10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 9293949596 ...
tools
    This is the third person i've talked to.
    All of a sudden theres 6gb promotional for 2 years at no extra charge for my account.

Keep all accessories except the S-Pen.
    Woot. Thanks everyone.

Talking to more than 1 person seems to be the solution....
    09-20-2016 07:31 PM
    I returned mine today to the Montgomeryville, PA store. The process was pretty quick and the salesperson was nice, but I was charged $35 for a restocking fee (they said I would be credited on my bill, but I'm not sure I believe them). I didn't bring any accessories back with my phone except for the box, but when I got my new phone, they kept all the accessories from the new Note 7 and said I don't get them . Also asked about the $25 credit and they knew nothing about it and to contact Samsung.

It was a quick 15 minutes in and out, but I'm not really happy about the restocking fee, accessories, or credit. I guess I'll be contacting Verizon to make sure I do get credited the restocking fee and for the $25 credit.
    That's so bizarre! I not only got to keep all of my old accessories including the S-pen (which is a spare now), I wasn't charged anything except for some weird $6.00 tax. I literally just gave them the bare bones phone and nothing else and walked out with all of my old accessories and a new box full of everything. Are you sure this is a CORPORATE Verizon store or just one of those janky "Authorized Verizon Retailer" locations?
    09-20-2016 07:34 PM
    That's so bizarre! I not only got to keep all of my old accessories including the S-pen (which is a spare now), I wasn't charged anything except for some weird $6.00 tax. I literally just gave them the bare bones phone and nothing else and walked out with all of my old accessories and a new box full of everything. Are you sure this is a CORPORATE Verizon store or just one of those janky "Authorized Verizon Retailer" locations?
    Third guy said any essential accessories to the phone should be returned.

To be honest, he didn't sound so sure himself LOL.
    09-20-2016 07:36 PM
    Yeah, it was a corporate store. I'll be contacting Verizon tomorrow to get this resolved.
    09-20-2016 07:37 PM
    Stopped in the Corporate Verizon store in King of Prussia, PA today and the manager told me they expect o have them tomorrow the 21st, but didn't know what time the phone would arrive. She suggested calling before coming to the store.
    09-20-2016 07:39 PM
    they're still refusing to ship to me, now saying that since it is past the 14 day window they can not process an exchange.
    09-20-2016 07:40 PM
    they're still refusing to ship to me, now saying that since it is past the 14 day window they can not process an exchange.
    Tell them you will return the phone for a full refund and switch carriers. That usually get's them. You have untill the 30th man.
    09-20-2016 07:41 PM
    Word of advice for anyone going to a Verizon Wireless corporate location, if you see someone with the "Solutions Manager" title under his/her name tag - that's the person whose attention you want to get. BONUS if that person has a gold pin on their shirt - it indicates that the store location has received multiple awards/recognition for excellent service.
    09-20-2016 07:43 PM
    those of you who are having your phone shipped did you have to sign onto your account and accept the terms and conditions
    Yes... I did. There was supposed to be an email where you could accept as well, it was just quicker to go into my account. My tracking didn't show up until after I did this.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    09-20-2016 07:43 PM
    THey sent me an email that had a link for me to go to and approve the transaction.

Peace Alan
    that is good to hear, nice to know im not the only one.
    09-20-2016 07:46 PM
    Not, just that thought is killing my OCD.
    I hope it's just the S pen and not a loose S Pen hole. That just doesn't sound right.
    Try using the little nib tool to take out the nib and then reseat it. If it's still wonky try a new nib.
    09-20-2016 07:47 PM
    i went through 7 different conversations and was told everything under the sun, then finally the gods smiled on me and i was able to get one on order.

i have a few concerns, i was charged tax on the new phone, i would like to keep the accessories (not sure if i can or should). the process was done like a refund\new purchase and not a recall exchange. i have my fingers crossed.
    Tisha722 likes this.
    09-20-2016 07:52 PM
    I returned mine today to the Montgomeryville, PA store. The process was pretty quick and the salesperson was nice, but I was charged $35 for a restocking fee (they said I would be credited on my bill, but I'm not sure I believe them). I didn't bring any accessories back with my phone except for the box, but when I got my new phone, they kept all the accessories from the new Note 7 and said I don't get them . Also asked about the $25 credit and they knew nothing about it and to contact Samsung.

It was a quick 15 minutes in and out, but I'm not really happy about the restocking fee, accessories, or credit. I guess I'll be contacting Verizon to make sure I do get credited the restocking fee and for the $25 credit.
    Ok, so I chatted with the Verizon rep online and he confirmed I will be credited the restocking fee on my bill (already applied) and credited the $25. It is still strange I was charged this in the first place, but I am happy now. Just wish I could have kept the accessories from the new phone.
    09-20-2016 07:59 PM
    About the battery icon...I saw on Reddit, and agree with this idea...leave the GOOD ones white, but update the bad IMEIs with a red icon. Perhaps with a big old X through it, too...because I think a red icon WITH an X would drive anyone crazy before too long.
    No, that won't work. People just won't upgrade their device if they know it'll mark make it as a possible defective one.
    09-20-2016 07:59 PM
    I was able to get mine around 4:30in totowa nj. The store said they only received a small amount of phones. A few hours later took my sister and wife to another store and they got the last 2 according to the store.

The guy I spoke with said all stores should be getting the major shipment tomorrow and expect to be busy the rest of the week. They kept the box and contents. Just happy I have a good phone.
    Kalkarni00 likes this.
    09-20-2016 08:06 PM
    Okay, so now they are saying I can't ship it back and need to go into ANY verizon store and return it.
    09-20-2016 08:07 PM
    Okay, got my two Note 7's today. Pretty painless process although the place was pretty busy. I guess I lucked out and the manager did my swap (I had two S7 Edge's as loaners) so she was spot on. Setting them up now and I must say it feels much nicer in the hand (the N7 ) than the S7 Edge.

Good luck to everyone that gets theirs tomorrow. Keep the faith!!
    09-20-2016 08:08 PM
    that is good to hear, nice to know im not the only one.
    I did too. But she sent the email while I was on the phone with her. Clicked the link, was already signed into my acct from a few mins earlier, so accepted from there.
    09-20-2016 08:10 PM
    I find the wide range of experiences in this process to be quite surprising. Leave authorized resellers out of it. I watched my rep go through the process on his handheld terminal today. He talked to himself along the way. Restocking fee came up ("nope not applicable, override"). Taxes came up ("nope, already paid. Override.") ("apply $25 credit. Done.") ("2 gb bonus. Done.") ("Sign here ma'am and we can fire up Smart Switch.") No hassles about accessories at all.
    09-20-2016 08:18 PM
    I posted this on another topic earlier, but no replies...

Does anyone who received their replacement use Nova (Prime)? - tho not sure if this is a prime feature....

Under Settings > Look & feel > Notification Bar > Dark Icons

It changes the white notification icons to gray for me. I like the look - the icons blend more into my wallpaper than the blaring white. Wondering if this has any/no effect on the green battery icon on the new devices.
    09-20-2016 08:20 PM
    Went to verizon today. They had my blue coral and the guy was ready to swap mine out but the system wouldn't let him because I have a past due balance. He tried to get it to let him but couldn't. I had made arrangements the other day to pay past due on the 27th. They said to come back next Tuesday when I pay bill and they will swap it out. I asked him if I came in Tuesday and they didn't have my blue can they ship it to me. He said if they don't have my blue that they will take recalled note 7 and ship the new note 7 to my house. Good thing I still have my note 5. And he checked box and said samsung wanted all accessories back. Which I had them in box. So for the one that haven't gone to get a replacement at Verizon yet pay your bill before you go in cause it be a waste of trip. And guy didn't have a clue about the $25 bill credit.
    09-20-2016 08:22 PM
    I find the wide range of experiences in this process to be quite surprising. Leave authorized resellers out of it. I watched my rep go through the process on his handheld terminal today. He talked to himself along the way. Restocking fee came up ("nope not applicable, override"). Taxes came up ("nope, already paid. Override.") ("apply $25 credit. Done.") ("2 gb bonus. Done.") ("Sign here ma'am and we can fire up Smart Switch.") No hassles about accessories at all.
    2gb bonus? How do you get that?
    09-20-2016 08:23 PM
    And I was told if you ordered online that it has to be a corporate store. If you bout in store than it can be any verizon store
    09-20-2016 08:24 PM
    Went in to store around 5 today and got mine exchanged for same model. Took about 45 minutes. Lots of people at the store exchanging. The lady told me that tomorrow will be crazy since it's the official day fkr the exchanges. Happy and Green 😆
    09-20-2016 08:27 PM
    2gb bonus? How do you get that?
    Honestly do not know. He offered and I said "thank you sir!" When I returned home I logged into my account and there was a notification up top about my 2 gb extra per month for 2 years.
    k.scott and skatergirl like this.
    09-20-2016 08:29 PM
3,177 ... 9293949596 ...