10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 8586878889 ...
tools
    Today, my chat rep said to call the phone number and the phone rep said i would need to return the device before they could send me a new one. He recommended going to a store. Could they provide any more hoops to jump through for those of us who purchased online??????
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    09-20-2016 11:54 AM
    Does anyone know if you have to return all the accessories with the phone to Verizon? It would be nice to keep them for our troubles.
    I contacted the Verizon PR rep who wrote the article about the recall, and he said that you aren't required to return all accessories or the box, but he recommended returning everything if you have it.

My experience with the corporate stores are pretty dismal so...while they might take it, at least at my store, i would'nt expect them to take it back without a fight.
    09-20-2016 11:57 AM
    Does anyone know if you have to return all the accessories with the phone to Verizon? It would be nice to keep them for our troubles.
    Depends on the store/rep... I've heard people that said the rep requested everything, down to the headphone case. I only returned the phone and a empty box, like a few other folks have..
    09-20-2016 11:58 AM
    You can also contact George Koroneos, who wrote the article about the Note 7 and recall

Meet the new Samsung Galaxy Note7 from Verizon; preorders start tomorrow | About Verizon

Media Contacts | About Verizon
    09-20-2016 12:05 PM
    So if you call the Verizon 800 number (800-922-0204) and you immediately press 0 to get to a live person.... is it just me or does the recorded voice that tells you they will transfer to an operator sound a little annoyed that you made it that far in the automated system.
    bbqdroid likes this.
    09-20-2016 12:06 PM
    I just got home from the Verizon store in Glen Burnie & they were thankfully able to swap the new phone out with no issues. They said they had just received the new notes this morning so some stores still might be without them until tomorrow. The rep did ask if I had the box & receipt for the original, which I did just to be safe, but it wasn't required. She said having the box helps her process it faster (How exactly is beyond me, since all info is on my account) Anyways, they did not ask for any of the accessories back or anything, not that I was planning on returning them anyway...but you should all be able to keep the additional accessories from the new phone as well, which will give you an additional charger & everything else which is nice.

All in all it was a pretty painless process at the store here. I did not have them restore anything at the store, as I'm about to start that dreaded process here myself. The only difference with the new box is the black dot. Build quality seems pretty much the exact same so far, but only time will tell. Once I do a full charge & have a day or two to test out the new battery, I'll know for sure.

Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread-20160920_125706.jpg
    09-20-2016 12:08 PM
    Just received a text from verizon that said Note 7 is available, but said they are working with Samsung about shipment to stores.
    Kalkarni00 and From A Buick 8 like this.
    09-20-2016 12:11 PM
    I just got home from the Verizon store in Glen Burnie & they were thankfully able to swap the new phone out with no issues. They said they had just received the new notes this morning so some stores still might be without them until tomorrow. The rep did ask if I had the box & receipt for the original, which I did just to be safe, but it wasn't required. She said having the box helps her process it faster (How exactly is beyond me, since all info is on my account) Anyways, they did not ask for any of the accessories back or anything, not that I was planning on returning them anyway...but you should all be able to keep the additional accessories from the new phone as well, which will give you an additional charger & everything else which is nice.

All in all it was a pretty painless process at the store here. I did not have them restore anything at the store, as I'm about to start that dreaded process here myself. The only difference with the new box is the black dot. Build quality seems pretty much the exact same so far, but only time will tell. Once I do a full charge & have a day or two to test out the new battery, I'll know for sure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160920_125706.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	410.3 KB 
ID:	240044
    Glen Burnie, MD?

I just called one of the store in dc. They asked me to call back in about an hour or so
    09-20-2016 12:22 PM
    I only go to corporate stores. It is the place I purchased but I would think it wouldn't matter as long as it's Verizon. Who knows though. Depends on who you get?
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    09-20-2016 12:24 PM
    I called 2 corporate stores (one in Dublin, CA and the other in South San Francisco,CA). The Dublin store had no idea when they were coming in and were pretty rude about it. The San Francisco store told me they are expecting a "massive shipment" of phones by 2pm today and was willing to hold one for me if it included the Note 7 in the batch. I guess the experience per corporate store will vary based on the manager there and the kind of customer service (if any) training they all get. I will stop by in the afternoon to check further. Personally, I never resort to being rude back as I've used to in my younger days. As I've learned throughout the years, people who love what they do in a customer-service based job will always find a way to treat customers right. They appreciate their jobs and are over joyed when you tell them you will give them high marks in their surveys. I have written a few emails to their managers admiring the kind of service I've received. They appreciate that. As for the rudeness and poor service, I chalk that up to the folks who see their situation as a ways to make ends meet and most likely have a shi**ier life than you.
    09-20-2016 12:36 PM
    Just an FYI to those like me that got a phone or chat rep to "cheat the system" and get them a replacement shipped today.

A supervisor at Verizon called me and said that the reps were not suppose to do that. He told me that the reason Verizon wants you to do this in store is because the CSR can scan the phone as an acceptable return. He said otherwise, when the "Warehouse" receives our returned phones and they scan them and they are outside the "14 day window" that we could be incorrectly charged for the full purchase price of the phone since the system will catch it as not being 'returned within 14 days'. He said either I would be charged full price for the phone, or under my phone number I would have 2 device monthly payments or everything will get credited as promised and work out. He said they urge people to go into the store so that there is NO risk of this happening and he honestly made more sense than anyone I have spoken to. He did clarify that the rep did what she did correctly, it just wasn't how they are suppose to be handling the replacements due to the warehouse and the electronic system and if I was mischarged I could call and have it resolved.

Just wanted to FYI for anyone else to watch their bill. He called me because I complained during the survey about the first rep who didn't help.
    keepnitreel and Mooncatt like this.
    09-20-2016 12:46 PM
    Glen Burnie, MD?

I just called one of the store in dc. They asked me to call back in about an hour or so
    Yep, MD. I went to the Ritchie Hwy location. I live in Arundel Mills area so that's the closest corporate to me.
    09-20-2016 12:48 PM
    Well my replacement phone is ordered, got the order confirmation. Should be here Thursday
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    09-20-2016 12:53 PM
    When I went into the Green Bay Corp store and said I wanted to get set up for the recall exchange, the first words out of the clerk's mouth were, "Ok, we'll need the phone and all the accessories to do it."

YMMV as have others on here.
    09-20-2016 12:58 PM
    Halleluja!!! Store just called they just received a large shipment. Running out the door........
    jn3wman likes this.
    09-20-2016 01:02 PM
    At the Verizon Store as I type and they said they just got them in, getting mine now. Fleet Street Baltimore, MD.
    TheMiz, jn3wman and Viscomi4444 like this.
    09-20-2016 01:02 PM
    I'm inside my Verizon store now and they have them!!!!
    Henrico County, Virginia
    09-20-2016 01:06 PM
    Was driving by a store and had a few spare minutes, so I popped in.

"We don't have any. They should be in this week."
    09-20-2016 01:07 PM
    Got my new note 7 at Verizon in East Plano, tx they just got them in
    TheMiz likes this.
    09-20-2016 01:08 PM
    Hey everyone I just purchased the blue note 7 online so it should arrive on Thursday according to the shipping info. I am a little upset that the new phones were not in stock to receive the samsung 256gb promotional. Does anyone know if samsung is planning on extending this offer to new note 7 owners or is the offer only good for s7 and s7 edge
    09-20-2016 01:09 PM
    At the Verizon Store as I type and they said they just got them in, getting mine now. Fleet Street Baltimore, MD.
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread-114.jpg  
    09-20-2016 01:09 PM
    Come on Canton, oHIo
    09-20-2016 01:10 PM
    My local VZW in albany OR said they're opening the boxes now-came in this morning. Come on in to get it.
    09-20-2016 01:23 PM
    Just called my main store i always deal with and they received the note 7 replacement in 2 hours ago and i can switch now. Woo-hoo. The guy did tell me that I need everything that came with the phone tho. Oh well. As long as the replacement come with the accessories.
    09-20-2016 01:26 PM
    I tried the chat route again and i thouhgt i had it, but ended up he could not process through chat, so he stayed on chat with me and had me call the 800 number. I was passed through several folks on the 800 number and they told me that there was no way to ship me one, that the only option was to do it in store.
    On the plus side the chat rep guy credited my account $5 for my trouble.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-20-2016 01:28 PM
3,177 ... 8586878889 ...