10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 7778798081 ...
tools
    I called the store today too and the girl just said "Later this month". You know Verizon, everyone else will get them first. Verizon is such a pain.
    She is 100% correct the 21st is later this month, score 1 for Verizon.
    09-19-2016 12:48 PM
    So I went into my local Matthews, NC store. They said they wont even ship them to the store until the 23rd. He told me to start calling the store on the 25th or 26th. WTF

So I drove across the street and went into best buy. I am looking at a new tablet. I have considered the galaxy tab series, but have never held one. I may hold out till the s3 comes out IF it comes out soon. Anyway I started talking to the Samsung rep and while I am standing there the manager walks up and says " We just got the note 7's in but cant sell them until the 21st." AGAIN WTF. So best buy which sells sprint, tmobile verizon and everything else they get them ahead of the company that just sells phones. Like a wireless store as oppose to a company thta sells washers and dryers. I may need to remember this for future purchases.
    09-19-2016 12:51 PM
    New update today from Verizon that will make the new replacements Note 7 battery icons green.
    I updated my original explosive Note 7 and still have the white battery icon and a bunch of safety warnings now.
    Charging now to see if the update gimped my battery level at all.

Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread-update.jpgVerizon Note 7 Recall Thread-update2.jpgVerizon Note 7 Recall Thread-update3.jpg
    HaVoK_C89 likes this.
    09-19-2016 12:53 PM
    Just did my daily call to the local store and the woman was very rude. She basically said "Look, Samsung sent an email saying they are shipping them by the 21st. We don't even know when we will get them."
    Here is part of my letter it doesn't say shipping on the 21st is says at the DEALERS by the 21st

Dear George, as part of our voluntary recall, Samsung is announcing that new Galaxy Note7 replacement devices will be available in the United States at most retail locations no later than September 21, 2016.
    09-19-2016 01:10 PM
    Here is part of my letter it doesn't say shipping on the 21st is says at the DEALERS by the 21st

Dear George, as part of our voluntary recall, Samsung is announcing that new Galaxy Note7 replacement devices will be available in the United States at most retail locations no later than September 21, 2016.
    In the text message I received from Verizon on 9/15, it says "On Wednesday, 9/21/16, Samsungs's new Note7 will be available." That tells me that they are planning a national release on that day, nothing before.
    09-19-2016 01:21 PM
    In the text message I received from Verizon on 9/15, it says "On Wednesday, 9/21/16, Samsungs's new Note7 will be available." That tells me that they are planning a national release on that day, nothing before.
    I never got a text from Verizon but I guess the key wording is "MOST RETAIL LOCAtiONS"
    09-19-2016 01:26 PM
    I'm going to text my dad tomorrow and tell him there's some else close to his age rockin a N7 too..... He's 70... He returned his last week for a refund though.. kept all the accessories and went back to his N3 until everything gets sorted out
    I don't blame him, not really. He don't like the level of confusion and all and more-power-to-him to just walk away from it.

Peace. Alan
    09-19-2016 01:38 PM
    Off topic. I need to switch carriers. Does Verizon brand this phone physically? (Is there Verizon logo on the Note 7?)

What's the bloatware situation like? Anything I should be aware of? I heard some people didn't have the option for Samsung cloud or Device maintenance (change resolution for power savings)

Is that true?
    09-19-2016 01:38 PM
    Off topic. I need to switch carriers. Does Verizon brand this phone physically? (Is there Verizon logo on the Note 7?)

What's the bloatware situation like? Anything I should be aware of? I heard some people didn't have the option for Samsung cloud or Device maintenance (change resolution for power savings)

Is that true?
    Yes, the big Verizon logo is on the back. No Samsung cloud or device maintenance either.
    larry1014 likes this.
    09-19-2016 01:45 PM

Is that true?
    Yes. On mine (explodable model) there I VZ branding the back.
    09-19-2016 01:50 PM
    So I have this beautiful black Note7 and the government, the manufacturer and the carrier say I should exchange it right away with a new one. The problem is.....Nobody has a new one to replace it with!!!!!!
    09-19-2016 02:24 PM
    So I have this beautiful black Note7 and the government, the manufacturer and the carrier say I should exchange it right away with a new one. The problem is.....Nobody has a new one to replace it with!!!!!!
    Yea, WTF gives with this mess?
    dogdooley and Viscomi4444 like this.
    09-19-2016 02:31 PM
    I called 2 local corporate stores (south eastern Massachusetts) and both reps who answered were either actually clueless or can't say they have the new phones.... this is frustrating, why can't they give a solid answer!
    09-19-2016 03:29 PM
    I've been peeking in on the Verizon thread on Howard Forums to keep up with the new hurdles you guys face
    What have you gleaned from over there? Anything transcendental?

Peace. Alan
    09-19-2016 03:35 PM
    I called 2 local corporate stores (south eastern Massachusetts) and both reps who answered were either actually clueless or can't say they have the new phones.... this is frustrating, why can't they give a solid answer!
    This is the million dollar question!!!!!! I emailed corporate on Friday and received no response! Nobody seems to know for sure when the phones will be available.
    09-19-2016 03:40 PM
    I can verify that same is going with the Little Rock metro Verizon stores...no one knows anything. Guess they'll get there when they get there but it means I'll call every other day or so.
    Shamshi-Adad and dogdooley like this.
    09-19-2016 03:57 PM
    I can verify that same is going with the Little Rock metro Verizon stores...no one knows anything. Guess they'll get there when they get there but it means I'll call every other day or so.
    Yes! And you would think that a communications company would be somewhat good at communicating, but Verizon has shown me that they actually excel in Lack of Communication!
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    09-19-2016 04:10 PM
    There is no comm in comm lol. The website says available the 21st so id assume they will have it on the 21st
    09-19-2016 04:15 PM
    How about this? Why don't we all just chill and wait till 6am Wednesday September 21 morning for these phones to be in the store..only then can and will we start getting 😡 😡 😡. Just relax people and sip some wine or something
    09-19-2016 04:18 PM
    There is no comm in comm lol. The website says available the 21st so id assume they will have it on the 21st
    I like that.

Still, I think it could be considered an IMPOSSIBLE historical logistical feat for every store to receive shipments of new Note 7 (for Exchange) through the day tomorrow so that they have them by opening time on Wednesday.

"I" believe that many stores already have them, but have been told not to release them until the last few stores get their shipments. AND I think THAT'S why we catch attitudes at the stores because they just don't know how to lye to us, it pains them, they can't look us in the eye, but they've been told by Management NOT to tell us the truth that they have their Note 7(s) sitting in the back already.

Just my 2 cents

Peace. Alan
    09-19-2016 04:30 PM
    I honestly don't like bashing Verizon or any other company for that matter. I have been with Verizon since they were Bell Atlantic Mobile and in the 20 years, I have had mostly good things to say about them. Sure, they pissed me off a few times but for the most part it turned out well in the end. This situation, however, is different. I understand that this is a Samsung issue, but Verizon is the carrier and retailer. I don't want any special favors or anything crazy. I just want communication and Verizon has not been communicating. Every time I logged onto my Verizon Wireless account, I was greeted by an ad to pre-order the Note7. I finally did pre-order it and received it on 8/19. I was told 2 weeks later to shut it down and since then, I have received countless warnings to exchange it, but no idea when or how to do that. The stores were giving me different information than the phone reps and nobody responded to my emails. I took the advice of the salesman from my last visit to the store and kept my Note7 and just waited and waited. I don't mind waiting, but where is the communication? After almost 3 weeks, I would think Verizon would have a plan. Can they mail me a new phone? I don't know. Will it be available on the 21st? I don't know. Do I need to return the box? I don't know. Will there be enough for everyone? I don't know. After reading these forums, it is obvious that Verizon has no plan and who knows what will happen on 8/21. Hopefully, I can have one shipped to me to set up as I please. In my 20 years of being a Verizon/Bell Atlantic customer, This is the absolute worst I have seen as far as customer service!
    09-19-2016 04:30 PM
    I like that.

Still, I think it could be considered an IMPOSSIBLE historical logistical feat for every store to receive shipments of new Note 7 (for Exchange) through the day tomorrow so that they have them by opening time on Wednesday.

"I" believe that many stores already have them, but have been told not to release them until the last few stores get their shipments. AND I think THAT'S why we catch attitudes at the stores because they just don't know how to lye to us, it pains them, they can't look us in the eye, but they've been told by Management NOT to tell us the truth that they have their Note 7(s) sitting in the back already.

Just my 2 cents

Peace. Alan
    I believe that is what happened too
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-19-2016 04:34 PM
    Stopped in the Dover, DE corporate VZW store this afternoon and the greeter told me they don;'t have any new Note 7 devices yet, but they expect them Wednesday (9/21)...he noted "...that's what I heard..." so wasn't all that convincing. We'll see....that's not my local store anyway, was just passing through and figured I'd ask.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-19-2016 04:36 PM
    This is the absolute worst I have seen as far as customer service!
    Man I love your dog. Is that like a full size Spaniel / Bird Dog?

Peace. Alan
    09-19-2016 04:38 PM
    Man I love your dog. Is that like a full size Spaniel / Bird Dog?

Peace. Alan
    Thank you! He is my Border Collie puppy (11 months). I had the GS pointer when I used to bird hunt. This guy is a herder.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-19-2016 04:41 PM
3,177 ... 7778798081 ...