10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 7172737475 ...
tools
    Went into one of the corporate stores today to see what they had to say and if they had a procedure in place. They just said to come in Wednesday and swap the phone. I then asked if I should bring the original box and accessories. They told me no, just keep it. Samsung doesn't want any of that. And they (Verizon) doesn't want to deal with disposing of it. The guy told me if anyone is making customers return everything, they are most likely keeping the box and accessories for themselves to sell on ebay.
    Great news then!
    09-17-2016 11:24 PM
    I suspect there should be no over thinking things now with the mandatory recall. Different kettle of fish when it was a voluntary recall. People have to understand that store employees make their money on sales. They are expected to make sales. Min wage. Conversions = commissions and possible bonus. Not set up for a huge recall such as this. We (recall customers) are a "nuisance" to them. Actually amazed at how smooth the process is with current variables in place. Even the folks you call on the phone...they are expected (if they want to make $ and keep their job) to convert a sale of some sort. Not a system that is about TRUE customer support. Not just VZW.
    Shamshi-Adad and bluesboy77 like this.
    09-18-2016 12:13 AM
    I have a question. I avoid Verizon stores whenever possible and order my phones online. Anytime I have ever received a phone from a store, the sales person always set it up. Is there any way to just go in and get the phone in the box at a store? Has anybody ever walked out of a Verizon store with a sealed phone to set up at home? I like to set them up on my own.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    09-18-2016 02:46 AM
    I have a question. I avoid Verizon stores whenever possible and order my phones online. Anytime I have ever received a phone from a store, the sales person always set it up. Is there any way to just go in and get the phone in the box at a store? Has anybody ever walked out of a Verizon store with a sealed phone to set up at home? I like to set them up on my own.
    Yes, I have. You just have to demand that they do not open or touch your phone. All they need to do is scan the numbers on the end of the box into the system and you are good to go. Everyone of these counter jockeys will say that the phone "has to be activated" which is total BS.
    I'll refuse to take a phone if they insist on putting their greasy mitts on it.
    09-18-2016 03:21 AM
    I've learned if you "Shop" chat will pop up.
    Yeah that's how mine used to pop up but not amymore😊
    09-18-2016 04:49 AM
    Yea, tell them to not open the box. Simple as that. You paid for it, it's your phone. Don't let them trick you into opening it lol.
    Shamshi-Adad and dogdooley like this.
    09-18-2016 05:14 AM
    Has anyone had any luck with getting Verizon to ship a new note 7 replacement?I was told that they have to put a order in to ship and because there system shows they won't be available till the 21st.They can not put that threw till then.I had ordered mine originally online threw Verizon and shipped to me.I wanted to do that again so i can transfer everything myself.I am also working on the 21st and won't have time to stop in a store.Figured with there 2 day shipping it would be to me by Friday and i could wait till then.I really don't want to deal with the people in the store.Why i am i reading that other carriers already giving customers theirs.Like Sprint.
    Verizon is taking quite literally the 21st part of the announcement, so yes if you want to have it shipped you will have to call them on the 21st IMHO. i plan to call them at 7 am on the 21st so if you could call at 7:30 that would be great
    09-18-2016 05:35 AM
    It's going to get pretty interesting if a Verizon employee tells me he cant exchange my recalled device because I dont have the charger and headphones.
    they will exchange, they just may remove those items from the box of the replacement phone.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-18-2016 05:37 AM
    It's going to get pretty interesting if a Verizon employee tells me he cant exchange my recalled device because I dont have the charger and headphones.
    I have a feeling as long your phone is even remotely working, they are going to take it regardless of condition or what you bring with it. I think it has gotten to the point where they want all these phones back at all costs. I am actually not going to be in a rush to bring mine back as I am enjoying carrying the phone naked and care free lol.
    09-18-2016 07:48 AM
    The only reason I would bring up the accessories, is the fact samsungs footing the bill anyways.
    And then suppose your next bill reflects the prices of the accessories you didn't return with the phone?

Peace. Alan
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    09-18-2016 09:24 AM
    I have a feeling as long your phone is even remotely working, they are going to take it regardless of condition or what you bring with it. I think it has gotten to the point where they want all these phones back at all costs. I am actually not going to be in a rush to bring mine back as I am enjoying carrying the phone naked and care free lol.
    I feel the same way but I'll actually be going on vacation on the 23rd and would love to take my new phone that hopefully Comes with improved battery life
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-18-2016 09:28 AM
    My Verizon chat rep said to keep all accessories, they just want the phones back. So, my question is... is the S-pen an accessory?
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-18-2016 10:44 AM
    My Verizon chat rep said to keep all accessories, they just want the phones back. So, my question is... is the S-pen an accessory?
    No, it's part of the phone.

Although additional stylus can be brought..

Edit: but it is an accessory even though it isn't but it is...
    Shamshi-Adad and jackash0912 like this.
    09-18-2016 10:49 AM
    Might be a different story when the counter jockey at the Verizon store examines the contents of your Note 7 box when you go to make the exchange.

Maybe you should post this chat conversation up so we can print it out and bring it with us when we all go the exchange next week.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-18-2016 11:00 AM
    Might be a different story when the counter jockey at the Verizon store examines the contents of your Note 7 box when you go to make the exchange.

Maybe you should post this chat conversation up so we can print it out and bring it with us when we all go the exchange next week.
    I did a few pages back, I think. I am getting a new one shipped to me and she said only the phone needed to be returned that I would keep all accessories.

You : I am wondering if there is an option for Verizon to send me a replacement.
    You : Instead of having to drive two hours round trip to pick up a replacement device.
    Casey : Yes, I am. I am checking with our technical team as to the process that needs to be done on your case.
    You : thank you
    Casey : I have submitted a request to our technical team for a replacement of your device. Once the new devices arrive, they would ship out a device to you and along it would be a return box where you would need to send the device back to us. Only the device needs to be sent back, you can exclude the accessories.
    Casey : To follow-up, you can contact our technical team at 800-922-0204 option 3.
    09-18-2016 11:42 AM
    When you replace a note through the insurance company (Asurion), they do not include the SPen. They tell you to remove yours before returning.
    So, I guess they consider it an accessory.
    09-18-2016 12:12 PM
    When you replace a note through the insurance company (Asurion), they do not include the SPen. They tell you to remove yours before returning.
    THAT is some good information.

Peace. Alan
    bluesboy77 likes this.
    09-18-2016 12:16 PM
    But wait, don't they usually send a certified used phone, too?

Peace. Alan
    09-18-2016 12:19 PM
    The Verizon store where my wife's' S7 was purchased just handed us the boxed phone and a sheet of paper that had instructions for transferring data from her old G3 to the S7...
    Shamshi-Adad and dogdooley like this.
    09-18-2016 12:51 PM
    I'm keeping everything including the S-Pen. It's the least Samsung owes me for the hassle.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    09-18-2016 12:56 PM
    Lol, knew I forgot something

If you're familiar with Bridgewater, it's on Route 202, driving SW, on the right (right before Wegmans).
    Hunh ?

Peace. Alan
    09-18-2016 12:57 PM
    The Verizon store where my wife's' S7 was purchased just handed us the boxed phone and a sheet of paper that had instructions for transferring data from her old G3 to the S7...
    It's a lot easier going from a recent Samsung phone like S7 or Note7 to another Note 7. 1) Use SmartSwitch to back everything up on a SD card. 2) Put SD card into new phone. 3) Use SmartSwitch to restore everything from backup on the SD card. QED.
    Shamshi-Adad and Kalkarni00 like this.
    09-18-2016 12:58 PM
    I'm keeping everything including the S-Pen. It's the least Samsung owes me for the hassle.
    They're giving you a credit as well. I think they've given you plenty.
    Shamshi-Adad and WyDave like this.
    09-18-2016 01:10 PM
    They're giving you a credit as well. I think they've given you plenty.
    The only thing they gave me is a massive headache and a boat load of stress.
    Worth a hell of a lot more than a lousy $25. credit.
    09-18-2016 01:18 PM
    This is really getting my blood boiling now !

Not only was I treated like crap at the Canton Ohio Company store I now see my memory card was not put into my loaner.

I was given crap because I ASKED for the SPen the manager went off with out letting me even explain things. They demanded the original box etc.
    The whole visit was while over 3 hours and I had to make 2 trips to complete the transaction. I do believe this manager was having a bad day and took it out on me
    I am handicapped and for some reason Verizon things its a good idea not to have many chairs. No fun for me standing.

As for my missing 256 memory card that is my own stupidity for letting the manager give me a bums rush out of the store.
    ggrr8t likes this.
    09-18-2016 01:25 PM
3,177 ... 7172737475 ...