10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 56789 ...
tools
    To whom?

I'm gonna name my new non blowing up Note 7 Silver Surfer.
    To me, someone that lives with and feeds 3 giant Great Danes everyday.

Now you going Silver?
    At least you will have had all 3 flavors. I'm stuck on the black bomb.
    09-03-2016 12:17 PM
    My guess is that replacement phones will be specially boxed without accessories
    Where would you get an idea like that? I won't take refurbished garbage.
    09-03-2016 12:19 PM
    Where would you get an idea like that? I won't take refurbished garbage.
    It is new phones. They are running stock for stores, these aren't carrier refurbs.
    09-03-2016 12:21 PM
    Thats not the case. They take all your accessories when you return the phone. If they did what your suggesting youf have no charger, stylus parts etc.
    No
    While I am glad that they are willing to let us exchange, return etc. I'm frustrated with all the time I've taken to customize my phone, etc. and how it was all for nothing. The note 7 was my first Android and I was just getting it to where I wanted it to be with customization, apps, etc. All the apps, screen customization, etc. I can redo (while not happy with it, it can be done). One of my main concerns are the photos/videos I've taken. Is it best to just transfer them to a SD card for the new Note 7 when I get it? All of this is still so new and foreign to me.
    09-03-2016 12:22 PM
    While I am glad that they are willing to let us exchange, return etc. I'm frustrated with all the time I've taken to customize my phone, etc. and how it was all for nothing. The note 7 was my first Android and I was just getting it to where I wanted it to be with customization, apps, etc. All the apps, screen customization, etc. I can redo (while not happy with it, it can be done). One of my main concerns are the photos/videos I've taken. Is it best to just transfer them to a SD card for the new Note 7 when I get it? All of this is still so and foreign to me.
    You can transfer them to the SD card.

SD card or not, photos you want to keep need to be uploaded to Google Photos. This is free unlimited storage and you can set it to upload automatically.

SD cards fail all the time.
    09-03-2016 12:23 PM
    To me, someone that lives with and feeds 3 giant Great Danes everyday.

Now you going Silver?
    At least you will have had all 3 flavors. I'm stuck on the black bomb.
    I figured this was a good opportunity to have all three flavors.

And I have a Boxer. So a box of Boxer puppies
    would definitely make amends with Samsung.
    09-03-2016 12:24 PM
    Thats not the case. They take all your accessories when you return the phone. If they did what your suggesting youf have no charger, stylus parts etc.
    That's good cuz my headphones have never worked LOL
    09-03-2016 12:31 PM
    You can transfer them to the SD card.

SD card or not, photos you want to keep need to be uploaded to Google Photos. This is free unlimited storage and you can set it to upload automatically.

SD cards fail all the time.
    Great, thank you! I'm sure I'll be back later to ask how to do that (upload photos to Google) if I cant figure it out.
    09-03-2016 12:33 PM
    thank you!
    09-03-2016 12:33 PM
    Would there be any advantage? Honestly, how do we even know that retailers aren't still selling the old batch?

Unless Samsung comes up with a serial# range, I don't think retailers can be trusted to do the right thing imo.
    09-03-2016 12:37 PM
    I called Samsung and Verizon as well. I also wend to a Verizon store. I was told that all exchanges are being handled by the carriers. Samsung told me to wait a week for the new units to arrive. Verizon confirmed that I can just come in after a week and do a swap. Verizon still doesn't have their exact process communicated fully to their people but that is what I was told as of today.
    09-03-2016 12:43 PM
    I believe you can, Samsung US came out with a press release yesterday.

But honestly, there is so much miscommunication here it's ridiculous.
    09-03-2016 12:44 PM
    Samsung is directing you to your carrier where you purchased the phone. At this time they arent taking any exchanges directly. This is imo their way to not have to deal with the mess of it all. This way the deal with a handful of carriers vs a million individuals. Its pretty disgraceful if you ask me.
    09-03-2016 12:48 PM
    Would there be any advantage?
    I already paid off my DPP and it is a huge hassle dealing with Target.
    09-03-2016 12:50 PM
    Samsung is directing you to your carrier where you purchased the phone. At this time they arent taking any exchanges directly. This is imo their way to not have to deal with the mess of it all. This way the deal with a handful of carriers vs a million individuals. Its pretty disgraceful if you ask me.
    Samsung Establishes U.S. Product Exchange Program for Galaxy Note7 - Samsung Newsroom
    09-03-2016 12:51 PM
    Honestly, how do we even know that retailers aren't still selling the old batch?
    All of the old stock is being returned to Samsung and cannot be sold. Samsung is refunding the retailers so it is in their best interest to send the old stock back to Samsung.
    09-03-2016 12:51 PM
    Im aware of what their website says and so is customer service. You should call in and try to get them to follow their own rules. I did and if you feel like wasting hours demanding action then by all means go for it. Good luck.
    09-03-2016 12:52 PM
    Great, thank you! I'm sure I'll be back later to ask how to do that (upload photos to Google) if I cant figure it out.
    It is a good program. You can also create albums. Also it is free unlimited photo and video storage. You can also access it from your computer. Can't beat free!
    09-03-2016 12:58 PM
    Has anyone gone to verizon specifically to exchange? I know people have returned i am wondering if they are doing a list or something to determine when you get your replacement.

Side note, i dont think we will havw problems getting replacements demand for this phone unfortunately will drop off now due to this issue and the iphone 7 release in a couple weeks.
    09-03-2016 01:23 PM
    Verizon is just taking them back. Don't have any to give and don't know if Samsung is sending new ones yet. That's the Verizon store rep.
    09-03-2016 01:31 PM
    Has Verizon said anything specific about the process for returning an old GN7 for a new GN7? I'm not talking about their first press release about exchanging/returning the phone generally.
    09-03-2016 01:45 PM
    I'm gonna try and get the silver. I've had blue coral and black onyx, it technically is an exchange and usually when you're doing an exchange it is for another phone and another color would technically be another phone.
    Except that wouldnt be fair to the people who want their same color back because some other people want to try a different color. Then the carrier is out of stock of the color.
    09-03-2016 01:46 PM
    Verizon is just taking them back. Don't have any to give and don't know if Samsung is sending new ones yet. That's the Verizon store rep.
    I was at my local Verizon Corporate store this morning and they didn't have orders to start taking peoples Note 7 back yet for exchange regardless of whether or not they had a new one to give me. Sooooooo.... it ain't smooth sailin' yet. But at least they're not denying the U.S. recall today like they were yesterday.

Peace. Alan
    09-03-2016 01:48 PM
3,177 ... 56789 ...