10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 6970717273 ...
tools
    Not true.

Just got off the phone. They said to call back on the 21st. They said they don't know if I need to return the box and accessories.
    I informed them the nearest store is 3 hours away. They said no problem, call us back on the 21st and we will get you situated.
    I've been calling VZW Support every other day for over a week now and no matter who I get THAT'S the same thing they tell me, every time. And that'll work for me!

Peace. Alan
    09-17-2016 02:24 PM
    I've been calling VZW Support every other day for over a week now and no matter who I get THAT'S the same thing they tell me, every time. And that'll work for me!

Peace. Alan
    I know it sounds petty, but I would really like to keep all the accessories (phone charger, extra pointers, earphones). Do you think they will let us keep them?
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    09-17-2016 02:26 PM
    lol... you can't just say that without giving us your source.

Peace. Alan
    Verizon 800#
    09-17-2016 02:35 PM
    I know it sounds petty, but I would really like to keep all the accessories (phone charger, extra pointers, earphones). Do you think they will let us keep them?
    I don't know. BUT, I'm not going to mention it when I call on Wed 21st unless they haven't said anything about the accessories up until the very last second, then I'll ask. Only after they've agreed to ship my new phone and my return-shipping-label. Once that's a done deal THEN I'll ask. Just keepin' my cards close to my chest.

Peace. Alan
    09-17-2016 02:41 PM
    I'm still using mine. I buy from an Authorized Reseller and have since I can remember. He has always done the right thing by me and has kept me up to date. He says he is supposed to have new stock by 9/21. I suspect that because he is not corporate it might take a little longer. I can wait.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-17-2016 02:45 PM
    Verizon 800#
    Ok, 'den. one more onion in the pot. And ya can't have too many onions.

Peace. Alan
    Schlubbe likes this.
    09-17-2016 02:47 PM
    I'm still using mine. I buy from an Authorized Reseller and have since I can remember. He has always done the right thing by me and has kept me up to date. He says he is supposed to have new stock by 9/21. I suspect that because he is not corporate it might take a little longer. I can wait.
    I KNOW!!! That Baby was sooooo fine, it' feels like she's been gone for months. I can't wait either.

Peace. Alan
    09-17-2016 02:50 PM
    Verizon 800#
    A lot of rep's still don't have a clue. Every rep i've talked to has had to "read up on something". You would imagine the biggest thing verizon would be facing, is thousands of phones needing to be replaced and every tech would be brought up to speed every morning.

Makes me question Verizon's ability to have informed tech support.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    09-17-2016 02:50 PM
    I kept everything. But even if I would have returned the accessories, I still would have kept the headphones. Headphones can't be reused or salvaged, for sanitary reasons.
    09-17-2016 02:54 PM
    A lot of rep's still don't have a clue. Every rep i've talked to has had to "read up on something". You would imagine the biggest thing verizon would be facing, is thousands of phones needing to be replaced and every tech would be brought up to speed every morning.

Makes me question Verizon's ability to have informed tech support.
    Just hang in there, don't show any anger, talk like if your smiling, as a matter of fact, smile while you're talking. Early on if you get a chance ask them what part of the country they're in. Tell them where you're at. After all we want something THEY GOT. Don't overdo the 'sugar' just keep it nice. It always works.

EDIT> It's gonna be a rough day on them and we'll probably have to wait in line to get a Rep. Keep the A.C. runnin'.

Peace. Alan
    09-17-2016 02:56 PM
    I just want to be able to walk into the store and replace my phone without any type of stupid issue or something. I don't have the box just charger and some other stuff that came with it.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-17-2016 03:29 PM
    I kept everything. But even if I would have returned the accessories, I still would have kept the headphones. Headphones can't be reused or salvaged, for sanitary reasons.
    People on eBay didn't get that memo. Lol.
    09-17-2016 03:41 PM
    I just want to be able to walk into the store and replace my phone without any type of stupid issue or something. I don't have the box just charger and some other stuff that came with it.
    You won't have any issues except for one thing:
    1: a LOT of people waiting for a clerk to make eye contact and say, "Can I help you". There will be no established obvious queue for people to wait in line because chairs and stools are scattered all over the store and nobody's gonna want to stand while waiting, ergo no defined queue. And there won't be any "Take-A-Number" system. Just chairs, stools and standing.

Peace. Alan
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    09-17-2016 03:46 PM
    People on eBay didn't get that memo. Lol.
    That's nasty!!! I wouldn't use second hand (ear) headphones from someone that doesn't live in my household...
    Guess I'll have 3 pairs when this is over
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-17-2016 03:47 PM
    That's nasty!!! I wouldn't use second hand (ear) headphones from someone that doesn't live in my household...
    Just think of all the strange Ear Worm Songs you'd pickup from a stranger's earphones. My own are bad enough and can last for DAYS sometimes. "I" wouldn't take that chance either.

Peace. Alan
    Tisha722 likes this.
    09-17-2016 03:58 PM
    Agreed. I argued day and night with my rep upon getting my loaner phone that Verizon would not be receiving my ear buds because I tried them on. Ear ickiness is ear ickiness, I don't care how stingy Verizon tries to be.
    09-17-2016 04:19 PM
    Has anyone noticed the Mods and the Ambassadors have all left. I'm sure they're watching to make sure no fights start up or any thing.

It's like they said everything they had to say to us 6 times over and then just left us all in the play-pen and as long as nobody's crying, they're just all in the kitchen drinkin' coffee and talkin.

Peace. Alan
    Kalkarni00, Viscomi4444 and French like this.
    09-17-2016 04:19 PM
    When I called Verizon only options I had was to send in both my Note 7's wait for them to receive them then send me replacements. Or walk into a store Wednesday and exchange there. Since me and my wife are still using our Note 7's will have to do that and hope they have them as well as coral blue colors.
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    09-17-2016 04:20 PM
    Agreed. I argued day and night with my rep upon getting my loaner phone that Verizon would not be receiving my ear buds because I tried them on. Ear ickiness is ear ickiness, I don't care how stingy Verizon tries to be.
    When I turned in my N7 for S7E, Verizon required all accessories to be returned. I asked about the ear buds and the rep said due to liability issues they required everything back...what a line of bs

We'll see what they require when I get the new N7... Lol
    09-17-2016 04:28 PM
    Guy I talked to last night told me even tho I preordered it they wouldn't ship it to me unless store didn't have my color. I so would like to do the chat option but that never pops up anymore when i go to their website
    I've learned if you "Shop" chat will pop up.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-17-2016 04:52 PM
    When I took mine back they said they wanted everything and I told them the charger was broke and i wasnt bringing the ear buds because that is nasty. She said just bring what you can its not a deal breaker. The guy that swapped my phone never looked in the box at all.
    09-17-2016 04:53 PM
    Verizon says in store swap only, no shipping for the replacements.
    no offense, but that is not correct. they will ship, you arrange it on the 21st. it means you will wait longer but they will ship.
    Shamshi-Adad and Kalkarni00 like this.
    09-17-2016 04:59 PM
    I've learned if you "Shop" chat will pop up.
    At the top way to the right Select Contact Us
    on next page not all the way to the top, a little ways down, ALL the way to the left Select Chat

But your way works too. Soooo....

Peace. Alan
    09-17-2016 04:59 PM
    Just hang in there, don't show any anger, talk like if your smiling, as a matter of fact, smile while you're talking. Early on if you get a chance ask them what part of the country they're in. Tell them where you're at. After all we want something THEY GOT. Don't overdo the 'sugar' just keep it nice. It always works.

EDIT> It's gonna be a rough day on them and we'll probably have to wait in line to get a Rep. Keep the A.C. runnin'.

Peace. Alan
    Alan has it figured out. I always smile really big (not my natural RBF lol) when I call for customer support. Yes ma'am/sir no ma'am/sir as applicable. A wee bit of small talk, you know like you're actually talking to a human being that in this case has to deal with a lot of nasty phone calls due to the recall and limited supply of new iPhones. Works like a charm every single time!
    Shamshi-Adad, delynnie and tntiger like this.
    09-17-2016 05:11 PM
    no offense, but that is not correct. they will ship, you arrange it on the 21st. it means you will wait longer but they will ship.
    Whoa...Whoa...Whoa now. You're talkin' sense now. You can't talk sense around here lol

Peace. Alan

ps. Is there really a Note 7 Owners Club? Is it Adult Swim with Annual Dues I hope?
    09-17-2016 05:29 PM
3,177 ... 6970717273 ...