10-12-2016 12:39 PM
3,177 ... 96979899100 ...
tools
    Well, I got my replacement at the Verizon store in Millbury, MA last night but it wasn't easy. It took 2 hours to complete because the "system" would not accept the original phone as part of the transaction. Counter folks were swamped, many of the return details over their heads. Manager was swamped, too. I brought the phone and box only, and they totally refused to allow me to keep the new phone's accessories. Even after reminding them that Samsung needed only the phone. They even removed the pen from my new phone to place in the old phone!!! Do I have any recourse on this now? Also, the $25 was not offered, would have never been discussed had I not brought it up. When I did, the manager said it could only be used for accessories purchase in-store. Should I call Customer Service? There was PLENTY about how things went that Verizon should know about.
    Just find a spot on the wall, go to your happy place, you are not in control of any of this.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-21-2016 08:51 AM
    Has anyone got a Verizon replacement without double bar code stickers on the box?
    09-21-2016 08:52 AM
    Just find a spot on the wall, go to your happy place, you are not in control of any of this.
    This is exactly why I don't deal with Verizon Corporate. My re-seller is way easier to deal with and much more accommodating
    09-21-2016 08:54 AM
    I'm livid.

I called to check the status and apparently they recieved their stock yesterday and they are all gone. No call. No notification. Just still waiting.
    skatergirl likes this.
    09-21-2016 08:59 AM
    My replacement is out for delivery... so glad I didn't make another trip or phone call to the Corp store, 611 was so much easier!
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    09-21-2016 09:03 AM
    I do not want to see green on my edge screen at night, grrrr.
    It really is quite annoying on the edge screen at night. I wish they had hit the recalled notes with a color change to the battery icon vs the new/replacements.
    skatergirl and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    09-21-2016 09:06 AM
    I tried calling VZW to do the exchange, NO GO! Because I paid the full price for my phone up front, they want to charge my credit card the full price again. The CS lady cant figure out how to get around it. I feel that if the phone would of just blown up on my face during the call, I would've felt better than dealing with the lady coughing and wheezing during the whole call. I gave up and told her I would take it to a Corporate store instead and hung up.
    skatergirl likes this.
    09-21-2016 09:09 AM
    I tried calling VZW to do the exchange, NO GO! Because I paid the full price for my phone up front, they want to charge my credit card the full price again. The CS lady cant figure out how to get around it. I feel that if the phone would of just blown up on my face during the call, I would've felt better than dealing with the lady coughing and wheezing during the whole call. I gave up and told her I would take it to a Corporate store instead and hung up.
    They have to ring it in as an "Exchange" and that way you don't have to pay again.
    I've had that problem I the past.
    Shamshi-Adad and WalkingHorse like this.
    09-21-2016 09:11 AM
    I can't stand Verizon. Sitting in this store. 15 people waiting for a CSR. I am watching them move at 40% speed. Every movement. Finish a customer? Time to go in back and take a break. Yes I can see you sweep the store with your eyes before you did that. Zero Fs given. Why? Because they can. Should have just called and had it shipped.

Update: This might be hell. Customer next to be blasting Sound of Silence over and over and over on different Bluetooth speakers at full volume. 4 CSRs at counter 2 of which on their personal cell phones. Best is the guy at door taking names for the line doing nothing because no new people. 3 empty registers. Why? Who's going to stop them. Nothing to do but rant. Thanks for listening.
    09-21-2016 09:20 AM
    This is now my favorite response from Verizon to date, i guess i should be thankful that Verizon is replacing the Note 7 that might catch fire.

Excerpt from my on line chat.
    You : thanks you, having this recalled phone replaced has been a challenge, but thank you for your help
    TIKARA : I know it has , but I am glad you were able to get a replacement because of the recall! As a friendly reminder, you can manage your data online or by dialing #DATA from your phone! Before we part ways, have I addressed all of your questions and concerns today?
    You : well I have not received a replacement yet
    You : that is the order that is on credit hold
    TIKARA : Well yes, but it is good that we are offering replacements because of what has happened with the Note 7.
    skatergirl and WalkingHorse like this.
    09-21-2016 09:23 AM
    Not happy with the battery live so far

Down to 32% in 14 hours that includes overnight
    Back on the charger charge time 1 hour 41 minutes
    09-21-2016 09:24 AM
    So I call the 2 local VZW corporate stores this morning to see if they have my new Note7 and they are sold out. They sold them all yesterday. Why did they tell me on the 21st if they weren't going to have any? I guess I will be waiting until Oct.
    09-21-2016 09:28 AM
    So I call the 2 local VZW corporate stores this morning to see if they have my new Note7 and they are sold out. They sold them all yesterday. Why did they tell me on the 21st if they weren't going to have any? I guess I will be waiting until Oct.
    Did you call about having one shipped? Not that it is an easy process but worth a try
    09-21-2016 09:29 AM
    The 9/21 announcement was just a PR move by Samsung. They knew damn well there wouldn't be enough Note 7s but they wanted to get the headlines that a solution was eminent, and they did. Bet no one in the media or blogs bothers to cover the fact that there aren't note 7s available for many users to do an exchange. I hope there's a dozen more fires in the next few weeks and someone asks Samsung why users cant exchange their exploding phones yet.
    09-21-2016 09:32 AM
    I called, and chatted and after about 2 hours was able to get everything cleared up and a tracking number. Like you i am just sending back the phone and the box, keeping everything else.

Curious did you have to pay the tax on the replacement device?
    No, I did not.
    09-21-2016 09:34 AM
    Well I was all set to go and get my replacement this morning but they only have black at my local store and I'm not getting stuck with a color I don't want or driving out of my way to get a silver one somewhere else. So now I'll just call obnoxiously every morning to see if they've got silver in stock while I continue to enjoy my still flawlessly functioning OG Note 7 in the interim. Worst case scenario, I'll go to one of the ones in NYC either this weekend or next. Sigh.
    09-21-2016 09:34 AM
    The 9/21 announcement was just a PR move by Samsung. They knew damn well there wouldn't be enough Note 7s but they wanted to get the headlines that a solution was eminent, and they did. Bet no one in the media or blogs bothers to cover the fact that there aren't note 7s available for many users to do an exchange. I hope there's a dozen more fires in the next few weeks and someone asks Samsung why users cant exchange their exploding phones yet.
    I hope not. People's safety > shaming a company.
    09-21-2016 09:35 AM
    I hope not. People's safety > shaming a company.
    People's safety is not a goal for samsung. This is the situation they created and continue to create by creating a faulty product, working in slow motion to get retail partners aligned, and then lying to the media to create a false sense of a solution being eminent.
    09-21-2016 09:38 AM
    If you got your exchange Note 7 and didn't get the 25% accessory or bill credit...

Get on Twitter and send a tweet to @VZWsupport and let them know. Once they respond and follow you, you can DM (direct message) them all the account information they will ask for and make the necessary changes on the spot.

I got my $50.00 bill credit within 2 direct messages. (I replaced 2 Note 7s on my account)

Also, once you have established this relationship with their Twitter support handle, it is easy to just send them a DM any time you need help with anything instead of waiting on hold via phone, live chat online, etc. For me personally, it is a very convenient and efficient way of handling questions/issues with Verizon because you're in a private chat that can go back and forth as short/long as necessary until your issue gets resolved. Again, like anything in life, your attitude towards them being optimistic versus sarcastic/condescending will determine your outcome. I've always gone with the "kill em with kindness" as a general rule and have always gotten great service.
    09-21-2016 09:39 AM
    It really is quite annoying on the edge screen at night. I wish they had hit the recalled notes with a color change to the battery icon vs the new/replacements.
    I was talking about this last night with my husband. He also said the same thing about hitting up the recall phones. I guess it was easier muck up the new phones.
    WalkingHorse likes this.
    09-21-2016 09:40 AM
    Not happy with the battery live so far

Down to 32% in 14 hours that includes overnight
    Back on the charger charge time 1 hour 41 minutes
    My battery life has been pretty solid so far. The fast charging seems quite a bit slower but otherwise just fine.
    09-21-2016 09:41 AM
    That would've been better but the folks with the recall phones can dismiss the update or install an app to keep updates from installing....
    Shamshi-Adad and WalkingHorse like this.
    09-21-2016 09:41 AM
    See thats uncool. I really hope that they at least were all swaps rather than new sales. Samsung should have put a hold on ALL sales for at the next week so that EVERYONE who has been patient with them through this process and maybe more loyal than they deserve could have ample time to go in and swap their devices before they were sold out from under them. They made the carriers hold the phones until release day for almost everyone so they could have done that. I'm not happy at all with how they've handled this. Next year I may have to take a hard look at the ip8.
    09-21-2016 09:44 AM
    No, I did not.
    Do you know how yours was processed. Sounds like mine was done as a return of the original one and then a new purchase of the replacement one. I am preparing myself for a fight to get those extra taxes back.
    skatergirl and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    09-21-2016 09:50 AM
    People's safety is not a goal for samsung. This is the situation they created and continue to create by creating a faulty product, working in slow motion to get retail partners aligned, and then lying to the media to create a false sense of a solution being eminent.
    That is your belief and you're welcome to it but I am more commenting on your comment. You said you're *hoping* more explode. Sorry I disagree and value people's safety more than anything. I hope they *don't* explode anymore and people can get a safe one in their hands sometime soon.
    09-21-2016 09:50 AM
3,177 ... 96979899100 ...