10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 6869707172 ...
tools
    I thought they already ran out of iPhones? Lol, Apple couldn't keep up with the demand.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    09-17-2016 09:10 AM
    Rose Gold ?
    Lol yes the rose gold bezel/sides of the blue coral phone?
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    09-17-2016 09:10 AM
    Verizon told me yesterday to just show up on 9/21. There will be no advanced program for exchanges.. First come first serve.. Willy nilly. Not impressed
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    09-17-2016 09:20 AM
    Verizon told me yesterday to just show up on 9/21. There will be no advanced program for exchanges.. First come first serve.. Willy nilly. Not impressed
    Very good! Off on Wednesday and will be there first thing in the morning
    09-17-2016 09:29 AM
    I just spoke with a rep online. He told me the phones will be there on the 21st according to samsung.He said samsung said they "should" have enough shipped to each store but they never know how many people will come in on the first day. He suggested that I call first thing in the morning when they open and have them put the phone aside for you if you cant make it there first thing. He told me that is what he will be doing with his replacement.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    09-17-2016 09:43 AM
    I just spoke with a rep online. He told me the phones will be there on the 21st according to samsung.He said samsung said they "should" have enough shipped to each store but they never know how many people will come in on the first day. He suggested that I call first thing in the morning when they open and have them put the phone aside for you if you cant make it there first thing. He told me that is what he will be doing with his replacement.
    I still can't get the chat windows to come up in my browsers. That's my primary source of contact with Verizon because they can tell when I'm irritated or upset on the phone. I like to be as surprised as they are when my fingers decide they're the brains in this operation.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    09-17-2016 10:49 AM
    Walked into a store In Indiana with a Note 7 with a cracked screen. Walked out with a S7 Edge in like 15 minutes.

Sent off for the 256gig promotion gift.

Hopefully it get's approved before I swap out for a new Note 7.
    09-17-2016 10:57 AM
    I couldnt get the chat window either.

On phone with customer care now... was just informed that I would have to do the exchange in store (corporate only) to avoid paying taxes, restocking etc... lol

She is checking now to see if there is a work around for that, beong as I'm well over an hour from the nearest store. I also asked if I would need the box, and if I can switch colors...

Can't wait to hear what load of b.s. I get next
    Kalkarni00 and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    09-17-2016 11:28 AM
    Ok, so the official answer was that yes, I can have a replacement shipped to me, but can't order till weds, and yes, I can choose a new color, and no, I will not need to return the box, or accessories.

She also noted that my bill was due today, and that I would need to pay that before they would process anything for me... lol.
    Shamshi-Adad and keepnitreel like this.
    09-17-2016 11:41 AM
    I couldnt get the chat window either.

On phone with customer care now... was just informed that I would have to do the exchange in store (corporate only) to avoid paying taxes, restocking etc... lol

Can't wait to hear what load of b.s. I get next
    Restock fee is over written by the manager
    The sales tax is refunded on the phone you are returning then you are charged again for the new Note 7.
    09-17-2016 12:00 PM
    Restock fee is over written by the manager
    The sales tax is refunded on the phone you are returning then you are charged again for the new Note 7.
    Yeah, she came back and said it would be as simple as them mailing me a new one, and me mailing the old one back.. no charges etc...

But... thats only cuz of how far from a corporate store I am... the original statement was to go to a store. Which I may end up doing, I have to go into town at the end of next week for something unrelated, so might just stop at the store to see all 3 colors next to each other to make a decision.
    09-17-2016 12:07 PM
    Yeah, she came back and said it would be as simple as them mailing me a new one, and me mailing the old one back.. no charges etc...

But... thats only cuz of how far from a corporate store I am... the original statement was to go to a store. Which I may end up doing, I have to go into town at the end of next week for something unrelated, so might just stop at the store to see all 3 colors next to each other to make a decision.
    My post wasn't very clear, sorry about that.

My dealing was the exchange of my Note 7 for the loaner S7E being completely different and this is why the sale tax switch was done.
    09-17-2016 12:55 PM
    Ahh... yeah, that makes sense then
    09-17-2016 01:06 PM
    I still can't get the chat windows to come up in my browsers. That's my primary source of contact with Verizon because they can tell when I'm irritated or upset on the phone. I like to be as surprised as they are when my fingers decide they're the brains in this operation.
    As soon as the next page settles down SELECT CONTACT US at the top of page to the right.
    Next page SELECT CHAT close to the top, all the way to the left. - I just double-checked for you.

Peace. Alan
    09-17-2016 01:17 PM
    As soon as the next page settles down SELECT CONTACT US at the top of page to the right.
    Next page SELECT CHAT close to the top, all the way to the left. - I just double-checked for you.

Peace. Alan
    I did this, and was greeted by autochat (bot) which gave me a list of faq's... then, I finally got a message saying my bill was past due (due today) and to please call to process Payment, and for help...

What geys me, yeah, my bill is due, amd fully plan on paying it, but how can they deny me an exchange on a device that was recalled for safety issues, just cuz my bill is due today? Even on weds, if I still havent paid?

I was gonna pay my bill today, but now I kinda wanna wait to see how this plays out. VZW could be opening themselves up to all kinds of legal issues if this is truly their stance.
    Jewels81 and Viscomi4444 like this.
    09-17-2016 01:24 PM
    I did this, and was greeted by autochat (bot) which gave me a list of faq's... then, I finally got a message saying my bill was past due (due today) and to please call to process Payment, and for help...

What geys me, yeah, my bill is due, amd fully plan on paying it, but how can they deny me an exchange on a device that was recalled for safety issues, just cuz my bill is due today? Even on weds, if I still havent paid?

I was gonna pay my bill today, but now I kinda wanna wait to see how this plays out. VZW could be opening themselves up to all kinds of legal issues if this is truly their stance.
    I'm wondering the same thing.
    09-17-2016 01:30 PM

You gave them an easy way out by your bill not being paid yet. And you want to continue that track? Why not take the easy way and pay now so that's out of the way within a few hours? Or not. That's what makes this thread so exciting.

Good luck any which-a-way.

Peace. Alan
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    09-17-2016 01:35 PM
    Yeah, I could pay my bill today, but an easy out for them? This isn't something vzw is doing out of the kindness of their heart. They are doing it cuz the are obligated to. Denying me the process to exchange my defective, possibly dangerous device for a safe one, because of a past due (due today) Balance is foolish on their part, amd if they give me the opportunity, I will take them to task.

I pay them a lot of money for their services, and wouldnt even dream of going to another provider, but if they wanna be foolish, and give me an easy in, ill play the game
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-17-2016 01:42 PM
    Verizon says in store swap only, no shipping for the replacements.
    Shamshi-Adad and Kalkarni00 like this.
    09-17-2016 01:44 PM

Verizon's system is not setup for recall mode. Managers are doing overrides on the double exchange and anything else related to the recall. So I would assume that you will need a manager to override the past due bill, if that's an option in the manager's override authority...
    The system is just not setup up for this unprecedented circumstance
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-17-2016 01:47 PM
    Yeah, I could pay my bill today, but an easy out for them? This isn't something vzw is doing out of the kindness of their heart. They are doing it cuz the are obligated to. Denying me the process to exchange my defective, possibly dangerous device for a safe one, because of a past due (due today) Balance is foolish on their part, amd if they give me the opportunity, I will take them to task.

I pay them a lot of money for their services, and wouldnt even dream of going to another provider, but if they wanna be foolish, and give me an easy in, ill play the game
    Like I said, I'm addicted to this thread. I've always been a voyeur in the sense that I like to see how people set about trying to accomplish something.

Again, best of luck to ya

Peace. Alan
    09-17-2016 01:49 PM

Funny. I had an $800+ balance and paid $600 on 9/14, the due date. I won't have the difference until the Friday after the replacements come, and I'll be airborne on a trip with my daughter that morning! Just called my corporate store (who has been awesome thru this whole thing, and as current on info as all of us here). She (who I've seen a few times throughout this whole thing) said, "Don't even worry about it. Your bill has nothing to do with a mandatory recall. Just see me when you come in Wednesday."

Anyone in Central NJ should make this their store
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-17-2016 01:49 PM
    Verizon says in store swap only, no shipping for the replacements.
    lol... you can't just say that without giving us your source.

Peace. Alan
    09-17-2016 01:56 PM
    Funny. I had an $800+ balance and paid $600 on 9/14, the due date. I won't have the difference until the Friday after the replacements come, and I'll be airborne on a trip with my daughter that morning! Just called my corporate store (who has been awesome thru this whole thing, and as current on info as all of us here). She (who I've seen a few times throughout this whole thing) said, "Don't even worry about it. Your bill has nothing to do with a mandatory recall. Just see me when you come in Wednesday."

Anyone in Central NJ should make this their store
    Oh... I'm sure if I went into a store, they would say the same. That's part of my point. I called, and that was the response I got... If in store managers can override things, why can't the vzw call Center?

It's not a huge deal, I just like playing devils advocate 😈
    Shamshi-Adad and Jewels81 like this.
    09-17-2016 02:06 PM
    Not true.

Just got off the phone. They said to call back on the 21st. They said they don't know if I need to return the box and accessories.
    I informed them the nearest store is 3 hours away. They said no problem, call us back on the 21st and we will get you situated.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-17-2016 02:10 PM
3,177 ... 6869707172 ...