Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I did this, and was greeted by autochat (bot) which gave me a list of faq's... then, I finally got a message saying my bill was past due (due today) and to please call to process Payment, and for help...

What geys me, yeah, my bill is due, amd fully plan on paying it, but how can they deny me an exchange on a device that was recalled for safety issues, just cuz my bill is due today? Even on weds, if I still havent paid?

I was gonna pay my bill today, but now I kinda wanna wait to see how this plays out. VZW could be opening themselves up to all kinds of legal issues if this is truly their stance.

I'm wondering the same thing.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I did this, and was greeted by autochat (bot) which gave me a list of faq's... then, I finally got a message saying my bill was past due (due today) and to please call to process Payment, and for help...

What geys me, yeah, my bill is due, amd fully plan on paying it, but how can they deny me an exchange on a device that was recalled for safety issues, just cuz my bill is due today? Even on weds, if I still havent paid?

I was gonna pay my bill today, but now I kinda wanna wait to see how this plays out. VZW could be opening themselves up to all kinds of legal issues if this is truly their stance.

You gave them an easy way out by your bill not being paid yet. And you want to continue that track? Why not take the easy way and pay now so that's out of the way within a few hours? Or not. That's what makes this thread so exciting.

Good luck any which-a-way. :p

Peace. Alan

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I could pay my bill today, but an easy out for them? This isn't something vzw is doing out of the kindness of their heart. They are doing it cuz the are obligated to. Denying me the process to exchange my defective, possibly dangerous device for a safe one, because of a past due (due today) Balance is foolish on their part, amd if they give me the opportunity, I will take them to task.

I pay them a lot of money for their services, and wouldnt even dream of going to another provider, but if they wanna be foolish, and give me an easy in, ill play the game :D

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

Verizon's system is not setup for recall mode. Managers are doing overrides on the double exchange and anything else related to the recall. So I would assume that you will need a manager to override the past due bill, if that's an option in the manager's override authority...
The system is just not setup up for this unprecedented circumstance

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I could pay my bill today, but an easy out for them? This isn't something vzw is doing out of the kindness of their heart. They are doing it cuz the are obligated to. Denying me the process to exchange my defective, possibly dangerous device for a safe one, because of a past due (due today) Balance is foolish on their part, amd if they give me the opportunity, I will take them to task.

I pay them a lot of money for their services, and wouldnt even dream of going to another provider, but if they wanna be foolish, and give me an easy in, ill play the game :D

Like I said, I'm addicted to this thread. I've always been a voyeur in the sense that I like to see how people set about trying to accomplish something.

Again, best of luck to ya :)

Peace. Alan

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Funny. I had an $800+ balance and paid $600 on 9/14, the due date. I won't have the difference until the Friday after the replacements come, and I'll be airborne on a trip with my daughter that morning! Just called my corporate store (who has been awesome thru this whole thing, and as current on info as all of us here). She (who I've seen a few times throughout this whole thing) said, "Don't even worry about it. Your bill has nothing to do with a mandatory recall. Just see me when you come in Wednesday."

Anyone in Central NJ should make this their store :)

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Funny. I had an $800+ balance and paid $600 on 9/14, the due date. I won't have the difference until the Friday after the replacements come, and I'll be airborne on a trip with my daughter that morning! Just called my corporate store (who has been awesome thru this whole thing, and as current on info as all of us here). She (who I've seen a few times throughout this whole thing) said, "Don't even worry about it. Your bill has nothing to do with a mandatory recall. Just see me when you come in Wednesday."

Anyone in Central NJ should make this their store :)

Oh... I'm sure if I went into a store, they would say the same. That's part of my point. I called, and that was the response I got... If in store managers can override things, why can't the vzw call Center?

It's not a huge deal, I just like playing devils advocate 😈

jbd19909

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Not true.

Just got off the phone. They said to call back on the 21st. They said they don't know if I need to return the box and accessories.
I informed them the nearest store is 3 hours away. They said no problem, call us back on the 21st and we will get you situated.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Not true.

Just got off the phone. They said to call back on the 21st. They said they don't know if I need to return the box and accessories.
I informed them the nearest store is 3 hours away. They said no problem, call us back on the 21st and we will get you situated.

I've been calling VZW Support every other day for over a week now and no matter who I get THAT'S the same thing they tell me, every time. And that'll work for me! :p

Peace. Alan

jbd19909

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I've been calling VZW Support every other day for over a week now and no matter who I get THAT'S the same thing they tell me, every time. And that'll work for me! :p

Peace. Alan

I know it sounds petty, but I would really like to keep all the accessories (phone charger, extra pointers, earphones). Do you think they will let us keep them?

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I know it sounds petty, but I would really like to keep all the accessories (phone charger, extra pointers, earphones). Do you think they will let us keep them?
I don't know. BUT, I'm not going to mention it when I call on Wed 21st unless they haven't said anything about the accessories up until the very last second, then I'll ask. Only after they've agreed to ship my new phone and my return-shipping-label. Once that's a done deal THEN I'll ask. Just keepin' my cards close to my chest.

Peace. Alan

kabeeo

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm still using mine. I buy from an Authorized Reseller and have since I can remember. He has always done the right thing by me and has kept me up to date. He says he is supposed to have new stock by 9/21. I suspect that because he is not corporate it might take a little longer. I can wait.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm still using mine. I buy from an Authorized Reseller and have since I can remember. He has always done the right thing by me and has kept me up to date. He says he is supposed to have new stock by 9/21. I suspect that because he is not corporate it might take a little longer. I can wait.
I KNOW!!! That Baby was sooooo fine, it' feels like she's been gone for months. I can't wait either. :)

Peace. Alan

jbd19909

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Verizon 800#

A lot of rep's still don't have a clue. Every rep i've talked to has had to "read up on something". You would imagine the biggest thing verizon would be facing, is thousands of phones needing to be replaced and every tech would be brought up to speed every morning.

Makes me question Verizon's ability to have informed tech support.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I kept everything. But even if I would have returned the accessories, I still would have kept the headphones. Headphones can't be reused or salvaged, for sanitary reasons.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
A lot of rep's still don't have a clue. Every rep i've talked to has had to "read up on something". You would imagine the biggest thing verizon would be facing, is thousands of phones needing to be replaced and every tech would be brought up to speed every morning.

Makes me question Verizon's ability to have informed tech support.

Just hang in there, don't show any anger, talk like if your smiling, as a matter of fact, smile while you're talking. Early on if you get a chance ask them what part of the country they're in. Tell them where you're at. After all we want something THEY GOT. Don't overdo the 'sugar' just keep it nice. It always works. :)

EDIT> It's gonna be a rough day on them and we'll probably have to wait in line to get a Rep. Keep the A.C. runnin'.:p

Peace. Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11