Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaping18

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
i bought a unlocked note 7 from ebay to use with straight talk, i'm sure if i go to verizon store to exchange it the probably wont do it since i'm not their customer :eek:
yes i have a verizon branded phone SM-N930V which is unlocked and i use it with straight talk instead.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
They don't know yet. The VZW phone associate that I spoke made it sound like they are doing us some sort of big favor by offering us the ridiculous options that they are currently offering.
Actually they are doing a favor. This is a Samsung issue and it isn't an official recall, it is a voluntary recall.

Verizon like all carriers, is helping here so their customers are taken care of. You can get a refund after time or exchange it. Otherwise you would have to ship it to Samsung and wait for Samsung to ship you a new one.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Plus 1. I'm not having issues or concerns at all. I'm using two different third party wireless chargers, a third party cable w a third party cigarette adapter, a third party cable w a third party wall brick and micro to C adapter and a couple of original samsung chargers as well. The phone hasn't gotten "too hot" in any scenario. Which begs the question... What temp IS considered too hot?
Every phone is at risk. Exchange it.

All the bad batteries were fine right up until the second they weren't.

Charging is not in the equation here, phones have exploded off the charger.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I think we are getting hung up on people's language. The idea of trading down is what I am saying is ridiculous. They are not getting my Note 7 in coral blue till they produce another in my hands.
You don't have to trade down. Verizon has said you can get the Note 7 when the new stock comes in.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I walked into a corporate Verizon today and returned mine. I initially called support this morning since I was having Lag and terrible battery drain. I was one day over the worry free guarantee. Not a issue at all. Exchanged it for a S7 crazy how this feels snappy and haven't noticed the lag at all.

Did you leave the Bodyguardz screen protector on it? Why would downgrade to an S7 from the Note 7?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just called 800-Samsung as instructed by Samsung announcement of the recall to "arrange for a mail exchange". The automated menu finally asked for the name of my Carrier, I pressed 1 for Verizon. I was connected to Verizon. The lady who answered said since I recently purchased the phones ( I have two to exchange) I need to return them for a refund. She did not offer to replace them. I explained that my wife had an upgrade and her old phone was returned to Verizon which would leave her without a phone. AND I purchased the phones because of the BOGO and am waiting for the $672 Visa card. I would lose that if I returned the phones. She said to contact Samsung. I mentioned that I called Samsung and got connected to her. She offered to call Samsung for me and speak to the rep. Minutes later she returned to the line and just handed me off to the Samsung rep who asked how she could help. I told her my story and she said call back next week as the exchange program will start next week. She did not know when next week to call.

So I will call Samsung next week.
You need to handle this through Verizon. You should take a trip in your store. They will want you to return the phones today, you do not have to.

Tell them you want to exchange when the stock comes in and ask how to still get the deal you got.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a question that may have been answered before but if it has I missed it .

I ordered my N-7 online from VZW the first day it took orders. On this exchange will I be able to simply take it into a company store for the exchange , or will one be shipped to me and I ship back the current N-7

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a question that may have been answered before but if it has I missed it .

I ordered my N-7 online from VZW the first day it took orders. On this exchange will I be able to simply take it into a company store for the exchange , or will one be shipped to me and I ship back the current N-7
It seems like all carriers are handling this in store. You might want to stop by a Verizon store near you and ask them though.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
They only say all because they don't know which phones they put the batteries in. They did not follow the typical process of which mfgr battery went in which phone. That's a big drop on the ball. I play the crap out of music, Pokemon, YouTube, etc. I think if this was as serious as everyone thinks high stress would cause heat rather rapidly. I want to see the cases of U.S. note 7's that have blown out. All I can find is international notes.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
If you purchased direct from Verizon online and you received the phone via FedEx, will they ship you the new one or does it have to be swapped at a local corporate store?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
They only say all because they don't know which phones they put the batteries in. They did not follow the typical process of which mfgr battery went in which phone. That's a big drop on the ball. I play the crap out of music, Pokemon, YouTube, etc. I think if this was as serious as everyone thinks high stress would cause heat rather rapidly. I want to see the cases of U.S. note 7's that have blown out. All I can find is international notes.

Actually they did follow process and the contractor made a mistake.

You are making assumptions by what would happen based on no facts.

That is a dangerous thing.

There are over 1 million devices for sure at risk according to Samsung. That number is growing.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
i bought it this week new for $720. i'll probably wait until tuesday than i will call samsung and explain the situation, hopefully they can help me without having me contact the seller.
Now if yours is a Verizon one, Verizon might handle it. Carriers are basically handling this for Samsung because this is beyond carriers.

I've been wondering how individual sales would bw affected.

Please send me a pm when you find out. It would be helpful for me he Android Central team to know this so we can direct others that come here asking what to do with their phone bought from an individual.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

So should I stick with the silver? Or go black?

I've had both... first one had a screen defect, and got my replacement (silver) the day before the recall...

both beautiful, but Silver (actually, I believe it would more properly be called Adamantium... :)) is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar