Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I also heard them mutter a hole as I walked out. Lol. Took everything I had not to walk back in. Then to send your girlfriend or who ever she was into my work to give me a hard time was the last straw. I'm always polite, to my own detriment obviously. So there's no reason I should be treated that way or stalked at work. It's unbelievable!
Between my NYC attitude and my appearance of someone that frequents the gym on a regular basis. I don't think these Verizon folks here in Virginia are up for their day going from 0 to 100 in a matter of minutes.... Not that I would put my hands on someone but they'll sure get the impression that being rude could be a hazardous situation...

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Between my NYC attitude and my appearance of someone that frequents the gym on a regular basis. I don't think these Verizon folks here in Virginia are up for their day going from 0 to 100 in a matter of minutes.... Not that I would put my hands on someone but they'll sure get the impression that being rude could be a hazardous situation...

Similar here, I've always had them be polite to me! My wife says she knows I'm a big Teddy bear but I don't come across that way as a stranger lol. I deal with one of the Chesterfield stores and haven't had a problem yet. Just waiting on Wednesday..

Angus66

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
i stand corrected. my online ad does not include that page. Maybe it's in the paper edition?

I don't see it either in the online ad for my area:

S7S7Edge Gear VR.jpg

I'm gonna check the paper ad on the way to work.

It might also be that the ad was designed/printed before this recall was announced...

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Just did my daily call to the local store and the woman was very rude. She basically said "Look, Samsung sent an email saying they are shipping them by the 21st. We don't even know when we will get them."

That's completely different than the story the manager gave me last week.

aaron13178

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Come to Daytona and help me out! I'll run them until they are tired then yiu can beat down. Lol.

Nvincible

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I called the store today too and the girl just said "Later this month". You know Verizon, everyone else will get them first. Verizon is such a pain.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Just did my daily call to the local store and the woman was very rude. She basically said "Look, Samsung sent an email saying they are shipping them by the 21st. We don't even know when we will get them."

That's completely different than the story the manager gave me last week.

Samsung said they would be in stores NLT Sept 21. Not shipped by 21st.
To Verizon that means they will be available on that date and not before even if they are in the store right to now. That is how Verizon likes to "fake care" of their customers.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Samsung said they would be in stores NLT Sept 21. Not shipped by 21st.
That is how Verizon likes to "fake care" of their customers.

LOL Ok, that was humorous and accurate all at once. "Verizon, where we will always fake care of you."™

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I called that "special number" I posted earlier in the thread to see if they could just ship me my replacement. Lady was very nice. Said they didn't have them in stock yet but that she'd call me on the 21st.

We'll see.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
So I went into my local Matthews, NC store. They said they wont even ship them to the store until the 23rd. He told me to start calling the store on the 25th or 26th. WTF

So I drove across the street and went into best buy. I am looking at a new tablet. I have considered the galaxy tab series, but have never held one. I may hold out till the s3 comes out IF it comes out soon. Anyway I started talking to the Samsung rep and while I am standing there the manager walks up and says " We just got the note 7's in but cant sell them until the 21st." AGAIN WTF. So best buy which sells sprint, tmobile verizon and everything else they get them ahead of the company that just sells phones. Like a wireless store as oppose to a company thta sells washers and dryers. I may need to remember this for future purchases.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
New update today from Verizon that will make the new replacements Note 7 battery icons green.
I updated my original explosive Note 7 and still have the white battery icon and a bunch of safety warnings now.
Charging now to see if the update gimped my battery level at all.

update.jpgupdate2.jpgupdate3.jpg

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Here is part of my letter it doesn't say shipping on the 21st is says at the DEALERS by the 21st

Dear George, as part of our voluntary recall, Samsung is announcing that new Galaxy Note7 replacement devices will be available in the United States at most retail locations no later than September 21, 2016.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Here is part of my letter it doesn't say shipping on the 21st is says at the DEALERS by the 21st

Dear George, as part of our voluntary recall, Samsung is announcing that new Galaxy Note7 replacement devices will be available in the United States at most retail locations no later than September 21, 2016.

In the text message I received from Verizon on 9/15, it says "On Wednesday, 9/21/16, Samsungs's new Note7 will be available." That tells me that they are planning a national release on that day, nothing before.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
In the text message I received from Verizon on 9/15, it says "On Wednesday, 9/21/16, Samsungs's new Note7 will be available." That tells me that they are planning a national release on that day, nothing before.

I never got a text from Verizon but I guess the key wording is "MOST RETAIL LOCAtiONS"

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to text my dad tomorrow and tell him there's some else close to his age rockin a N7 too..... He's 70... He returned his last week for a refund though.. kept all the accessories and went back to his N3 until everything gets sorted out
I don't blame him, not really. He don't like the level of confusion and all and more-power-to-him to just walk away from it.

Peace. Alan

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Off topic. I need to switch carriers. Does Verizon brand this phone physically? (Is there Verizon logo on the Note 7?)

What's the bloatware situation like? Anything I should be aware of? I heard some people didn't have the option for Samsung cloud or Device maintenance (change resolution for power savings)

Is that true?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Off topic. I need to switch carriers. Does Verizon brand this phone physically? (Is there Verizon logo on the Note 7?)

What's the bloatware situation like? Anything I should be aware of? I heard some people didn't have the option for Samsung cloud or Device maintenance (change resolution for power savings)

Is that true?

Yes, the big Verizon logo is on the back. No Samsung cloud or device maintenance either.

tbears99

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site

Is that true?
Yes. On mine (explodable model) there I VZ branding the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.