10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 9495969798 ...
tools
    My experience today-

Thought I would stop by the store this afternoon in case they had them in a day early. Did a Samsung Smart Switch backup of everything onto the SD card on my way into town.

They did - they had just come in less than an hour before. Store was busy, so i watched a poor rep swapping all the data on a couple's 2 notes - bet that took a good long time! It took a while to get with a rep, but once I did it was less than 20 minutes to do the trade. She just activated the phone and made a test call, then we put the SD card in and I was on my way. I didn't have any of my accessories with me and that didn't matter. She said they'd keep the box and put the old phone in it. She then asked if I wanted the headphones from the box - I said no, I have too many cheapy sets already. 'What about the charger or cable or adapters?' she said. Well, yeah, I'd like all of that stuff if that's alright. I asked 'hey, what about the s-pen?' and she said 'keep it'. So I left with a new note and a second full set of accessories!

Went out to my truck and started smart switch going, then ran to the grocery store, and by the time I got back to the ranch it was all done. And I had 2 sets of accessories and a second s-pen. Very happy with the whole process (I know, the rare satisfied VZW customer).

Oh, and she said they had a whole pile of them in the back, so if you're anywhere near Baghdad... (not that Baghdad is near anything)

*Changed location as I don't want the rep to catch any flack for hooking me up with all the accessories
    09-20-2016 11:26 PM
    My son and I went to the store on Blossom Hill Rd in San Jose after I got off work. They said they had a ton on Note 7's in the back. Had ours exchanged pretty quickly. The didn't want any of our accessories, but they did want the box. My son still had his, but I didn't have mine. Didn't affect the swap process.

Didn't have them sync the phones. We wanted to make a fresh start on both phones. The entire staff was nice especially the girl that helped us. She seemed to be flirting with my son until she asked his age and found out he just turned 14. She looked 19 or 20. Too bad my son isn't a couple years older (or me a lot of years younger).

Our phones are both all set up and no longer charging them on an 18" ceramic tile.
    09-20-2016 11:41 PM
    I am out of town for work this week and with no corporate store nearby so I figured that instead of trying my luck with some counter jockeys this weekend getting their dirty paws on my phone I would call and get my replacement ordered. I waited for about a half hour to get on with a CSR and it went pretty smoothly. Switching from silver to blue, and its supposed to be there when I get back Friday. I asked about the 25 dollar bill credit and the CSR said she would check with Samsung. She called me back and said she would apply a $25 bill credit to my account, which has already showed up. Was a pretty painless process, had to pay for taxes for the new phone but was reassured it would be refunded when the old note 7 is sent back. Definitely going to keep the accessories and just send the old phone and box back. Excited to get a non exploding phone and to try out the blue!

Pretty lame that the counter jockeys are trying to keep accessories, its not like Samsung is going to reuse them. Kind of shady if you ask me...
    09-20-2016 11:41 PM
    When I returned my Note to the store nearest me, they went through everything to make sure all the accessories were there. Wish I'd tried to keep the spen, but the guy seemed very focused on it all being there so maybe just as well I didn't. I am a little annoyed that the online customer service person I ordered my replacement from said the 25.00 wasn't a bill credit but an accessory credit and that they didn't have any Note 7 accessories available at the moment. But I am too excited to be getting my new, non- explosive Blue Note 7 delivered on Thursday to bother about it.
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    09-20-2016 11:55 PM
    those of you who are having your phone shipped did you have to sign onto your account and accept the terms and conditions
    Yes. The person in customer service told me the phone wasn't actually ordered till I did that.
    09-21-2016 12:01 AM
    Yeah, it was a corporate store. I'll be contacting Verizon tomorrow to get this resolved.
    The store I returned mine to charged the 35.00 restocking fee and refunded it on the same transaction which seems silly but whatever.
    Kalkarni00 and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    09-21-2016 12:04 AM
    So, I went online today and checked the Note 7 page on Verizon's website. I saw my local corporate store had it and went down to visit. Sure enough, they did. Got the same color (Blue Coral).

Glad it's out of the way now. It was starting to get annoying. Has anyone noticed that it may run a little bit better? Or the Iris scanner had a smoother set up this time? Seems like they made some minor improvements.
    09-21-2016 01:00 AM
    Got my replacement this evening from Verizon. The rep I had was awesome. It took a long time to transfer everything but I am happy with it. Was hoping to switch from Coral Blue to Silver but they only had Coral Blue and Black.

Funny thing is though I just did the upgrade (green battery) and had it on the wireless charger and it is much hotter than my original Note 7 every got!!??

Good luck everyone!!
    09-21-2016 01:07 AM
    Got mine! Was relatively painless in the store. Glad to finally be out of danger.
    09-21-2016 02:04 AM
    I was told by a rep that they had a decent amount of replacement Note 7's, and that I would be able to roll in at opening tomorrow to snag one. Of course, my curiosity got the best of me and I checked the Verizon site and the only phone available for pickup tomorrow is 1 of 1 black Note 7. Was hoping for silver, but now I'm just hoping they have one for me to grab.
    09-21-2016 02:52 AM
    I returned mine today to the Montgomeryville, PA store. The process was pretty quick and the salesperson was nice, but I was charged $35 for a restocking fee (they said I would be credited on my bill, but I'm not sure I believe them). I didn't bring any accessories back with my phone except for the box, but when I got my new phone, they kept all the accessories from the new Note 7 and said I don't get them . Also asked about the $25 credit and they knew nothing about it and to contact Samsung.

It was a quick 15 minutes in and out, but I'm not really happy about the restocking fee, accessories, or credit. I guess I'll be contacting Verizon to make sure I do get credited the restocking fee and for the $25 credit.
    Call customer service. Restocking fee should have been waived and they will make sure you get credited. This happened to me a "premium" retailer and Verizon called them. I had went back to yhe store and got my moneu back.
    09-21-2016 05:07 AM
    Checked my account this morning after ordering over the phone yesterday and it is showing that the order for my replacement phone is on credit hold. Anyone else who ordered over the phone yesterday seeing this.
    09-21-2016 05:26 AM
    Well I am glad everyone is able to exchange their phones and still stayed loyal to Samsung
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    09-21-2016 05:44 AM
    Here's a picture of my recall box.

The wifi connectivity issues still persist on the replacement phone. Using Wifi Fixer to keep it connected. Got my ArmorSuit screen protector on, all the software is set up, and now I'm ready to go. Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread-img_20160920_151247131.jpg
    09-21-2016 06:04 AM

The wifi connectivity issues still persist on the replacement phone. Using Wifi Fixer to keep it connected. Got my ArmorSuit screen protector on, all the software is set up, and now I'm ready to go. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160920_151247131.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	340.8 KB 
ID:	240147
    How's the screen protector? Is it good?
    09-21-2016 06:25 AM
    How's the screen protector? Is it good?
    It's all right. A few trial and error runs with similar protectors prepped me for doing it. I also have the Samsung official ones, which I tried on my recalled phone before swapping it. Those are full coverage, but installation (dry installation) is a pain. The squeegee they give you is great though. I used it putting on the Armor Suit. I managed to get it on w/o bubbles or other anomalies because of it. Also, since I didn't need to use my phone, it was OK to apply it, and let time do the rest. The texture of the protector is kind of.... rubbery? I'd use a light touch with the S-Pen, as the Skinomi I used before the recall was similar. Press too hard and you'll see what you wrote in the self-healing material.

Different feeling altogether from the glass protectors I used on my Moto X Pure, where it feels like a "screen atop a screen".
    Kalkarni00 and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    09-21-2016 06:38 AM
    You got ripped off.... All they need was the phone... They're still using protocol for a regular exchange and not a recall, smh..
    I kept everything from the 1st N7 and was able to keep the charger and headphone from the S7edge loaner..
    Yeah I told the kid that and he said Samsung required it - I told him that No, everything Samsung has released was clear they only wanted the phone that he was requiring it. but after a very long day it was a challenge to remain polite (and it never does any good to be less than polite) so I let it go...

I have no doubt that in a couple of weeks people will pay the price we did for the phone and get an S7 free or some other big discount that I really could have used. heck I didn't even get the 2GB bonus data. poor me! but at least I have a great phone that I charged on my headboard last night without fear!

cheers, Clarice
    09-21-2016 06:42 AM

The wifi connectivity issues still persist on the replacement phone. Using Wifi Fixer to keep it connected. Got my ArmorSuit screen protector on, all the software is set up, and now I'm ready to go. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160920_151247131.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	340.8 KB 
ID:	240147
    It's all right. A few trial and error runs with similar protectors prepped me for doing it. I also have the Samsung official ones, which I tried on my recalled phone before swapping it. Those are full coverage, but installation (dry installation) is a pain. The squeegee they give you is great though. I used it putting on the Armor Suit. I managed to get it on w/o bubbles or other anomalies because of it. Also, since I didn't need to use my phone, it was OK to apply it, and let time do the rest. The texture of the protector is kind of.... rubbery? I'd use a light touch with the S-Pen, as the Skinomi I used before the recall was similar. Press too hard and you'll see what you wrote in the self-healing material.

Different feeling altogether from the glass protectors I used on my Moto X Pure, where it feels like a "screen atop a screen".
    Oh okay..i bought a glass screen protector from amazon and I have not tried it yet.
    09-21-2016 06:43 AM
    Anyone notice if you have the edge clock on the battery is green there as well now?
    Mine is
    09-21-2016 06:48 AM
    . heck I didn't even get the 2GB bonus data. poor me! but at least I have a great phone that I charged on my headboard last night without fear!

cheers, Clarice
    I just logged into my account and had a notification that I had an offer, it was telling me that if I was on the new plan L or XL i would get 2GB bonus for life... I already had to switch from M to L late last billing period so I took the offer. we'll never use 10GB but now I think I will try!!

clarice
    09-21-2016 06:50 AM
    So my swap went smooth, mostly. They didnt have the Silver but another store did so they transferred the decice electronically and proceeded with the exchange. Problem was when I got to the other store the new devices hadn't been activated so it was another wait. All in all with travel time to the stores and wait time it was a 4 hour process.

Just happy to be back on my silver Note7 😊📱
    09-21-2016 06:58 AM
    I had returned my silver Note 7 for an Iphone 6s plus during the recall madness. Last night I went to VZW at the South Shore Plaza in Quincy MA and they did the exchange it took a while I think there was only one rep who figured out how to do the exchange smoothly and I was on my way. The hardest part was my screaming one year son. Through this process VZW has been more than fair with me. Oh I now have the coral blue version which looks much better in person than online. Now I need help figuring out which apps to disable.
    09-21-2016 07:02 AM
    Oh quick question: how do I make sure my secure folder content transfers over?
    09-21-2016 07:06 AM
    Only thing I don't really like is that they changed my upgrade date now (2 year contract price). Went from launch date now to 9/20/18 when I exchanged the phone yesterday. Oh well.
    09-21-2016 07:22 AM
    Only thing I don't really like is that they changed my upgrade date now (2 year contract price). Went from launch date now to 9/20/18 when I exchanged the phone yesterday. Oh well.
    If they do that to me there will be a fight going on. This is a replacement phone, not a new phone. No different then a warranty replacement.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    09-21-2016 07:30 AM
3,177 ... 9495969798 ...