew Jackson here and I would appreciate a text when you get the replacement N7s in'?
    and then add my friend George to be the next person he calls
    09-16-2016 02:27 PM
    It it your thinking that you can't change the color ?
    Not that I want too just wondering
    He asked the colors, we both stuck with the same colors we had.
    09-16-2016 02:37 PM
    If what WyDave says is true, I guess all of us still using our note7s are on the naughty list. Gonna get a lump of coal in our x-Mas stockings...

Maybe I should go in now and get an S7e for a few days... it might be fun to have a different phone for the weekend, and it would get me back on Big Red's (Santa's) list of good little boys and girls.

Seems kind of unfair to the store at this point to make them waste a new S7e they can't sell as new anymore, but I'd hate to think I'm being punished for my unwillingness to comply (pick up that can, citizen!).

Whaddya think? Good plan?
    09-16-2016 02:49 PM
    Does anyone have experience with a refund after having bought the phone with a 2 year contract?
    I really love the Note 7 and want to stay with it, but travel frequently and am not willing to forgo phone use in the air regardless of how much I like a particular brand. Therefore I am seriously considering a full refund, and just go back to my old Note until next year.

My question is, will I still be locked to the 2 year contract agreement I signed when purchasing the Note 7 even if I return it? Thanks to anyone who has experience with this.
    09-16-2016 02:55 PM
    Does anyone have experience with a refund after having bought the phone with a 2 year contract?
    I really love the Note 7 and want to stay with it, but travel frequently and am not willing to forgo phone use in the air regardless of how much I like a particular brand. Therefore I am seriously considering a full refund, and just go back to my old Note until next year.

My question is, will I still be locked to the 2 year contract agreement I signed when purchasing the Note 7 even if I return it? Thanks to anyone who has experience with this.
    I refunded and they backed out the 2 year agreement. It took a day to update in their system.
    09-16-2016 02:58 PM
    Anyone able to score a replacement 7 yet?
    09-16-2016 02:59 PM

It's usually pretty fast - you just have to allow time for their system to update.
    09-16-2016 03:00 PM
    If what WyDave says is true, I guess all of us still using our note7s are on the naughty list. Gonna get a lump of coal in our x-Mas stockings...

Maybe I should go in now and get an S7e for a few days... it might be fun to have a different phone for the weekend, and it would get me back on Big Red's (Santa's) list of good little boys and girls.

Seems kind of unfair to the store at this point to make them waste a new S7e they can't sell as new anymore, but I'd hate to think I'm being punished for my unwillingness to comply (pick up that can, citizen!).

Whaddya think? Good plan?
    That is how my store is doing it. I wonder if it also plays into consideration that the less time we have the loaners, the less they may have to spend to fix them for replacement/used/certified.

He also said, that they are making people file insurance claims to fix phones if they are damaged. Kind of like a car, you can't TRASH the car then say "but it's under recall". They sent out BAD phones, not broken phones.

This mainly goes for a few people, that have said "I'm keeping my Note till I can get the new one, then a day goes by and now they want to return it cause they broke it. It's like wanting your cake and eat it to type thing.

Hopefully ya'll can pick out my thinking from what I've actually talked to "my rep" about.
    09-16-2016 03:04 PM
    Lol once again I feel the need to share that. A lot of people listened but the carriers did not. 2 times I went to my Verizon store 2 times I was told to just keep my phones until replacements came. Even after I showed him the email from Verizon and the one from samsung. He still said keep your phone until replacements are in. So no I doubt every store is going to turn people away because "they didn't listen". Andy rep was wrong phones aren't in today. Glad I didn't hang from his words. Or id be falling hard haha
    09-16-2016 03:39 PM
    That is how my store is doing it. I wonder if it also plays into consideration that the less time we have the loaners, the less they may have to spend to fix them for replacement/used/certified.

He also said, that they are making people file insurance claims to fix phones if they are damaged. Kind of like a car, you can't TRASH the car then say "but it's under recall". They sent out BAD phones, not broken phones.

This mainly goes for a few people, that have said "I'm keeping my Note till I can get the new one, then a day goes by and now they want to return it cause they broke it. It's like wanting your cake and eat it to type thing.

Hopefully ya'll can pick out my thinking from what I've actually talked to "my rep" about.
    Interesting - mine is pristine and has been working perfectly, and I work from home so it's pretty rare that my note7 endangers others besides my wife and I, so I had just figured to hang on to it until I could swap it easily.

Reading your posts seems to me it might be to my advantage to double-swap. I have the time to mess around with it, and test driving a loaner for a few days is right up my alley (shuttle cars for a local Chevy dealer sometimes).

Backing up the N7 to pc right now - guess I'll take the box with me and stop by the corporate store this afternoon to see what they think...
    09-16-2016 03:46 PM
3,177 ... 6566676869 ...