10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 8990919293 ...
tools
    Looks like little by little folks are startin' to get happy around here. Its nice to see....
    I'm almost happy, lol. I called the two corporate stores by me up until 3pm, and neither had their shipments. Caved and called CS. I originally went to one of the corp stores a week or so ago to hand mine in and get a Note 5 as the loaner, but they only had 32GB. They were great, sorry they couldn't help and said they'd note my account and to call CS as soon as I left.

Did that and received my 64GB N5 two hours before the Samsung email and four hours before the VZW text, telling us the 9/21 date. Went back to my store w/the N5 (unopened) and returned it. No restocking fees, etc. That night there were 3 of us (out of 10+ customers) to return the N7. I told them I'd just wait til the 21st since it was a few more days. However, with all the folks here already getting theirs I got antsy and called CS this afternoon. No problem, she ordered it for me, asked if I wanted a different color (kept silver) and gave me free overnight shipping.

About an hour ago decided to call my store, and they did get them and were going to hold one for me (told her that the order still said "Processing" and got an email that it was back-ordered). She said to get there within the hour since they're not supposed to hold them, and a lot of people were already coming in. Rushing to backup the few things that I've added since last week, checked my account and saw that it shipped (was picked up and got a tracking number), with delivery by 8pm tomorrow. I called the store back to tell them thanks, but they didn't need to hold it.

The whole process has been annoying, but I have had multiple good experiences at my store, and on the phone, throughout the whole thing.

*** One side note...the first CS rep who ordered the N5 for me did it sort of as a warranty replacement. Didn't reset nor interrupt my payment plan. The rep this afternoon is processing it as a return/repurchase. It's going to reset my payment plan starting when I activate it, and when they receive mine back will cancel the previous plan, refund the payments (think there were two) and taxes (did have to pay the tax today). Not crazy about it setting me back two months in the "upgrade" date, but could always make those extra payments with the refund. (With a new purchase receipt coming, too bad the N7 isn't showing for any promotions anymore!)
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-20-2016 03:55 PM
    Looks like little by little folks are startin' to get happy around here. Its nice to see. AND its not even the 21st.

Peace. Alan
    I know right..i started calling around as well
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-20-2016 03:59 PM
    I did that without any problems.
    Is it worth the effort to call 611 and try and get a replacement through the phone?
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-20-2016 04:01 PM
    They are sending mine to me
    Shamshi-Adad and Kalkarni00 like this.
    09-20-2016 04:09 PM
    Anybody else off put by the green battery? In a way I think it kinda sucks having everything white then that blaring green icon sticking out like a sore thumb lol.
    I actually don't mind it honestly. I thought I was gonna hate it initially, but it's not that bad. I'm sure someone is already working on an app to change it back anyway.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-20-2016 04:10 PM
    I'm almost happy, lol. I called the two corporate stores by me up until 3pm, and neither had their shipments. Caved and called CS. I originally went to one of the corp stores a week or so ago to hand mine in and get a Note 5 as the loaner, but they only had 32GB. They were great, sorry they couldn't help and said they'd note my account and to call CS as soon as I left.

Did that and received my 64GB N5 two hours before the Samsung email and four hours before the VZW text, telling us the 9/21 date. Went back to my store w/the N5 (unopened) and returned it. No restocking fees, etc. That night there were 3 of us (out of 10+ customers) to return the N7. I told them I'd just wait til the 21st since it was a few more days. However, with all the folks here already getting theirs I got antsy and called CS this morning. No problem, she ordered it for me, asked if I wanted a different color (kept silver) and gave me free overnight shipping.

About an hour ago decided to call my store, and they did get them and were going to hold one for me (told her that the order still said "Processing" and got an email that it was back-ordered). She said to get there within the hour since they're not supposed to hold them, and a lot of people were already coming in. Rushing to backup the few things that I've added since last week, checked my account and saw that it shipped (was picked up and got a tracking number), with delivery by 8pm tomorrow. I called the store back to tell them thanks, but they didn't need to hold it.

The whole process has been annoying, but I have had multiple good experiences at my store, and online, throughout the whole thing.

*** One side note...the first CS rep who ordered the N5 for me did it sort of as a warranty replacement. Didn't reset nor interrupt my payment plan. The rep this morning is processing it as a return/repurchase. It's going to reset my payment plan starting when I activate it, and when they receive mine back will cancel the previous plan, refund the payments (think there were two) and taxes (did have to pay the tax today). Not crazy about it setting me back two months in the "upgrade" date, but could always make those extra payments with the refund. (With a new purchase receipt coming, too bad the N7 isn't showing for any promotions anymore!)
    Poor Baby... But now it's kinda relaxing to know its all good to go now. Now you can relax, fix a cup of coffee, take your right calf and clear a space on the coffee table and grab the remote, right?

Peace. Alan
    sandra_17 likes this.
    09-20-2016 04:11 PM
    Just got mine replaced at Marley Station Mall in Glen Burnie. Just so you know, they have been instructed to sell the phones and not wait for people who are getting replacements. I think it's a pretty sucky thing for Samsung and Verizon to do. Makes me think the issue wasn't as serious as they said. Otherwise, wouldn't they want to do everything possible to get these devices replaced? Glad this is over for me. Good luck, everyone, getting your new devices soon.
    09-20-2016 04:14 PM
    I actually don't mind it honestly. I thought I was gonna hate it initially, but it's not that bad. I'm sure someone is already working on an app to change it back anyway.
    ROTFL !!!! You got THAT right on the APP !!!

Peace. Alan
    jn3wman likes this.
    09-20-2016 04:15 PM
    ROTFL !!!! You got THAT right on the APP !!!

Peace. Alan
    Just think, if you had an iPhone & they changed something like that, you'd be stuck with it forever 🙄
    09-20-2016 04:17 PM
    Nah... Backs can be replaced.

Peace.Alan
    I guess they just aren't/couldn't/can't make everyone happy. Of all that people have posted, I like the green battery.
    09-20-2016 04:21 PM
    Just think, if you had an iPhone & they changed something like that, you'd be stuck with it forever
    Now you say that, the firmware might be modified with the color change. Just a thought. We be findin' out though, right?

Peace. Alan
    09-20-2016 04:22 PM
    Now you say that, the firmware might be modified with the color change. Just a thought. We be findin' out though, right?

Peace. Alan
    Very true. Only time will tell my friend.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-20-2016 04:23 PM
    Just got mine replaced at Marley Station Mall in Glen Burnie. Just so you know, they have been instructed to sell the phones and not wait for people who are getting replacements. I think it's a pretty sucky thing for Samsung and Verizon to do. Makes me think the issue wasn't as serious as they said. Otherwise, wouldn't they want to do everything possible to get these devices replaced? Glad this is over for me. Good luck, everyone, getting your new devices soon.
    I was bothered by this as well. Early Note 7 owners have had to deal with plenty regarding these phones and they should not have to wade through a rush of new sales while trying to get their issues settled. That is why I got on the phone today before the rush begins.
    09-20-2016 04:24 PM
    I guess they just aren't/couldn't/can't make everyone happy. Of all that people have posted, I like the green battery.
    Truly man ROTFL !!!!!!

Peace. Alan
    09-20-2016 04:25 PM
    Ya know GREEN really is an appropriate color for "push water", Go juice, power of any sort really. Just so they didn't make it fuschia.

Peace. Alan
    WyDave likes this.
    09-20-2016 04:40 PM
    Just got back from VZW store...took about 1hr45min. The reps were great, but their system was the problem! Store's computers wouldn't allow for return and then new 24 mo payment plan-had to call corporate to walk through. Then the fees came rolling in...they had to waive restock/upgrade fees. Just made monthly payment yesterday for my acct. They had to credit the ammt for a payment towards the 24 mo plan. Everything worked out just took forever. Rep said they knew it would be a problem mainly because the stores system doesn't talk with corporate c.s. Another guy who was on 2 year contract came in right after me and they needed him to pay what initial had for his down payment again! He was like-yeah right! Not sure how that went as I was heading out at that point.

Good luck to everyone!
    09-20-2016 04:41 PM
    Just got back from VZW store...took about 1hr45min. The reps were great, but their system was the problem! Store's computers wouldn't allow for return and then new 24 mo payment plan-had to call corporate to walk through. Then the fees came rolling in...they had to waive restock/upgrade fees. Just made monthly payment yesterday for my acct. They had to credit the ammt for a payment towards the 24 mo plan. Everything worked out just took forever. Rep said they knew it would be a problem mainly because the stores system doesn't talk with corporate c.s. Another guy who was on 2 year contract came in right after me and they needed him to pay what initial had for his down payment again! He was like-yeah right! Not sure how that went as I was heading out at that point.

Good luck to everyone!
    I got really lucky. The rep checked to see if he could do the swap out today and as soon as he saw he could do it the process was seamless. I got an email while I was on the phone with him to accept terms and that was it. I then immediately received another email regarding the bill credit. I hope other's swaps go smooth as well.
    09-20-2016 04:45 PM
    Just got my replacement. Has the little black square and definitely one barcode sticker on top of another on the box.

If you got your replacement from Verizon today did you get the double sticker overlay deal.

My manufacture date is 09-01-2016 and the Built date is Sat Sept 17 00:32:17 KST 2016
    Made in Korea.

Why is the build date a lot fresher then the manufacture date?
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-20-2016 04:48 PM
    Got mine, only got what i brought in and that was just my phone. No box or anything. Not sure what to do, I guess just be thankful and move on.
    Kalkarni00 and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    09-20-2016 04:48 PM
    HOME from Cantwin OHIO

All is good ends up I was the first person in today to do the exchange. I had to only pay the difference in tax about $4.35
    Don't think it took 20 minutes big difference from the over 3 hour adventure last week
    09-20-2016 04:49 PM
    Saves them money. Just give folks old phone with new sticker.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    09-20-2016 04:50 PM
    Just got my replacement. Has the little black square and definitely one barcode sticker on top of another on the box.

If you got your replacement from Verizon today did you get the double sticker overlay deal.
    Mine to has the double sticker overlay and the little black box, but I can see through my sticker and that too had a black box.

BTW they went though the return box to see if everything was in there
    Yes , there were a set of airplane earbuds , an 18 inch charging cable etc.

I noticed when I put it on the charges the green exploding lights were gone replaced with shooting clouds of smoke . ( not sure if that was a good idea )
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    09-20-2016 04:51 PM

My manufacture date is 09-01-2016 and the Built date is Sat Sept 17 00:32:17 KST 2016
    Made in Korea.

Why is the build date a lot fresher then the manufacture date?
    Took 'em that long to get around to installing the OS? just a guess.

Peace. Alan
    09-20-2016 04:52 PM
    I was told yesterday in VZW chat that I could order my replacement note 7 online. Then was told today by a different CSR on the phone that I could not and had to go in store. The stores were not supposed to release the phones until tomorrow, or so I had been told, but they released them today and the stores near me within a two hour radius are all out of stock of the phone. Is there seriously no way to ship me a new, non recalled device, and I return the defective device to a local corporate store? They're selling brand new phones to new customers before the recalled devices are handled!! How ridiculous is that?
    09-20-2016 04:56 PM
    Just got back from switching out my Note7 at VZW and the process went smooth as butter. Told to keep all accessories plus no extra fees, charging of tax, etc. Got my bonus 2G and $25 credit. So happy to put this issue to bed!! I suspect there will be many more stores with inventory tomorrow. You can go on VZW online and select the Note7 in the color you want then tell it to search store availability near you.
    09-20-2016 05:07 PM
3,177 ... 8990919293 ...