Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Actually they did follow process and the contractor made a mistake.

You are making assumptions by what would happen based on no facts.

That is a dangerous thing.

There are over 1 million devices for sure at risk according to Samsung. That number is growing.

That does raise the question... if they do know which 1 million are at risk, why are they recalling them all? I only ask because I'm curious. (I believe I have one that overheats. I'm just being very cautious until a replacement is available.)

Thank you for your time.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That does raise the question... if they do know which 1 million are at risk, why are they recalling them all? I only ask because I'm curious. (I believe I have one that overheats. I'm just being very cautious until a replacement is available.)

Thank you for your time.
That is just the number they are saying now. It is likely, this is just my thoughts.. That the previous phones they have identified came from specific batches with these battery cells. So they can have an idea.

My guess is now Samsung has no confidence after their investigation that other battery cells are ok, but if they haven't seen an issue from another batch yet, no proof of that.

They may know that whatever the contractor did was done in all production, hence the reason for recalling all phones.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Take it to the store. Customer service has consistently told me to take it to the store.

How will we know that we are getting the new improved model?

Samsung should at least give us the new Gear VR headset or 360 Camera for our troubles instead of that lousy $25. credit. :p

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
All I get from Samsung is if your phone is not getting hot with heavy usage or while charging then it is not one of the bad batteries. That's what tells me they dont have a clue what actually happened. Now I know the metal plate I installed on the back of my case causes heat build up using a wireless charger so I don't leave it in the case. The assumption is every phone is bad and yet Samsung tells me I'm fine since I have had it before launch with no heat issues. I can understand they have taken the route of just replace them all because they don't know where the bad batteries went. But there are probably more good ones than they actually know. Just a thought.

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok so, I got my phone through a third party wireless company because that's what's closest to me.... Should I try to find an actual Verizon Store for a replacement device when they arrive?

Jedi215

May 31, 2013
Visit site
It took me forEVER to set up this phone I am almost ready take a risk and not send in my note
With Samsung switch, your old phone can be copied to the new one with nothing for you to set up. It's the new KIES they had before but better. Switch comes already on the phone. You can do it by computer if you've backed up your phone, or if you have a cable with USB-C on both ends and do it phone to phone. I'm sure they'll sed you the new phone a d then you send the old one. They cant leave you without a phone in between.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
All I get from Samsung is if your phone is not getting hot with heavy usage or while charging then it is not one of the bad batteries. That's what tells me they dont have a clue what actually happened. Now I know the metal plate I installed on the back of my case causes heat build up using a wireless charger so I don't leave it in the case. The assumption is every phone is bad and yet Samsung tells me I'm fine since I have had it before launch with no heat issues. I can understand they have taken the route of just replace them all because they don't know where the bad batteries went. But there are probably more good ones than they actually know. Just a thought.

You have a dummy at Samsung.

Samsung Global who actually made these phones, not Samsung USA, wants you to return the phone.

Don't ask them if your phone is one, it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.